Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 Problem with term paper

My Y.A sim had 90% of his term paper done, and when I tried to make him do his term paper, he did just 1% of it, and then when I tried to make him do his term paper again, the option just wasn't there, it disappeared, I need help???
Even if I die, I'll still feel alive knowing that there are people that loved me. -Ryan Yamada
2lDWFwI.gif

Comments

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Try influencing someone to do his term paper for him?
  • SnappiTheSimmerxxSnappiTheSimmerxx Posts: 180 Member
    edited January 2017
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    Try influencing someone to do his term paper for him?

Will try.

Edit: It didn't work..
    Even if I die, I'll still feel alive knowing that there are people that loved me. -Ryan Yamada
    2lDWFwI.gif
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    That happened to me once or twice. Not sure why it happened, but I just sold the computer and bought another one and it fixed itself. (you don't loose any progress, and if you need extra cash to get another one just sell a dresser that is in one of the dorm rooms :D That's what I did anyway, they don't really need or use them :p )
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    That happened to me once or twice. Not sure why it happened, but I just sold the computer and bought another one and it fixed itself. (you don't loose any progress, and if you need extra cash to get another one just sell a dresser that is in one of the dorm rooms :D That's what I did anyway, they don't really need or use them :p )

I'll try that tommorow! Right now I'm going to bed, haha! :lol:
    2lDWFwI.gif
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    I had the same incident at least once. It just came another Want not fullfilled as the term papers were not needed to pass the exam anyway.
  • MingYangYoMingYangYo Posts: 362 Member
    Hmm I've never had that problem but then again I was lazy and didn't make my sims do those. Lol
    Let me in I got a heart of gold

L2Oe8ie.jpg
    It doesn't work, I'm just gonna do assignments until i drop dead. :relaxed:
    Maybe next semester It won't happen, orelse I'll move out of this college and go to another :lol:
    2lDWFwI.gif
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited January 2017
    Have you checked by going to a Community lot, like the Library, and see if the option is available on those?

Plus, a great reason to go to Community lots in Uni is they can go to class twice and get credit for it. IF they go near the time of their classes. I will do that instead of turning the season to Fall (where they learn everything faster). :)

*If class is at 9am send them to a Community Lot about 7:45am and they'll go to class there and when they get back home. )
  • AllieSootieAllieSootie Posts: 450 Member
    I've had that happen a few times. I never used influence because they would just get mad and leave after.
    I've had that happen a few times. I never used influence because they would just get mad and leave after.
    This post is kinda old! LOL! My sim even graduated with honors and now he even has twins who are both children! LOL!
    2lDWFwI.gif
    I was actually asking for myself because I have had the same problem and dislike the influence system so was wondering if there was an alternative.
    I was actually asking for myself because I have had the same problem and dislike the influence system so was wondering if there was an alternative.
    The assignment method worked for me.. You should keep doing assignments until next semester, then it will get solved and you'll be able to make the term paper again.
    2lDWFwI.gif
  • GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    How's their mood? When they aren't too happy they stop doing so and well, who can blame 'em haha
    Lift me up - Let me go
    I find usually in The Sims 2, the interaction would still be there, but your Sims would say "Can't you see that I'm in a bad mood? I don't feel like it" when you asked them to do it. My issue is that the interaction wouldn't even be there. And yeah, I cannot blame them for stopping their term paper after a while. I like to joke that I never write a term paper in one session, but I force my sims to do it.
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    If you have OFB and someone knows how to make snapdragons... those are what I'd use to finish term papers.

My simself is currently having a less-than-illustrious career as a novelist, and term papers and novels seem to take something close to the same time. (Which is ludicrous - real life experience of mine shows that a novel takes much longer than a term paper... ) Snapdragons help. As does having a decent computer so it doesn't break halfway through.

Since I'm treating term papers as something that sims only do if they're in certain majors, this usually doesn't bother me.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    If you have OFB and someone knows how to make snapdragons... those are what I'd use to finish term papers.

My simself is currently having a less-than-illustrious career as a novelist, and term papers and novels seem to take something close to the same time. (Which is ludicrous - real life experience of mine shows that a novel takes much longer than a term paper... ) Snapdragons help. As does having a decent computer so it doesn't break halfway through.

Since I'm treating term papers as something that sims only do if they're in certain majors, this usually doesn't bother me.

What are snapdragons outside of flowers? Sorry, you've introduced gameplay I'm unaware of yet :flushed:
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    I'm with Nanashi, what are snap dragons?
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    Godlike wrote: »
    How's their mood? When they aren't too happy they stop doing so and well, who can blame 'em haha

In my cases, it seldom has anything to do with mood. Sometimes, I stop their writing term papers, for instance because they should go to class.
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member

What are snapdragons outside of flowers? Sorry, you've introduced gameplay I'm unaware of yet :flushed:

Snapdragons are a type of flower craftable with the flower bench from OFB. Being around one raises a Sim's motives. Unless it's an evil snapdragon, those drain these motives instead.
    Banner.png
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member

Snapdragons are a type of flower craftable with the flower bench from OFB. Being around one raises a Sim's motives. Unless it's an evil snapdragon, those drain these motives instead.

Specifically: they're the most difficult flower arrangement to make with the Open For Business flower arranging station. They raise a sim's motives (except energy) no matter their aspiration, and do it fast enough to deal with all except the most draining activities, so drop one next to a sim's computer and they can literally write term papers until they pass out. (Their aspiration will still go down, but if they want to write a term paper, that's their problem. It also doesn't go fast enough that I care, compared to the grades boost and the aspiration payout for writing the paper.)

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Snapdragon_bouquet
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Never knew that... thank you for the information. I love how no matter how long I play this game there is always a new surprise. I love TS2 so much :heart:
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    I didn't either. Will note that for future reference, just in case. I'm with you, nanashi, Sims2 is the best game ever!