Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires Please come quickly

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    kati77 wrote: »
    I can't wait to have vampires :) While I did play TS2 shortly, I didn't try out any EP:s, so I don't know about vampires there, but one of my favourite sims (if not my favourite) in TS3 was my immortal vampire Alexandra (had her to get to level 10 on a few careers, and go to the university and clone a genie etc.). But if now in TS4 they'll be able to turn into bats, that sounds just really cool (as I didn't experience that with TS2).

But there is one thing I also hope for: to be able to switch off all life states I don't want in a particular game. While I love vampires, and had a lot of fun playing with an alien family in TS4, I also like to have games with only humans in them. So we should really be able to decide, which of our saves have vampires and which don't.

Your signature has the creative side of my brain working. What if you create several of David Bowies personas (Ziggy Stardust for example) as a vampire and they all came from their timeline to this one to help him "cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war" on the sims in your game. Trying to recreate some of his personas could be fun.
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    I hope biting people is a club interaction and that it isn't summed up into vampire powers like aliens.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    Your signature has the creative side of my brain working. What if you create several of David Bowies personas (Ziggy Stardust for example) as a vampire and they all came from their timeline to this one to help him "cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war" on the sims in your game. Trying to recreate some of his personas could be fun.

That might be fun, if I was better at making my sims look like some actual person. I tried to make Thomas Jerome Newton (Bowie's character in The Man who Fell to Earth), because I was able to make him an alien with a disguise, just like he is in the movie. But the result never really looked enough like him :(

01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    vessme wrote: »
    I'm loving the idea of vampires being added to the Sims 4! I've longed to have them from the beginning. I got my hopes up when the stuff pack for Halloween came out, but alas it wasn't time for the vampires to emerge back then. I'm excited that it may be happening soon! I just hope they have some of the features from the sims 2. They were my favorite vampires. I liked the coffins in the Sims 2 also.

I'm not too much into Supernaturals but one thing that excites me about the vampire gp is it will have a new scary music radio station. That's a format we don't have in TS4 yet. If I was the gurus though I'd stick it under the spooky station rather then create a new goth station. That's just me though.

Hi CLP. The pack is also supposed to have bowling. Vampire love at the bowling alley!
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    I can't wait to have vampires :) While I did play TS2 shortly, I didn't try out any EP:s, so I don't know about vampires there, but one of my favourite sims (if not my favourite) in TS3 was my immortal vampire Alexandra (had her to get to level 10 on a few careers, and go to the university and clone a genie etc.). But if now in TS4 they'll be able to turn into bats, that sounds just really cool (as I didn't experience that with TS2).

But there is one thing I also hope for: to be able to switch off all life states I don't want in a particular game. While I love vampires, and had a lot of fun playing with an alien family in TS4, I also like to have games with only humans in them. So we should really be able to decide, which of our saves have vampires and which don't.

@kati77 - apologies for the OT but I <3 your sig so very much. May he rest well!

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I'm loving the idea of vampires being added to the Sims 4! I've longed to have them from the beginning. I got my hopes up when the stuff pack for Halloween came out, but alas it wasn't time for the vampires to emerge back then. I'm excited that it may be happening soon! I just hope they have some of the features from the sims 2. They were my favorite vampires. I liked the coffins in the Sims 2 also.

I'm not too much into Supernaturals but one thing that excites me about the vampire gp is it will have a new scary music radio station. That's a format we don't have in TS4 yet. If I was the gurus though I'd stick it under the spooky station rather then create a new goth station. That's just me though.

Hi CLP. The pack is also supposed to have bowling. Vampire love at the bowling alley!

The bowling is another pack (SP), separate from the vampire pack (GP) :)
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »

The bowling is another pack (SP), separate from the vampire pack (GP) :)

Thanks. For some reason I thought they were coming together.

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

That might be fun, if I was better at making my sims look like some actual person. I tried to make Thomas Jerome Newton (Bowie's character in The Man who Fell to Earth), because I was able to make him an alien with a disguise, just like he is in the movie. But the result never really looked enough like him :(

I've tried remaking sims to look like a famous person and it doesn't always turn out the way I want it to. I like creating TV or movie characters. I try to get the looks as close as I can and add the personality in to make up the difference. Both combined have come very close most of the time. For me, the more they "act" like the person, the more they "become" that person in my game.

You do have a cheat in that you only need one face structure for all the versions to use. Each one would have a different look and personality but the same face structure would be the same.