Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Quest Available: The Grooving Guru Quest

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
From the Girl Who Games:
New Year, New Sims! Get ready for the Health Hub! I’m so excited that there is now a sort of gym in town! The Grooving Guru is a NEW discovery quest that begins once you build the Health Hub, you can find the health hub next to the pet salon:

https://thegirlwhogames.blog/

Comments

• Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    I had it pop up and I hope it works unlike the Story Telling quest.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    It is a new building next to the pet salon. I am building right now :)
  • MingYangYoMingYangYo Posts: 362 Member
    edited January 2017
    Omg lol I see it :D when did this arrive?!
    Let me in I got a heart of gold

L2Oe8ie.jpg
  • Reneerocks23Reneerocks23 Posts: 1 New Member
    I got stuck on the last hour in the ice castle quest. I saw that there is a new ice sculpting hobby available but I can't do it because I can't buy the wand. How do I go about this???
  • MingYangYoMingYangYo Posts: 362 Member
    I got stuck on the last hour in the ice castle quest. I saw that there is a new ice sculpting hobby available but I can't do it because I can't buy the wand. How do I go about this???

Contact @SimGuruEmma for help :)
    Let me in I got a heart of gold

L2Oe8ie.jpg
  • SimGuruEmmaSimGuruEmma Posts: 118 SimGuru

Hey @Reneerocks23, considering the event hasn't even started yet and there haven't been any details officially released yet about what's involved or required as part of the hobby or hobby event I wouldn't be concerned about wands and being able to get them. I would advise you to wait till the event actually starts first :tongue:
    Community Engagement Manager - The Sims FreePlay + The Sims Mobile - Firemonkeys and Maxis
  • LeiaStyleLeiaStyle Posts: 41 Member
    I like the Health Hub and the Aerobics hobby, but unfortunately they made the hobby prizes more like a hobby event format (unlocking 7 rewards in 7 days) instead of the normal format (unlocking 1 reward in 7 days because we need to first level up to level 6 in the hobby before we can even earn 1 reward). I'm still working on my first time through the hobby and will be until day 6. I can't unlock 6 more outfits in a day and a half! I'm not sure why they changed the format, but it seems like either an oversight or a money grab. :neutral:
    LeiaStyle wrote: »
    I like the Health Hub and the Aerobics hobby, but unfortunately they made the hobby prizes more like a hobby event format (unlocking 7 rewards in 7 days) instead of the normal format (unlocking 1 reward in 7 days because we need to first level up to level 6 in the hobby before we can even earn 1 reward). I'm still working on my first time through the hobby and will be until day 6. I can't unlock 6 more outfits in a day and a half! I'm not sure why they changed the format, but it seems like either an oversight or a money grab. :neutral:
    I used 30 to 40 LPs to get one of my sims promoted from lvl 5 to lvl 6 in aerobics. Therefore none of the prices are locked anymore and I expect to be able to get many of the prices because I have a lot of sims working on the hobby. But time will show :)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    I'm only planning to complete it once just to get it done. I won't ever use those outfits anyway. I have 9 sims plus one sim working on it at the new gym.
    @Erpe - Yeah, I've been speeding up the 6hr 30min option at times, but I didn't want to spend too many LPs in case I had to use them to speed up later. I'm thinking about speeding the tasks up a bit more now that I'm on lvl 5. Hopefully it works out. Good luck to you! :smile:

@simgirl1010 - I'm about the same, but I have 9 sims working on it, total. I like the outfits, I just wish they had an athletic wear category like they do for "everyday," "swimsuit," and "sleepwear." That would make it much more feasible. But I'll still have my athletes and aerobics sims wear them as an "everyday" outfit lol. :smiley:
    @LeiaStyle I still have about 250 unused LPs. So I didn't really care :)

@simgirl1010 I am not interested in using the outfits either. But it is still a competition and I am curious to see how many of them I can unlock before the event ends :)
    edited January 2017
    I did use LPs to speed up the tasks and I unlocked the first outfit set. Something that I noticed - now when I have a Sim do the aerobics hobby, the outfit they change into is random between the black/gold one (the reward from the quest) and the first reward from the hobby. So I assume that the more you unlock, there are more options for the hobby to choose from randomly. It's kinda cool that it's not just an "everyday" outfit.
  • Tara2388Tara2388 Posts: 1 New Member
    LeiaStyle wrote: »
    I did use LPs to speed up the tasks and I unlocked the first outfit set. Something that I noticed - now when I have a Sim do the aerobics hobby, the outfit they change into is random between the black/gold one (the reward from the quest) and the first reward from the hobby. So I assume that the more you unlock, there are more options for the hobby to choose from randomly. It's kinda cool that it's not just an "everyday" outfit.

Yeah wow! It's great that it's not just a normal outfit. It's cool that it works that way, but it's also still hard to get all of the outfits because of the time that we have to get them, and also because of the fact that it's a new hobby. Still cool though, and worth the effort and maybe worth using about 40-50 of my LP on it.

• MusicMeg222MusicMeg222 Posts: 163 Member
    I'm excited about this quest and am building the health hub right now!

I want to create a new thread, but for some reason, the 'creat topic/thread' button isn't showing up at the top of my screen. I've opened this site in both Chrome and Firefox, and it's still not there. Anyone know how to create a new thread? I'm curious about Sims 3 and 4, but am not able to create new discussions within those sections.v
    edited January 2017
    Update: I was mistaken slightly - they only use the black/gold outfit for Aerobics if they were already wearing it as an "everyday" outfit (I didn't notice that at first because some of my sims were already wearing it and others weren't) but they switch to the first reward outfit if they are wearing a regular outfit (like a dress, etc) so I'm pretty sure it chooses randomly between the hobby prizes still, just excluding the black/gold quest reward. Still cool, though, if it uses the hobby rewards that way.

@Tara2388 I agree, it was an unfair change for them to expect us to level a hobby to lvl 6 and unlock 7 outfits in 7 days, simultaneously. Without spending LPs it practically takes the whole week just to level up to 6 and get one outfit. To me, it seems like a money grab on their part. I'm disappointed with that fact. But I do like the Health Hub and Aerobics hobby. If we aren't able to complete the hobby prizes, I hope they will bring it back as an event later on (and there's probably a good chance for that). Good luck with the hobby! :smile:
    Post edited by LeiaStyle on
    edited January 2017
    @MusicMeg222 It sounds like you might still be a New Member. They introduced some restrictions and criteria to meet before you can become a full member of the forums because of some trolling problems they had a while ago. Here is a post that explains how to meet the requirements to gain Member status: Member or New Member: Everything You Need to Know. Good luck, you're probably not too far off from reaching it. :smile:
    Post edited by LeiaStyle on