Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

25 Day Male Create-A-Sim Challenge

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,594 Member
    @DeKay Declan looks a lot like Dylan (who is my favorite sim ever!) :D

You're right. It has to be the pale skin and black beanie. :tongue:
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    Day 5: Mr Rock'n'Roll - Elwood Prescott

Some call him "a hunk, a hunk of burning love," others think he "ain't nothin' but a hound dog," but the only opinion that matters to Elwood Prescott is Elwood Prescott's. Prescott has gathered a large fanbase of teen girls. Adults - on the other hand - have not been so receptive, referring to his songs as "the devil's music."

taking in his favorite sight: himself
    8lSSxbv.png

putting the moves on Liberty Lee
    0Cgjhod.png

belting out one of his hits
    KUwRpvr.png

Traits: Romantic, Music Lover, Self-Assured
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Elwood is a great rock and roll singer! @Loudon_Wainwright :) His traits go well together. It is very nice photo that you have posted of him enjoying singing one of his hits! It looks nice the way he has his face on the side when talking to Liberty.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,594 Member
    Day 5: Mr Rock N Roll.

This is Awston Hensley. He is a loner but a budding musician who loves to rock out.
    QWk41hd.jpg

When he needs some down time from all the writing, he would visit the night club to get drinks.
    Qce9NJu.jpg

Awston also loves the city and night life!
    tLqsFKS.jpg
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    It is great that Awton enjoys spending time in the city and the night life @DeKay :) His hair is very nice! His guitar type suits him and goes well with the black colour scheme of his clothing.
  • monkeypants1monkeypants1 Posts: 320 Member
    edited January 2017
    As always, I'm really loving what everyone else is coming up with. @Pixelsimmer I especially like the backstory you've given your distinguished scholar, and also the idea of Indiana Jones mixed with Giles from Buffy. You should post some screen shots after the game pack drops of him exploring Forgotten Hollow.

Anyway, Day Three: Gamer.

He's the guy credited with what some have called the worst game ever made - E.T. the Extra Terrestrial (by Atari). Howard Scott Warshaw, was a very successful game designer working for Atari when he was given the impossible task of producing this game, by himself, in only five weeks. It's the game that's credited with bringing Atari down and they very famously buried millions of unsold cartridges of the game in the desert (which was just recently excavated to recover). Reference pictures here. I did the young Howard Scott Warshaw since those were his gamer days, and also because that hair and beard are amazing.

Chilling on his cruddy front porch furniture, because in true gamer fashion, he spent all of his money on the electronics inside the house:
    GyjXCUB.png?1

"Hmm... I think it's time to bring ET to mobile..."
    9RnWNyg.png

"This time, I'm going to make ET fight gigantic robots."
    CF9Ddqn.png?2

"And instead of ET being chased by the cops, he's going to be the one chasing them. It's going to be awesome!"
    2uYnoTZ.png
  • RepoRepo Posts: 344 Member
    My rocker, Brett Green, is a collaboration between my daughter and myself. There was a household discussion about what a rocker is after I asked for an opinion from my daughter and she declared my efforts as posers or ageing boy band members (with horror). After that, she wouldn't leave it alone until he (mostly) passed her standards (she had some strong words about EA clothes and lack of edgy-ness).

Here is Brett Green. He is an ambitions, creative music lover. Music is his life above all other things. He must create and share it, whether any one else listens or not, it is a expression of himself and he will do it his way or none at all.

In his cheap apartment

t03yv4.jpg

Playing

2d0cegw.jpg
    Your simversion of Howard Scott Warshaw is great! @monkeypants1 :) His hair and beard looks very nice! The bottles. chips and can of drink are great touches onthe old crate in the outside balcony! The Rubik's cube pattern on his t-shirt looks great! Your presentation of the pictures to include thought bubbles that refer back to the ET game are creatively done!
    Brett looks a great rocker sim! @Repo :) It is great that how he looks is a combined design idea between you and your daughter ! His hair looks great! The clothes that he is wearing suits well him being a rocker. It is a nice picture of him enjoying playing the guitar.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I really love seeing all the different interpretations for the keywords everyday, so much creativity. :)

I've added the download link for Saul to my last post, because there were some Gallery issues yesterday.

And now it's time for you to meet my rocker...
    tumblr_ojmoujc4Aa1v8k7elo5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ojmoujc4Aa1v8k7elo8_1280.jpg
    Brandon B. Blake
    Brandon B. Blake (whose original name is Frank McKay), known for his blue eyes and blue jacket, was once the lead singer of the famous rockband “Blake and the Blues”. He always dreamed of making it to that penthouse - but never got there. His pessimistic disposition, or was it his refusal to grow up? Or maybe it was a fight over a woman? Anyway, something Brandon did made the band fall apart and now it’s just him and his guitar, in his mice infested apartment. He makes most of his money by busking in the streets of San Myshuno. Mostly he gets his tips from tourists, or the odd old fan that still remembers him. Brandon likes to think he’s still got it when it comes to the ladies, but unless it’s a groupie of the former days of glory, he’s proven wrong, night after night. On occassion he belts out one of his classics on a karaoke night, which is rarely appreciated by anyone.
    Aspiration: Mansion Baron
    Traits: Gloomy, Music Lover, Childish
    tumblr_ojmoujc4Aa1v8k7elo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ojmoujc4Aa1v8k7elo2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ojmoujc4Aa1v8k7elo3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ojmoujc4Aa1v8k7elo4_1280.jpg
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
    Brandon is a great rocker sim! @MDianaSanders :) His blue eyes and blue jacket look very nice! It is sad that his band broke up and now he lives in the San Myshuno apartment that needs TLC. It looks great the way that the pictures you have taken of him reflect what you have written about him in the background details of his life.
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Adults - on the other hand - have not been so receptive, referring to his songs as "the devil's music."
    :lol:

Here is my Mr Rock'n'Roll:

Ronaldo Emersano: Musical Genius Aspiration, Traits: Music Lover, Dance Machine, Hot-Headed

Ronaldo Emersano is an alien. I mean, he's a human. Definitely a human. On his planet, he is a rock'n'roll legend, but on this planet, which is called... hold on... where was it? Oh yeah! Earth. He is a nicely disguised Businessman. He figured the business guys in movies ALWAYS wear suits, so he wears the same suit no matter the circumstances. Everyday living? Suit. Formal? Suit, of course! Sleepwear? Suit. How else do those business guys have it together so well in the movies? You never see them sleep, but you have to assume they're sleeping in those high-powered suits!

By day, he disguises himself as a business tycoon:

Rhq5Dc3.png

By night, he takes to the town to play for his adoring fans:

glphHDQ.png

Or, well... he thinks he's playing for adoring fans. They may, in fact, be cheering for the DJ. But, um, don't tell him that. Poor guy has a temper. He likes to smash guitars when he's angry. It's a favorite sport on his planet... being angry, that is, not smashing guitars. His people are weird, don't ask.

r9Lk0f4.png

Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
    It is great that your rock and roll sim is an alien! @Triplis :) He looks very stylish in his suit disguise as a businessman! He looks like he is enjoying playing his guitar on the glass dance floor. I hope that his hot headed trait doesn't make him all of a sudden start smashing guitars!
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    I hope that his hot headed trait doesn't make him all of a sudden start smashing guitars!
    Lol, thanks rosemow. I hope so too.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    Busy day ahead of me today, so I don't have time to take a bunch of pictures or come up with a backstory right now.

Day 6: Sports Freak - Erick Bakken

yylCgoJ.png
    J2bMaDW.png

Traits: Athletic, Good, Bro
    Erick is a very nice basketball player! @Loudon_Wainwright :) His athletic outfit looks great! His yellow shoes complements well with his top. It is a nice picture of him about to shoot for the goal.
    I hope your busy day goes as smoothly as possible :)
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    Catching up...
    Day 4 (Distinguished Scholar): Henry Culp
    Nerd Brain, Genius, Squeamish and a Music Lover
    33.png
    Day 5 (Rock 'n' Roll): Deven Case
    Party Animal, Non-Committal, Hot headed and a Slob.
    3.png
    Day 6 (Sports Freak): Jack Hay
    Bodybuilder, Active and Perfectionist.
    He's my first teen so far. I based him off all the boys in high school who wanted to become famous football (soccer) players.
    ww.png
  • RepoRepo Posts: 344 Member
    edited January 2017
    That's OK @Loudon_Wainwright, today you're getting a long winded explanation from me. Today's fellow, Devon Kelley, is based off of my (directly) next door neighbor kids (I didn't want them exact, that's creepy). My neighborhood has an enormous number of kid in it. In summer we have upwards of 25 kids of various ages and their visitors playing outside on our street. In winter, though, there is a dedicated group of middle and high school age kids, along with some young adult extended family members, that play football or basket ball in the street. They are out there when its near or below freezing (and no gloves), when it's raining lightly, and often in early evening dark. Whats more impressive is how they play. They play as a team. They never get into fights while playing (before or after once in a while, but never during a game). They play as a team no matter how teams are broken up and the game is always first. As far as I'm concerned, they are sports freaks.

Here is Devon Kelley. He is an athletic, insider bro.

hrygc9.jpg

Playing ball

2n6zzh1.jpg

Edit for spelling
    Post edited by Repo on
  • JasonSim16JasonSim16 Posts: 466 Member
    tumblr_inline_ojf9kvftPK1u21s2l_540.png
    If you regularly take a look on the Gallery, you'll see there are more female Sims than male Sims, so it’s high time to bring back some balance. And it'll be a nice opportunity to practice making male Sims in CAS (for me at least ;) ).
    And… Valentine’s Day is little over a month away, so let’s give our Sims a larger pond (or sea?) to fish from when looking for prospective partners.

I want to keep this fun and accessible, so you can start whenever you want. The aim is to make one male Sim every day for 25 days, but you’re allowed to catch up or resume later if you need to skip a (few) day(s). You’re free to use as many or as little CC as you like and you don’t have to share them, on the Gallery or otherwise. But it would be nice if you did, if you do share, please use the following tag on the Gallery #mdsmalecaschallenge

Although I expect most Sims created for this Challenge will be young adults or adults, there are, technically speaking, no age restrictions except for the one obvious exception. So if you want, you can make all elders, or teens - or even kids if you interpret the keywords freely. You’re also free to make some or all of them aliens - with a fitting disguise.

Keywords, every day has a (few) keyword(s), which serves as theme/inspiration for the Sim you make that day. This is the list:
    1. Surfer Dude
    2. Evil Mastermind
    3. Gamer
    4. Distinguished Scholar
    5. Mr Rock'n'Roll
    6. Sports Freak
    7. Adventurer
    8. Rocket Scientist
    9. Aspriring Artist
    10. Hopeless Romantic
    11. Single Dad (with Male Child)
    12. Ladies’ Man
    13. Couch Potato
    14. Mr Valentine
    15. Billionaire’s Heir
    16. Mr Right
    17. Mr Wrong
    18. Vintage Virtuoso
    19. The Ultimate Bro
    20. Nature Boy
    21. Perfect Family Man
    22. Double Trouble (Twins)
    23. Bar Regular
    24. Businessman
    25. Randomise! (Just genetics - clothes, accessories, hairstyle and facial hair are allowed to be excluded from the randomise options)

I know these keywords are subject to many interpretations, but that is exactly the point, they're just a general theme, there's no wrong or right (except Mr Right and Mr Wrong of course ;) ). You’re free to fill in a Sim’s backstory to your own liking.

Another important note, these Sims don’t have to be super masculine unless you want them to be. If you feel like you should give some of them a feminine frame, go ahead.

If you have any questions, just let me know!

This is such a neat idea! I'll start this Feb. 1st!
    71rbpi.png
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    So many awesome Sims! The Gallery is going to be bumped up a good could of notches in quality :)
    (Also, I still haven't done day 3! Sad. Would be better if I wasn't way behind on everything else in life, too!)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    The three sims look very nice! @dreamprisoner :) The tweed patterned jacket that Henry is wearing looks nice, and the background setting of a classroom is a great touch in the photo of him.
    Devan's hair looks nice, and his golden neck chain is a a great accessory in his outfit.
    Congratulations on creating your first teen! Jack reflects a teen sports player so well! His sporting outfit looks nice. The soccer field in the background looks great in the picture!
    It was very nice reading about the kids that are in your neighbourhood @Repo :) It sounds like they really enjoy playing football and basketball. Devon is a great sports -liking teen! The outfits look great! It is very special that you created him based on the kids in your neighbourhood.
  • TheSims4MagiccTheSims4Magicc Posts: 30 Member
    This challenge is cool, I think I will start working on it after I finish the 33 day create-a-sim challenge one. :smiley:
  • TheSims4MagiccTheSims4Magicc Posts: 30 Member
    @DeKay Surfer Dude is awesome, I love the hair color you chose for him.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top