Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

starting a new channel any tips to help me out?

hello so i will be starting a channel and i need some help! so what should i name my channel first i was thinking of void sims or vortex simmer are these good names of you have some to suggest feel free to tell me! and what recording application should i use? i need a good one and a easy one and for light editing is there any good and easy to learn ones? thx for you help guys in advance!

Comments

• Options
    BabyDollOriginBabyDollOrigin Posts: 71 Member
    I use movie maker for editing videos (its free& super easy to use.) Void Sims is interesting name!
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Hi, there! For naming, I think it's less important to others than to yourself, others will care more about content. But a name that stands out will be good, both your ideas seems easy to remember. Choose one you like and that will suit the purpose of your channel in the long run.

For software, I use OBS Studio for recording and Filmora for editing. I'm very pleased with both, but my computer is not very advanced, and I'm not going for top graphics and high res stuff. I'm just glad it all works. I find both programs easy to use once finding the routine.

Good luck!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    anneloes740anneloes740 Posts: 171 Member
    I use OBS Studio for recording and find it very easy to use. There are also many tutorials on youtube on how to set it up for your sims game. For editing right now I'm using movie maker :D
  • Options
    MellowMellow Posts: 138 Member
    Hello, I'm using OBS for recording , Audacity to record my voice aaand for editing I use hitfilm 4 express( free and easy tu use).
    21mc6e0.jpg
    My youtube channel with all my Sim paintings and CAS , speed builds HERE!
  • Options
    Scott_PlaysScott_Plays Posts: 15 New Member
    Hi there,

Well I can't choose your name for you. My channels name is "Scott_Plays". Why it's simple (people can remember it easily), the undeline gives it a little bit of uniqueness and it explains in two short words whats going on. My name is Scott and I play videogames. It's also very open, allowing me to play all sorts of games, while a name like "Scott the Simmer" would kinda limit me to only Sims content. If you are alright with only playing one sort of game or gameseries, I say go for a name like that. If you might think about playing other stuff however try finding something more open.

Enough about names. What to use to record and edit.

I can only agree on what everyone said before me. Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) is fantastic, as it's free, easy to use and if you really feel like it you can also stream with it. I would record game audio and your voice seperatly. It gives you a lot more options to edit and tweak bits that you might not want in your videos (like backround noise in your microphone recording). I as well use Audacity for that. There are also a lot of tutorials how to optimise your voiceover/commentary on Youtube. To edit I use Magix Movie Edit Pro 2014. It's easy to learn giving you a bunch of editing options. However you pay about 70$. You saying "light editing" leaves me to believe that Windows Movie Maker will be enough. It's simple, easy to learn and saves you 70$.

I hope the knowledge I gained over the last two years is going to help you!

Cheers Lad and good luck with your channel!