Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If We Ever Get Plumbots/Servos...

I hope they can get a perk that will allow them to become androids (similar to the alien disguise, and now the alternate vampire look). It would also be cook if regular Sims could upgrade themselves to become cyborgs.
Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Servo Stuff Pack.
  • starwingcoronastarwingcorona Posts: 110 Member
    I'd love to see that happen. I used to EditSim my Plumbots and Simbots to look like people just so I'd have androids.
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    Interesting, and it could follow upgrades in their personality too, from machine to almost human.
    Anyway, more than anything else, I hope they're back soon. They've always been my favorite life state. I love robots.
  • MeepMorpMeepMorp Posts: 85 Member
    I sincerely hope we get a Servo/Plumbot GP and I hope that Sims who are good in programming are able to hack them. It would be awesome to have a Simbot/Servo that's malfunctioning and making their owners life miserable because an evil Sim couldn't keep their hands away from them :lol:
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    I love building em & would love to have Sim Androids!!

Plus I love fixing Plumbots when they glitch out.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    okester wrote: »
    I hope they can get a perk that will allow them to become androids (similar to the alien disguise, and now the alternate vampire look). It would also be cook if regular Sims could upgrade themselves to become cyborgs.

I have been asking for this since The Sims 2. :)
    CK213 wrote: »
    Hello Sims Studio, it's me again with ideas for Servos/Simbots/Plumbots. ;)

Simlicants plays off Replicants, from the movie Blade Runner. They were androids that were nearly indistinguishable from humans. I have been making them in The Sims since TS2. Not as a replacement for Servos/Simbots/Plumbots, but the ultimate form in addition to them.
    snapshot_520254b2_3205b0db.jpg

Screenshot-1840.jpg

First a bit of history, from my Ideas Request before Simbots:
    CK213 wrote: »
    What I proposed on the TS2 feedback site were three upgradeable levels of Servo.
    Not gonna happen, I think, but it's fun to think about. Maybe we will get it in The Sims 4.

Base Servo 1. A simple Servo that just takes care of work around the house. No socializing, no love, no watching TV, no wandering around town. Judging from this picture, I don't think that's the case. This servo seems to like to see things go boom.
    68293_ts3_ambitions_inventor_1_norm.png

Upgraded Servo 2. A sleeker, cooler servo that is a little more humanoid and interacts socially with your sims. It can even have nanny duties, unlike the utilitarian base Servo. You can program it for specific tasks. You may just want someone to clean up and garden, but never touch the kids.
    personal-robot-06-by-franz-steiner.jpg

45011_1179862738_submedium.jpg

Upgraded Servo 3.
    The most sophisticated servo that is extremely human-like and someone would have to observe carefully to determine if it is actually a robot. It has no traits, but it you play it a certain way it can become self-aware, form a unique identity and receive traits. It will then want to live its own life and even fall in love and show more sim emotions.
    frankmillere6.jpg

I think it would be fun to have one fall in love with a sim and try to hide the fact that it is actually a robot. Be sure that their love isn't around when they do maintenance or recharge. :lol:

Upgraded Servo 3 (Simlicant) never happened, but I felt Plumbots qualified for Upgraded Servo 2. Servos and Simbots would qualify for Base Servo 1, without the social/fun need requirements. I loved Plumbots! Thank you. The variety was awesome.
    Screenshot-2995.jpg

Screenshot-2968.jpg

Modding Plumbots did give me my best chance yet to make a Simlicant to the level of what I imagine they could be.
    Mplumbot.jpg

With some cool abilities.
    Screenshot-2998.jpg

Particularly being able to shut them down. Sometimes you have to do it. >:)
    Screenshot-2982.jpg

I was really happy because I thought I had achieved making a very cool one.
    Screenshot-3019.jpg

Unfortunately, modding had some glitchy side effects that took the fun out of them. I suspect because she was still part Simbot.
    Screenshot-3027.jpg

So I gave up and continued playing Into The Future and the other EPs.
    Screenshot-3028.jpg
    I will probably tinker with her some more, because what I did experience was really cool.
    Here is for hoping they officially come to TS4. :)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    @CK213 This is really awesome ! Is your mod available for download ? What were the exact issues with it ?
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Candyd wrote: »
    @CK213 This is really awesome ! Is your mod available for download ? What were the exact issues with it ?

I used NRaas Master Controller.
    My results were a bit bugged because I was trying to turn a sim that was already a Simbot into a Plumbot.
    I really liked the sim that was a Simbot and I had difficulty trying to recreate her again in CAS. So I just tried to her simbot self into a plumbot.

She was fine for the most part until she used the multi-tab tablet. It would mess up her arms and they would be stuck that way.
    Resetting her would change her to random looking townie and changer her clothes. So I gave up on that and just kept her as a Simbot. But Plumbots are so much better.

Cyron43 took it further and he outlined steps to do it.
    I haven't gotten around to trying it myself.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/11681535#Comment_11681535

I don't know if this method gets around the stuck arms issue.
    I hope EA allows us to by design instead of mucking around with mods.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member

Sounds like you want daleks or cybermen to me.
  • LePanderpLePanderp Posts: 36 Member
    Cyborgs could be good. We could use them to create a superhero taskforce!
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member

Sounds like you want daleks or cybermen to me.

Honestly this would be awesome ! Can't wait for the cybermen to upgrade my sims >:)