Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New gaming laptop

I just bought a new gaming laptop that I hope will run the Sims 4 with all EPS, GPs, SPs, and CC on ultra settings. Here are my specs and hopefully I didn't waste my money.

GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB (VR Ready)
Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz)
16 GB Memory 1 TB HDD 256 GB SSD
17.3" Full HD 1920 x 1080 G-Sync
16.85" x 11.57" x 1.88" 8.33 lbs.
DVD Super Multi

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited January 2017
    It will run the game. If it has two hard drives and c drive is smaller you would need to custom install the game to d drive.

You will also need this link. Your laptop will have two video cards Intel and Nvidia. You need to make sure the game is using Nvidia not intel http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/776882/sims-4-and-switchable-graphics-how-to-nvidia-amd/p1
    Post edited by phoebebebe13 on
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    edited January 2017
    That's a great laptop! You didn't waste your money at all. Have fun playing the game. :grin:
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    Thanks for the info ya'll. And special thanks for the link @phoebebebe13. Now I just have to (im)patiently wait for it to get here.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Thanks for the info ya'll. And special thanks for the link @phoebebebe13. Now I just have to (im)patiently wait for it to get here.

Your very welcome. Enjoy that nice new laptop. :) If you need any further help just post back. You may need further help than that link. Some laptops and desktops have different Nvidia control panels so you may have more options or less options than posted in that link.