Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wind instruments, please?

So we've got the piano, the violin and the guitar. Why not add one or two wind instruments to the game? The selection is near endless, there's flutes and clarinets, trumpets and saxophones as well as the more exotic tuba or pan flute. Lots of instruments to choose from and correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think we've ever had them in any sims game before. This could be the perfect opportunity to bring something unique to the Sims 4. Maybe a game pack could add them together with the option to have sims play instruments and sing in an orchestra / band if the instruments and the microphone are placed in close proximity to each other. Sims could form bands again or jam together like in Sims 3, I really liked that aspect of the game. Add objects like music stands and instrument cases as well as maybe an opera house venue type and you've got a musically themed game pack.

What do you guys think?
CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
Taking a break from the sims for a while!

Comments

• griffin1842griffin1842 Posts: 255 Member
    There was a saxophone player in sims 1 in old town. I think that would be a good instrument to add to 4.
  • aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited December 2016
    Absolutely... a music/performance game pack would be stunning. Otherwise, I think a flute would be a great idea... and bring back the drums! :D
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    I really want saxophones most of all, but I'd also enjoy clarinets and flutes too. You're right, we've never had any wind instruments in Sims games and it's about time they added a few!
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,077 Member
    I think this would be a cool idea for the sims 4 or any sims game! I can imagine my sim sitting outside on a balcony attached to their city apartment, surrounded by hanging plants and sunshine practicing the flute while people and traffic pass by. This along with being able to join a band, or symphony and actually compose music, would be new and exciting gameplay for the Sims 4.
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    I would love this in my game
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    Yes, this would be amazing! I would love for them to add tons of Wind instruments - maybe under one 'Wind' category so that as you progress you can also unlock more advanced new instruments. (In my school band, for example, you had to play clarinet for at least a year before they let you move onto saxophone.)
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    on the subject of more instruments, I don't know about you but I'd lol so hard at a sim trying to play level 1 euphonium.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I love it please do it ea
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    Erica87 wrote:
    WIND INSTRUMENTS, PLEASE?

I thought slobbish Sims in TS4 already had a wind instrument... Just don't make them play any lengthy tunes on it.
    raw
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I just want drums. :(
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    More types of instrument, either wind or percussions, would be great !
  • Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    Glad you guys like the idea :) Drums would be awesome as well!
  • dg51829dg51829 Posts: 300 Member
    I would love to have trumpets and saxophones. I'd also like to have the cello back. And the ability to make a band, even make it an interactive career like the Get to Work careers. Like being able to have a garage to practice to start then move up to a studio than a private pad that band members can stay if they want (not a full time house in case you want your sim to have a family and stuff) where they can also record music in a studio at the pad.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    dg51829 wrote: »
    I would love to have trumpets and saxophones. I'd also like to have the cello back. And the ability to make a band, even make it an interactive career like the Get to Work careers. Like being able to have a garage to practice to start then move up to a studio than a private pad that band members can stay if they want (not a full time house in case you want your sim to have a family and stuff) where they can also record music in a studio at the pad.

I like that idea
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Hobbitmama75Hobbitmama75 Posts: 75 Member
    I've always wanted a 'cello as I'm a 'cellist, and wish they'd bring back the other hobby skills, like sewing, (which I think was in 2?), but I just think if we can't even have toddlers, they're not going to invest in giving us more instruments and hobbies.
  • Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    Cellos would indeed be a great addition as well! It seems like we can all agree that more instruments are needed :smiley: And just because EA doesn't give us toddlers (I'd love to have them but I think at this point we just have to be patient) doesn't mean we can't get stuff like instruments and sewing (which I'd also love to have). I definitely agree that we need more hobbies in general but I think wind instruments would be a good place to start :smile: