Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can alien genetics appear later on?

MeepleepMeepleep Posts: 180 Member
My founders wife is an alien and their only child & heir to the next generation is human, but I'm wondering could his children be an alien even if he or his wife arent?

I know it's possible in real life, (well not aliens, but genetics appearing down the line) so is it possible in the sims?

I think it'd be cool if I could have a re-occurring alien everu few generations or so.

Comments

• duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I would love that and I know it happens with skin and eye color because I've read a lot of legacy stories where the 5th or 6th generation kid gets one of those things from a great great grandparent. Nifty if it can skip a generation and then poke back in later :D
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Yes they can. I had a sim that was half alien (with purple skin) marry a human man. Her two kids came out with the father's human skin and married humans when they aged into young adults. I thought the next children would be human, however the first kid came out with purple skin like his grandma. I wish I took pictures because I deleted the family later on. It's rare but it does happen.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    That's awesome @mika ! I knew it worked with 'normal' genetics. Its good to have confirmation of it working with supernatural dna too :wink:
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.