Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Year Resolution

Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
I am about to reinstall TS3. My experiment to see if I liked TS4 any better second time round has come to an end. This has made me do some serious thinking and to make a new year's resolution to play the sims game which makes me happiest. You could say it is a case of Carpe Diem :) Personally I think I am missing my sims families and my two projects.

I would be interested to know if anyone else has made a new year resolution about their game. Perhaps to create a new family or try to become a better builder or story teller. Whatever it is I hope it makes you happy throughout the coming year.

Wishing everyone a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous simming New Year.
I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita

Comments

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I did the same with the sims 3, the trouble is I now have to force myself to play the sims 4.

My New Years resolution as far as the game goes is to play the sims version I want to play rather than the one I feel I should play. This ties into my blog where I write sim stories. It's on hiatus because I'm struggling to further my sims 4 story. I'm just feeling like I can't move the story on how I want to as I'm hitting in game walls. Maybe I should write with the sims 2 or 3 in mind.

Have a great New Year when it comes!
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    I did the same with the sims 3, the trouble is I now have to force myself to play the sims 4.

My New Years resolution as far as the game goes is to play the sims version I want to play rather than the one I feel I should play. This ties into my blog where I write sim stories. It's on hiatus because I'm struggling to further my sims 4 story. I'm just feeling like I can't move the story on how I want to as I'm hitting in game walls. Maybe I should write with the sims 2 or 3 in mind.

Have a great New Year when it comes!

Definitely do what makes you happiest and allows you to be creative with your story telling :) who know with the pressure off to produce stories using TS4 you might enjoy the game more.

I realise I am premature with my post but New Year's Eve is going to be busy. I hope you can get your blog back on track in 2017.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.

Sim enim est vita
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    My new year's resolution is to share more. With the previous versions I spent as much time taking pics and sharing as I did playing. With Sims 4 I've been so caught up in the game that I've neglected to take and post pics.
  • marie29marie29 Posts: 200 Member
    As far as the game New Years resolution I really don't have one but maybe finish couple of the game challenge's I have started. Sims 3 was not my favorite but it did have toddlers. I like the sims 4 but miss some stuff that was in the last. Hope you have better fun with the series you like. Hope you have a wonderful new year.
  • justdancerebeccajustdancerebecca Posts: 1,334 Member
    edited December 2016
    My resolution is to completely stop my use of mood cheats...I enjoy the game a lot more when I don't use them. The reason I use them so much is because I stress out over their moods (which to me have to be perfect :/ )and all I need is for a game to add to my anxiety. lmao

but yeah, that would have to be it.
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I quit doing New Years Resolutions a while back, because I never stuck with them.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    My new year's resolution is to release all the cc I've created. I've got about 20 bits of cc I haven't released because I've been too lazy to upload them to modthesims.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I will play ts2 more now that I got the sims super collection. Wish I could play sims 3 but my laptop struggles !
    My new year's resolution is to share more. With the previous versions I spent as much time taking pics and sharing as I did playing. With Sims 4 I've been so caught up in the game that I've neglected to take and post pics.

Always good to share :)

Sim enim est vita
    marie29 wrote: »
    As far as the game New Years resolution I really don't have one but maybe finish couple of the game challenge's I have started. Sims 3 was not my favorite but it did have toddlers. I like the sims 4 but miss some stuff that was in the last. Hope you have better fun with the series you like. Hope you have a wonderful new year.

Good Luck with the challenges :)

Sim enim est vita
    My resolution is to completely stop my use of mood cheats...I enjoy the game a lot more when I don't use them. The reason I use them so much is because I stress out over their moods (which to me have to be perfect :/ )and all I need is for a game to add to my anxiety. lmao

but yeah, that would have to be it.

Your stress is understandable. In TS2 you really had to pay attention to their moods or else they were totally unco-operative. I did not realise there were so many mood cheats in TS4 though. My favourite was sending my writer sim off for a bath when she got very tense. She also liked dancing so she was sent to the nightclub even when she was in a grotty mood :)

Sim enim est vita
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I quit doing New Years Resolutions a while back, because I never stuck with them.

Sensible :) I tend to stick with things that are achievable which probably counts as cheating :)

Sim enim est vita
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    My new year's resolution is to release all the cc I've created. I've got about 20 bits of cc I haven't released because I've been too lazy to upload them to modthesims.

Great :) Utmost respect for anyone who can create cc.

Sim enim est vita
    jimbbq wrote: »
    I will play ts2 more now that I got the sims super collection. Wish I could play sims 3 but my laptop struggles !

Enjoy TS2 :) I once fried a laptop trying to play TS3 so I learnt the hard way the game needs a computer with plenty of welly under the bonnet :) coffee break over, back to the cleaning and tidying.

Sim enim est vita
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Thanks. I am enjoying ts2. In fact I enjoy it so much thay I feel bad for ts4!