Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim keeps having twins and triplets!

My soon to be heir has 7 kids but she has only been pregnant 3 times!

Two sets of twins, plus triplets

When she gave birth to her second set of twins I had to have her move back into the original legacy home (I moved her into a apartment for a little bit) but then she had twins again (not an on key line property either)

So I moved her back into the legacy home. She got pregnant again, and boom, triplets!

The legacy home isn't on key line either, (for someone without city living on key line is a property trait where you're most likely to conceive twins than not)

She doesn't have the fertile trait either.

Anyone have an explanation?

(PS I have a full house mod so my lot can hold 25 sims. And she's pregnant again so wish my luck.

Maybe I could do the 100 baby challenge but with just her and her husband.... and in a legacy? Lol)

Comments

• CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    That's so fun! Sounds really messy and difficult but fun! Oh the storyline possibilities!
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
  • meggera007meggera007 Posts: 382 Member
    Oh wow, I haven't had a set of twins or triplets in my game ever.. So that definitely sounds like fun, but difficult at the same time lol. And good luck with your Sims current pregnancy. Definitely come back and update this thread when she gives birth, I'm interested to see if she'll have a singleton or another set of multiples.
  • knt1229knt1229 Posts: 2,227 Member
    My sim and her hubby lived in a city living apartment that was on ley line. She was preggo with a single birth when they moved in. Then, she had triplets, next she had twins for a total of 6 kids. As for your situation, sometimes, the game does what it does and it is what it is.
  • MeepleepMeepleep Posts: 180 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    Does your sim watch the kids tv channel? Doing that increases the chance that there are multiple births.

No, never

That's so fun! Sounds really messy and difficult but fun! Oh the storyline possibilities!

It's fun, but she just had triplets again so 10 kids :(
    meggera007 wrote: »
    Oh wow, I haven't had a set of twins or triplets in my game ever.. So that definitely sounds like fun, but difficult at the same time lol. And good luck with your Sims current pregnancy. Definitely come back and update this thread when she gives birth, I'm interested to see if she'll have a singleton or another set of multiples.

Never once?

She had triplets again. All girls. 10 kids!

Thankyou for letting us know about the birth of the triplets! :)
    Mods/cc that you have in your game may perhaps be causing this to occur.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Maybe it's a random genetics chance thing, and twins/trips run in one/both parents families. I don't know if such a thing exists in game, but it does IRL.
  • meggera007meggera007 Posts: 382 Member
    Meepleep wrote: »
    Never once?

Nope, not even once. It's actually pretty sad, because I loved it when my couples in Sims 3 would have twins. However, I did put one couple I recently created in a house in San Myshuno that has the "On Ley Line" trait, so maybe that'll help them out when they are ready to start a family.

And congratulations on your new triplets! I bet that is a ton of work with all of those kids. If you can, you should try and get a screenshot of the family, lol.

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    This sounds like some kind of horror story >.>
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • mistwolf7mistwolf7 Posts: 78 Member
    I've been having the opposite problem. I wanted my sim to have multiples so bad. I gave her and her husband the fertile trait, she got a fertility massage, she had been watching the kids channel, and I had the ley line lot trait. And I got 2 single births in a row. Well, the first was a single and when I found out the 2nd was going to be a single birth, I cheated to regenerate the pregnancy and then I got triplets.
    Thankyou for letting us know about the birth of the triplets! :)
    Mods/cc that you have in your game may perhaps be causing this to occur.

I doubt it. Her mother just has 4 kids, all singles, also her sister just had a single.

I haven't gotten a new mod in a while either.

Thanks for the thought though!
    Never once?

Nope, not even once. It's actually pretty sad, because I loved it when my couples in Sims 3 would have twins. However, I did put one couple I recently created in a house in San Myshuno that has the "On Ley Line" trait, so maybe that'll help them out when they are ready to start a family.

And congratulations on your new triplets! I bet that is a ton of work with all of those kids. If you can, you should try and get a screenshot of the family, lol.

Thank you!

And I moved 4 of the kids out lol, but I'll get them together!

How do I post s picture?

Never once?

Thank you!

And I moved 4 of the kids out lol, but I'll get them together!

How do I post s picture?

Hello
    To post pictures on the forums, upload your screenshot pictures to a photo sharing site such as imgur or tinypic . Right click the picture on the photo sharing website , and click copy , or copy the image code address . The picture button is the button with the little file picture on it above the forum post. Press the picture button above your post , paste the image address into the box, then press the enter button. Then the image address will be in your post ready to appear when posting your post. Make sure that the file ends in .jpg, or .png.
    Another way to post the picture is to type [img][/img] in the post and put the image code address from the picture sharing site in between them.
    My soon to be heir has 7 kids but she has only been pregnant 3 times!

Two sets of twins, plus triplets

When she gave birth to her second set of twins I had to have her move back into the original legacy home (I moved her into a apartment for a little bit) but then she had twins again (not an on key line property either)

So I moved her back into the legacy home. She got pregnant again, and boom, triplets!

The legacy home isn't on key line either, (for someone without city living on key line is a property trait where you're most likely to conceive twins than not)

She doesn't have the fertile trait either.

Anyone have an explanation?

(PS I have a full house mod so my lot can hold 25 sims. And she's pregnant again so wish my luck.

Maybe I could do the 100 baby challenge but with just her and her husband.... and in a legacy? Lol)
    Hello
    Does your sim watch the kids tv channel? Doing that increases the chance that there are multiple births.
    knt1229 wrote: »
    My sim and her hubby lived in a city living apartment that was on ley line. She was preggo with a single birth when they moved in. Then, she had triplets, next she had twins for a total of 6 kids. As for your situation, sometimes, the game does what it does and it is what it is.
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Maybe it's a random genetics chance thing, and twins/trips run in one/both parents families. I don't know if such a thing exists in game, but it does IRL.
    mistwolf7 wrote: »
    I've been having the opposite problem. I wanted my sim to have multiples so bad. I gave her and her husband the fertile trait, she got a fertility massage, she had been watching the kids channel, and I had the ley line lot trait. And I got 2 single births in a row. Well, the first was a single and when I found out the 2nd was going to be a single birth, I cheated to regenerate the pregnancy and then I got triplets.

Sorry to bother you all but I just figured I say we finally had a single baby!

Kid #11...
    edited December 2016