Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'd like a Traits/Personality GP or EP

dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
edited December 2016 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Sims 4 traits seem limited to me. They’re more like perk points, effecting only skilling and emotions, not personality (Their main purpose).
Genius sims get focused more often, which helps them skill, but any sim can get focused, so where’s the individuality? The few interactions they do have are repeated animations. Even the traits that some-what effect gameplay (Klepto, Jealous, Insane, Evil) have only one defining action, an evil laugh, or the ability to steal (that’s why these are my favourite traits) but it isn’t enough.

Traits need a re-vamp.
We should be able to observe a group of sims, without playing them and noticeably see which sim has what trait. There should be multiple actions or kooks that a sim has, to make their traits known. For example, clumsy sims should crash into furniture or walls, trip over, and drop things. I know I’d be so much more invested and amused if all the sims acted in their own individual ways to match their trait, and you could see them doing it.

This, however, is something we should already have, given this is the fourth Sims game and it should be trumping its predecessors, but manages to do a worse job. I imagine some fans would be annoyed if this came in a pack and not a free update. So, instead they could incorporate some other things and make it worth the £20/£40:
-The return of Turn on and offs
And/or Wants and Fears.
-Zodiac signs.
-Another trait-slot, so we’re not restricted to three.
-New traits that wouldn’t fit into future packs.
-More walk styles.
At least for what we have so far, we want toddlers/Pets/Seasons, but this could make the game, at a base level, so much more inspired and interesting. It should aim to beat all the previous installations and make the most individual sims; if a whole pack is dedicated to it; I very much believe it could be done, although it would be difficult.
But I’d love to hear your opinion?

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    I think they would be great in a free update, bacause Turn ons and offs only needed The Sims 2 Nightlife version (Didn't need expansion pack) and so did zodiac signs in The Sims 3.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    edited January 2017
    Great ideas! I think this would work better incorporated into a bigger pack. Seasons would be a good one to add Zodiac signs for, for example. In TS2 Seasons was sort of a catch-all for loads of immersion-deepening features that had little to do with seasons. For example, we got six careers - Adventurer, Education, Gamer, Journalism, Law, and Music. Adventurer is the only one of those that's really on the theme. Since we already have a lot of features from previous iterations of Seasons (Fishing and Gardening from TS2, and Festivals from TS3) there is room to put in something like this that enriches the game.
    Post edited by Terra on
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    I think they would be great in a free update, bacause Turn ons and offs only needed The Sims 2 Nightlife version (Didn't need expansion pack) and so did zodiac signs in The Sims 3.
    I'd be very happy if they came in an update too, but it seems EA/Maxis needs a lot of motivation (i.e money) to revise something already in-game. They did give us gender options in a free update, which was brilliant, so there's still hope; but, if they were going to release this stuff in an EP or nothing, I'd rather pay for it and have it; than not have it at all.
    Terra wrote: »
    Great ideas! I think this would work better incorporated into a bigger pack. Seasons would be a good one to add Zodiac signs for, for example.
    Seasons would be a great place to put Zodiac signs, being that they're all about the months of the year etc.