Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"SetImportedTerrainOffset" Not working on community lots when using EIG

I'm currently going through and making a final cleanup of aesthetic issues in my current world project. One of the things I wanted to do was fix the festival grounds that were on the beach by adding a bit more land around the edge of the lot.

I have now done this but the terrain changes naturally resulted in lot tearing, so I flattened the lot, saved it, and then bulldozed it and deleted the lot so I could replace it. After replacing the lot however, I cannot change the import height. It is only effecting this lot, I tried setting the import height really high to make sure it wasn't just too subtle, and it worked when placing a regular residential lot.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?
"Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

Do you have a picture?

Let's see...I remember some lots having to be changed in height/depth but the code not working(wish our site favs still worked).
    What I learned was to use the landscape tool to flatten where I wanted (with the constrain code on) and then deleting Everything... once it's all gone, turn off the constrain code then hitting undo until everything was back BUT before where I flattened the land (don't want it to all jump back).

That's what I did when all else failed IF we're talking about the same thing. . . and made sure to save the lot again. :)
  • Options
    LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    @Rflong7 Your post got me thinking and I seem to have solved the issue. The height wouldn't apply unless I put down the built lot, entered the code, saved it, bulldozed it, and placed it again. It seems that this lot (and only this one from the ones I've placed so far) has a height set into it. I don't remember doing this during the world editing process, but there are a lot of lots in this world so I very well could have.

Thank you for your post!
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Way to figure it out! Wonderful job. :mrgreen: