Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can anyone help me? (PC upgrade)

Supersoph13Supersoph13 Posts: 647 Member
edited January 2017 in PC - Technical Discussions
Hello, thanks for taking a look at my thread, i hope you can offer me some help :blush:

I got my desktop computer in September 2015 and it was cheap. It was an upgrade from my previous one and was for the Sims 4 base game, plus other sims (simcity/sims 3 etc) titles. I am still able to play all those fine, however since installing 2 stuff packs, 1 game pack and City Life (i have all other EPs already) Sims 4 certainly lags a bit when i'm in the city. Its still totally playable and i enjoy it but its not perfect. So i've been looking around online all night at desktops and graphic cards and motherboards till my brain hurts.

My current desktop -
CIT Vanquish Case blue LED (i love this, don't want to change it if i don't have to!)
ASUS P5G41T-MLX Motherboard
Nvidia Geforce GT 730 2GB DDR5
Intel Quad Core 2.4ghz Q6600
8GB DDR3 RAM (2 x 4GB)
Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit
750watt power supply

What i need advice on is which parts to upgrade? Product names you would recommend? What would you do? Or should i just get a new computer? :neutral:

The guy who built my computer would be the one upgrading it, if i knew what parts. I'm finding it hard working out which components are compatible with which and what will fit in my case and all that more technical stuff. Any help would be appreciated! Oh and i only use this computer for Sims 2 + plus all EPs, Sims 3 + all EPs, Sims 4+plus all current and probably future EPs, and Simcity 5. Haha. Other games i just buy for my PS4 if I can. I call it my Sims-computer :blush:

Edit: btw, i'm in the UK :smile:
My Sim, living her best life...
pxs8nzx2nk1b.png
#RagsToRiches
Post edited by Supersoph13 on

Comments