Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ask to move in

So I wanted my sim to move in with her long time boyfriend. He accepts but on the move in screen, all the sims are grayed out and I can't move any sims in between households. Not sure what could be causing this?

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    The first thing would be to look at the number of sims living in the home you are trying to invite the sim to. Also keep in mind are there any pregnant sims, the unborn baby or babies will also count towards that total number.
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    The first thing would be to look at the number of sims living in the home you are trying to invite the sim to. Also keep in mind are there any pregnant sims, the unborn baby or babies will also count towards that total number.

He's a single sim living on his own. No other sims live with him.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2017
    You haven't by any chance accepted the Free Vacation opportunity? I ask because that's what caused similar moving issues for me once. If all else fails you could move them via edit town maybe? The sim you move that way will lose all opportunities and inventory though.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    You haven't by any chance accepted the Free Vacation opportunity? I ask because that's what caused similar moving issues for me once. If all else fails you could move them via edit town maybe? The sim you move that way will lose all opportunities and inventory though.

Nope, no free vacations. I may have to move her through edit town if the problem still persists when I boot up the game again.

Would I still lose her opportunities and inventory if I have that option turned off in master controller?

(Edited to add that I happened to click on your signature and you take really beautiful in game pictures!)
    Post edited by xitneverendss on
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Thanks :smiley: I in turn love your avatar sim by the way, there's something Cameron Diaz about her.
    As for your question, I don't know. But @igazor undoubtedly will ;) They'll only lose their family inventory by the way, not what they are carrying with them.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    It can't be that the move was invalid in the first place (e.g., too many sims) as then it shouldn't even have been an option to try.

Stuck moving scenario, it's a game bug and quite common really. I would try MasterController Reset Everything on the world, probably. The other way, if it can be managed, is to retreat to Edit Town, evict the entire household to the side of the map, copy the residential lot down to the bin, replace it with a copy, and move everyone back in without having left the screen. If the BF goes missing or is still not part of the household, then MasterController's Add Sim to force him to move in.

But Save (As) first, in case anything goes further wrong with any of the above.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    @JoAnne65 Thank you! Now that you pointed it out, she kind of does :)

@igazor I think I just had a realization and I feel plum now. I was trying to move her into her boyfriends house but you can't do that unless they're married, right? Otherwise I have to go through edit town or something else.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Oh haha, no, that's right, you can't move a sim by phone to a house where other sims are living. Didn't think of that either, you clearly described that :D Well, those are the happiest moments. When you thought Sims 3 glitched/bugged on you but didn't and had a plausible reason :p
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    If the boyfriend asks then your sim can move in without being married. If your sim does the asking then they can move in with her.
  • Options
    @JoAnne65 Hahahaha right? I feel so silly not remembering that lol. Well at least I have good tips now in case I ever really DO get that glitch.

@cwaddell Thanks, yeah I'm just gonna switch to him and have her move in :)