Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the O Fortuna Quest Bugged?

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
edited January 2017 in The Sims Medieval
After asking the advisor if there are any more privileges my wizard was told to go back to the festival. The game says it's gone, and it is. Then nothing else happens. I reverted back to an earlier save and still when sent back to town square nothing else happens. No more quest prompts. :s

ETA: According to walk through my Sim is supposed to be thrown into the stocks? Well, why isn't it happening? Does anyone know if this is quest that should be avoided due to a bug?
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I did "O Fortuna" on my Peteran Priest, and he did get thrown in the Stocks, and then there was something more for him to do to resolve matters, but I don't recall the specifics.

That said, it can take some time for the Constable to be sent to collect your Sim. I think I had a day or so of wandering around just doing my usual Peteran routine of sermonizing, evangelizing, writing with the watcher, studying the watcher, etc. then was arrested.

So maybe see if letting time pass in-game, doing your daily responsibilities, and anything else you need to take care of, gives things time to develop.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Sindocat wrote: »
    I did "O Fortuna" on my Peteran Priest, and he did get thrown in the Stocks, and then there was something more for him to do to resolve matters, but I don't recall the specifics.

That said, it can take some time for the Constable to be sent to collect your Sim. I think I had a day or so of wandering around just doing my usual Peteran routine of sermonizing, evangelizing, writing with the watcher, studying the watcher, etc. then was arrested.

So maybe see if letting time pass in-game, doing your daily responsibilities, and anything else you need to take care of, gives things time to develop.

Thank you. It's been about two days, and plat. status so I was ready for the quest to be over. I know many of the later quests that only appear in the later Ambitions are bugged and hoped this wasn't one of them. I will go back and see how long this takes. Thank you!

ETA: I just thought of something. The constable is the one I beat in the card games. Maybe I glitched the game by doing that? He is still down at the well hanging around though the festival has moved on. I even went right up to him and nothing, lol. Bet I shouldn't have played cards with any of those who were practicing.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    It may have bugged it, yeah. I ran into something similar with "Prelude to a Plague" where an NPC I needed to interview was in the stocks - and not being released for whatever reason.

I had to enable the testing cheats in the game data files, like one does (I followed the directions on Carl's page, except had to track down the game files to my Origin folder since I bought and downloaded through there). Shift+Click on the NPC to get an option to reset them, and the quest could continue as normal.

Sorry for a slow reply - post-holiday travel, then recovery from travel. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Thank you @Sindocat. I may have to cheat this one. If I remember how to do that. I went back and played for four more Sim days and nothing else ever happened. I don't think anything else is going to happen. I went to see the constable and tried to interact with him maybe to jar something lose but it just falls out of queue. He is standing at the pit and can't interact with him as before. I was thinking there might be a trick to this since the quest has remained in platinum for days and my Sim stays pretty happy all those days since there's not much to do that would lower his moodlets. Maybe he can't be locked up and unless he is no longer focused? I don't know. I'm trying to finish (finally) the No Quest for The Weary Ambition again (replaying the game after a years) and it's not working out. :/ (this is one quest I had never played if you can believe it, it just hadn't rolled that way).
  • Options
    Yeah - in your shoes, I'd reset the Constable.

Enabling testing cheats in Medieval means editing a game file. Carl's has all the details. Only difference I had from the process described was having to locate the game installation - on my machine, in my Origin folder, since I bought and installed it from there. Good luck!
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited August 2017
    Cinebar wrote: »
    After asking the advisor if there are any more privileges my wizard was told to go back to the festival. The game says it's gone, and it is. Then nothing else happens. I reverted back to an earlier save and still when sent back to town square nothing else happens. No more quest prompts. :s

ETA: According to walk through my Sim is supposed to be thrown into the stocks? Well, why isn't it happening? Does anyone know if this is quest that should be avoided due to a bug?

Whenever the quests stop prompting, don't save. Go out on Main Menu and back into the game. It helps most of the time.
    Please mark, that the new prompting doesn't come fast all the time. sometimes you need to wait a bit or a night, if the sims you should talk to is supposed to sleep.
    Post edited by Simsister2004 on