Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Arcology World?

Does anyone know of a world that would work well as an arcology?
I think the closest I've found might be http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=555083
But I was also considering maybe something by @Rflong7

Anyone else have thoughts or ideas? I know its been some time since arcologies have been mentioned on the forums.

Comments

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I've played that world. It's quite good, and I downloaded it precisely for what you're suggesting.

Rflong once made an "artifical island settlement" under domes, and it was one of my favourites back in the day. I don't think it's compatible with TS3 as it is now though. Her Industrial Island might work though, if you don't mind a more grungy look.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    I think the one you are talking about is called something like Research Dome Island I don't recall, it was one of the first ones I thought of, though I didn't see it when I looked briefly earlier. Perhaps thats one thats on the exchange, I usually just check her blog when I want to redownload a world.
    Perhaps I'll see how Simmington looks with an Arcology themed makeover. How did that go for you?
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    SimKeats wrote: »
    I think the one you are talking about is called something like Research Dome Island I don't recall, it was one of the first ones I thought of, though I didn't see it when I looked briefly earlier. Perhaps thats one thats on the exchange, I usually just check her blog when I want to redownload a world.
    Perhaps I'll see how Simmington looks with an Arcology themed makeover. How did that go for you?

Dome Research Island is under her Rflong7 account: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8442595

I've never used it, but it seems interesting.
    Yeah, if I recall correctly, last time I tried using it I had an issue with some of the domes being there among other things, but it was probably like a year ago that I last tried it.
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    SimKeats wrote: »
    Yeah, if I recall correctly, last time I tried using it I had an issue with some of the domes being there among other things, but it was probably like a year ago that I last tried it.

I installed it earlier and had a look in Edit Town. Some of the dome weren't visible initially, but they popped up once I went into build/buy mode on those lots. They stayed visible while I was checking out the world. I didn't actually play and haven't reloaded the save to see if they were still problematic. If I ever play that world I'll probably delete the domes. They look great but I don't think I could play at lot under a dome. I think it would constantly annoy me.
    I deleted all the current buildings as I thought it unnecessary to have four or five bars on the island, and other buildings I felt weren't really needed. I started building it up from scratch, but became bored after a while, before I even got to play.
    I never do settle to one thing for very long, so the save just sat there until I trashed it in one of my housecleaning moments.

I still have the world, and it IS really fitting. The ITF buildings are way too big for some of the lots, which is a shame, but the things like the plant mats, to grow things, and stuff would be really interesting to use.
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    I was thinking I might use the Lunar Lakes rabbit holes. Maybe use ITF rugs too, but I might try to squeeze in some ITF buildings somehow. I especially like the Observatory.
    It's a shame that ITF didn't include a full set of rabbitholes really, in the Oasis Landing style. They actually look quite elegant with their sweeping designs - just saddening that they're so massive.
    The bistro from lucky palms might look good in there too.
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    I ♡ Pudding
    I kind of want to try using Industrial Island, but I dont think I could fit any of the ITF rabbit holes there at all. I know its easy to add "island" lots is there a way to add the concrete retaining wall around the edge of the lots like the little island houses in Oasis Landing?
    I don't know to be honest. I do know that a couple of people have actually converted Oasis Landing into a playable world, if that might interest you?
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    I ♡ Pudding
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    I'm pretty sure that this isn't possible in normal build mode, because the walls are outside of the lots.