Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bonuses For Stuff packs

When a Stuff Pack was first released, EA generally offered some sort of Bonus Content if you bought the SP right away. Well, I didn't, but now I am slowly adding to my collection of SPs - and I was wondering if there was any way of getting the Bonus Content this late in the game. I'm especially interested about the Set Dressing stuff that was offered with the 'Movie Stuff' Pack. Another set that was offered was an 'ice loiunge', but I'm not sure what it was tied to.

Does anyone know any way of getting these bonuses?

Comments

• Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited December 2016
    Hi, @Schweighsr !
    I wish too complete all store content released - and I wanna even buy it, but obtain those items isn't for me more legally possible. I'm loosing hope, that EA will even to release this all content, for what we have had signed numerous petitions in all those past years.
    We were speaking, but no-one was hearing us.
    I haven't never received BithdaySet (replaced with badge "Thanks for sticking with us for 4 years." or I wonder I was never born ;) ), I haven't never got chance to get legally DrPepper items, Telecom items, Tell-A-Friend sets, and as You - preorders and limited editions sets. And what about older Simpoints rewards (replaced with Store badges?)?
    I know, that many people would like to pay for those items, but I doubt, there is someone who is interested about customer's wishes - I've not seen all this effort in those years.
    Have a marvelous 3-Simming and I wish You all the best! ;)
    Edit to add: The Deep Freeze Ice Lounge goes with Seasons Limited edition
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    As far as I know, the Stuff Packs did not come with any extra content unless bought through Origin; this was not for buying early, but to incentivise using Origin (and is still available, although only the later SPs have bonuses, I believe). This means that, to get the set dressing (for Movie Stuff), pinball machine (for 70s, 80s and 90s Stuff) or other items legally, you need to re-buy the SPs on Origin or obtain unused codes from other Simmers who have bought them through Origin. I bought all my packs on disc a long time ago, but have been fortunate enough to gather most/all of the codes in giveaways and by buying Premium Content items for Simmers who don't care about the code items.

As for the Ice Lounge, Bily is right in that it is part of the Seasons Limited Edition. The EPs are different from the SPs as they generally have three sets of bonus content: 1) the freebie items you get for registering the EP to the Store, 2) the Limited Edition version items and 3) the Origin bonuses. To get 2 or 3, you would need to re-buy the packs or arrange a deal with someone who has unused codes for those bonuses.

Sorry I couldn't bring better news. I think many of us are desperate for those limited items to be made available in the Store for SimPoints!
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    Oh, well, I had hoped I could get them, but I'm not surprised that I can't. If anyone has any free codes for the extra stuff that they would like to give away, or even trade for stuff from the Store (I have a ton of left over points and I own the Store), I'd appreciate it.