Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Pen Pal Project - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    I have been following this thread for a while and I wanted to join but stayed quiet because I had too much going on in my life. However, things have changed and I know I have plenty of time to devote to a new project as well as my old ones. If anyone is looking for a pen pal send me a message and I'm sure I have the type of character you are looking for as I have so many.

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member
    I have been following this thread for a while and I wanted to join but stayed quiet because I had too much going on in my life. However, things have changed and I know I have plenty of time to devote to a new project as well as my old ones. If anyone is looking for a pen pal send me a message and I'm sure I have the type of character you are looking for as I have so many.

Thanks in advance.

I actually have a Sim that I'm currently trying to find a penpal for! Her name is Evelyn Redmond. She's doing the Alien Adoption Challenge and you can find her story here (sorry that I don't have a lot of chapters out, I'm a bit of a slow writer when it comes to this and I've also been at a sleepaway camp for the past 3 weeks without my computer). She probably won't write often, because A. she has a toddler to take care of and B. as stated earlier, I write chapters slowly... also, it'll probably be a while before I actually get the thing going because it'll be a bit before she "discovers" the project in-story.
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Heyoo, I was wondering if there's anyone active who wants to write? I was considering submitting another person since my kid Niels already has three. Some basic info is that his name's Victor Caruso. He's a bit different given his career, but he's a fairly simple man with simple hobbies who could probably use a friend. He's very misunderstood because his face looks very ">:(" and people think he's a super bad guy when he's literally afraid of sour skittles I mean c'mon

I'm having trouble solidifying his personality in my story, despite him not being that big of a character in the first place. I like to have backups in case I get an epiphany for something ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    Hi guys,

I’m still here, and my Sims are still available for pen pals.

I’m still a bit behind in replies but am looking to shrink that ASAP. I’ve been putting out a lot of updates on my story lately, as I’m right in the middle of some intense events. But yes, I’ll be getting back to my pen pal letters as soon as I can.
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • Options
    Cement wrote: »
    Heyoo, I was wondering if there's anyone active who wants to write? I was considering submitting another person since my kid Niels already has three. Some basic info is that his name's Victor Caruso. He's a bit different given his career, but he's a fairly simple man with simple hobbies who could probably use a friend. He's very misunderstood because his face looks very ">:(" and people think he's a super bad guy when he's literally afraid of sour skittles I mean c'mon

I'm having trouble solidifying his personality in my story, despite him not being that big of a character in the first place. I like to have backups in case I get an epiphany for something ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sounds interesting! My Sim Evelyn Redmond is a trans woman who's participating in the Alien Adoption Challenge. I've been trying to find her a penpal for a while now. If he has a profile, could you post the link to it? If not, could you post the link to his story? (Or if it's "White Lies and Half Truths," the story linked to in your signature, you could just let me know. :wink:) Just to check out his info to see if he's a decent match for Evelyn. (Also... what's his career...?)

Evelyn is calm, kind, and quiet, with a love for children and a passion for painting (ooooo! Passion for Painting. Alliteration!). She probably won't write for a bit, as she'll have to "find the website" in-story first, and her letters will be a bit spaced-out for two reasons:
    1. I write SimLit slowly
    2. Evelyn has *ahem* a toddler to take care of, which takes up most of her time
    If that's okay with you, I'd love to learn more about Victor and possibly start penpal-ing is that a verb? with him!
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    @Pinmat135 That's absolutely fine! I'm a bit on the slow end of updating as well, but Victor is a minor character so I wouldn't have much to miss out on. And yes, he's in White Lies and Half Truths but doesn't have a formal introduction. :)
    He's a uh... Criminal, but not the robbing kind if you get my drift ;)
    Victor can be described similarly--He likes whittling and gardening and is the "middle child" who had a hand in assisting his adoptive mother with his younger siblings, who are twins. They're grown now but he still considers them to be babies. LOL. I think they'd be a relatively good match given what I've read in your challenge story so far. Since Evelyn seems to be rather understanding, maybe she'd hit it off with him if she gives it a chance :)

Edit: I've got his application here if you're interested :)
    Post edited by Cement on
  • Options
    @Cement They seem like a pretty good match! One question (not about your character) - where is the application template? I can't find it anywhere.
  • Options
    @Pinmat135 Hmm, from what I remember, there actually isn't a default template since a few of the applications I remember reading through are varied 🤔 Feel free to use the same setup I did :)
  • Options
    @Cement Ah. The applications I've seen have all had similar (if not identical) setups, so I assumed there was one template. Thanks!
  • Options
    @Pinmat135 Not a problem! Would you like to be the one to write the first letter or should I after you've set up? :)
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Cement wrote: »
    @Pinmat135 Not a problem! Would you like to be the one to write the first letter or should I after you've set up? :)

Maybe you. I'll probably mark her "discovering" the project in-story by saying something along the lines of "I found this interesting website. I now have a pen pal!" Might take a few chapters, though...

Oh! Also. Just making sure, but Victor isn't transphobic or xenophobic, right?
    Post edited by Pinmat135 on
  • Options
    Pinmat135 wrote: »

Maybe you. I'll probably mark her "discovering" the project in-story by saying something along the lines of "I found this interesting website. I now have a pen pal!" Might take a few chapters, though...

Oh! Also. Just making sure, but Victor isn't transphobic or xenophobic, right?

Gotcha :)
    I'll keep an eye out for your application--and no, he isn't. :^)
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    @simscognito , I wrote a reply :smiley: it's a little broken up though. xD Sorry.

Here is the link
  • Options
    AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
    I'm not sure how I'll do or if this is still going, but this sounds like an amazing project and I would love to be a part of it!
    ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    It is still going. Of you would like a penpal, my one character is collecting new penpals constantly. I'm having him complete the postcard collection, as well as doing a foster challenge. ^^

It's basically just a different way to write Sims lits.
  • Options
    Shadami wrote: »
    It is still going. Of you would like a penpal, my one character is collecting new penpals constantly. I'm having him complete the postcard collection, as well as doing a foster challenge. ^^

It's basically just a different way to write Sims lits.

I'd love to ^~^ Is there anything specific I need to know or do? Is there a specific kind of sim you want me to use or anything?
    ntlW6ly.png
  • Options
    There is a form that can be filled out.

here is a link to mine
    The character you use is up to you. If there is one you think would be better to chat with Chance than feel free to use that one. :)
    I think I will probably do an updated version of his penpal application at some point soon actually. To show that he has a couple all ready.
  • Options
    There is a form that can be filled out.

here is a link to mine
    The character you use is up to you. If there is one you think would be better to chat with Chance than feel free to use that one. :)
    I think I will probably do an updated version of his penpal application at some point soon actually. To show that he has a couple all ready.

Ooh, I didn't see the application! I'll read over yours and get mine ready to go, will post it here once it's done! ^~^ I'm feeling pretty excited about this~
    ntlW6ly.png
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    @simscognito , I wrote a reply :smiley: it's a little broken up though. xD Sorry.

Here is the link

@Shadami Alex will get to replying soon. This will be his last reply, however, since the story is coming to an end. Thanks so much for doing the pen pal project with me. I've had great fun.
  • Options
    @Shadami Okay, I've got it filled and posted, I hope this is okay! If not, please let me know ^~^

Click

If anyone else is interested, feel free to let me know~
    ntlW6ly.png
  • Options
    The story is coming to an end!? Nooo it's been such a good read! ;O Thank you for writing to Chance cog. This has been lots of fun.

Great tiger. Let me check it out and I can have chance send the first letter of you would like.
  • Options
    The story is coming to an end!? Nooo it's been such a good read! ;O Thank you for writing to Chance cog. This has been lots of fun.

Great tiger. Let me check it out and I can have chance send the first letter of you would like.

That would be great! That way, I can get a sense of how it should be formatted and done ^~^
    ntlW6ly.png
  • Options
    I don't think there is a right or wrong way to write a letter :] Chance will send one out here shortly
  • Options
    BlackhelmetmanBlackhelmetman Posts: 28 Member
    How does this actually work? :/ Do you have them write pen pal letters then just pretend which sim it is?
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    How does this actually work? :/ Do you have them write pen pal letters then just pretend which sim it is?

you write letters as if your sim was writing it. i used to participate but work keeps changing my hours so i had to stop.