Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can we get the Stuff Pack forum back?

jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
edited January 2017 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
Basically, Stuff Pack threads are being posted in the Game Pack sub-forum and I find I'm constantly fishing through Stuff Pack threads between the Game Pack threads. I also see them in the Expansion Pack thread also.

At the time of writing, there are 16 threads related to Stuff Packs within the first page or so.

We obviously need a separate sub-forum for them.

@SimGuruDrake, will you reconsider?

Comments

• Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Yes please
    21mbz47.jpg
  • cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Agree. Was having trouble finding butler related threads and a search lead me to the GP forum, which I thought was odd.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    But under the categories it says this:

The Sims 4 General Discussions
    The new place to talk about The Sims 4 and Stuff Packs

Maybe they wanted some positivity back in the general section because for a while it was being over-run with a lot of negativity like feedback.
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

Maybe they wanted some positivity back in the general section because for a while it was being over-run with a lot of negativity like feedback.

They only merged the stuff pack section into GD recently, only a few months ago.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

People aren't seeing that though and are posting in the Game Pack section.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Maybe she can give Sims3 back their own creative corner like 4 has and 2 has while she is fixing things! :)
  • kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    I wish we can get the Stuff Pack section back,too.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    Maybe she can give Sims3 back their own creative corner like 4 has and 2 has while she is fixing things! :)

Yes, that would be good, since so far any requests have apparently gone unheeded :disappointed:
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

Wow, I didn't notice that until you mentioned it just now. If they want it to be that way, they should really call the subforum "General Discussion and Stuff Packs." Putting it in the description is a great way to ensure that most people will never read it.

I've been using internet forums for probably over a decade now and I still barely read subforum descriptions. I would go so far as to say that they are rather pointless, honestly... they really only become useful if the title of the subforum is insufficient in describing what the subforum is for. And if the subforum title is insufficient, that probably means you aren't naming it accurately enough, or the subforum's purpose is too muddled.

I like forums, but some of their features are really antiquated and were never updated with usability testing.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I don't think they're posting in game packs, I think they're being moved. Agreed though, or stick to gd
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

It would be nice if the CAW area was easier to find as I keep loosing it. :open_mouth:

People do still make worlds as well :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I thought stuff packs in general discussion was a good move. I wish they weren't in the game pack section now though.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Yes, I never understood why they suddenly got merged with General Discussion.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I concur. It's difficult I think for new posters and returning posters to understand where to have discussions and ask questions about SPs leading them to naturally select one of the other two. It would be one thing if SPs were truly just "stuff" but there are a lot of game play elements interwoven throughout them giving rise to questions and SPs are released far more often then the other two packs meaning there is consistent discussion revolving around them. For instance, the EP section is nearly dead at the moment and by February it will truly be dead and not really lively again until the very late summer/fall.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    @SimGuruDrake can you please reconsider bringing back the stuff pack forum!!
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

It would be nice if the CAW area was easier to find as I keep loosing it. :open_mouth:

People do still make worlds as well :smile:

Yes, the 'child' sections disappeared making it harder to find...perhaps to my conspiracy theorist persona.....on purpose? :sunglasses:
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    Yes, I never understood why they suddenly got merged with General Discussion.

My guess is that they wanted to give more visibility to stuff packs. They must know how much traffic each section gets and the stuff pack sub forum was probably not getting as much attention as they wanted and that's why they merged it with the general section. I'm sure many people don't even know (or care) about subforums and just lurke in the general section.

That being said, I also wish stuff packs got their own subforum back. It's neater that way, and it makes it easier to find information about stuff packs without having to go through lots of unrelated posts.
    jackjack_k wrote: »

SPs threads are being moved to feedback, I know this cause it happened to me recently and I asked @SimGuruDrake the same thing the OP is asking for now.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

Then let's request that SimGuruDrake increases the font size to 48 so even the "blind as a bat" Simmers can find their way to making stuff pack posts under general! #JustSaying
  • pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    I also liked it better when each EP/GP had its own folder. It's especially hard now to find relevant threads to older EPs after a new EP release, because naturally there will be lots of discussion about the new features. Searching is hit or miss, and any post you make about an old EP gets quickly drowned out by chatter about the new ones. So, sort of on topic here, I'd really like all the folders back the way they were before. @SimGuruDrake
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    I've created a straw poll so we can get a general consensus as to what people want.
    http://www.strawpoll.me/12075828
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    I've created a straw poll so we can get a general consensus as to what people want.
    http://www.strawpoll.me/12075828

Ok I voted
    21mbz47.jpg
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    I voted!
    Thanks for voting!
    edited January 2017
    While we're asking for something, I'd like to bring up the lol button too. Sometimes awesome and like just don't work for something that is funny. It's not essential but I'd like to see it come back.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top