Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need to change townie names

So many of my townies have the same name and I want to change them. Is there an easy way to do this without mods? The only way I know of is 'Cas.fulleditmode on' Is there any other way without having to take them all to cas. ?
Laugh out loud. Often

Comments

• NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    You no longer need the cheat code. You could put all into the same household if you want to cut down on the number of loading screens into CAS.
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    okay thanks, I really just want to keep them in seperate households as many of them have single children and siblings.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • hannaaj22hannaaj22 Posts: 685 Member
    Hi,
    I dont think there's another way to change the townies' names apart from in game: manage worlds > manage households > edit household and then changing the names manually. You don't need a cheat to do this, as stated above. However you will need to go through loading screens for each household which is annoying but mine don't take too much time in and out of CAS so hopefully it isn't too much of an issue.

Maybe someone else can be of more help but I'm not aware of another way to do this. Happy simming :smile:
    Leon Family Tree
    Origin ID: hannaaj22
    Yes I'm just doing it manually as I see sims with the same name. I don't know what's wrong with the name generator but there are so many sims with the same first names and the same last names as other townies. I'm really starting to get confused.
    Thank you @hannaaj22 and @Neia for your response.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Frn0731 wrote: »
    Yes I'm just doing it manually as I see sims with the same name. I don't know what's wrong with the name generator but there are so many sims with the same first names and the same last names as other townies. I'm really starting to get confused.
    Thank you @hannaaj22 and @Neia for your response.

I've noticed that since CL as well. I've even got a father-and-son household generated with identical names.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    @luthienrising , Weird and confusing isn't it? And on top of that they are all names I don't know how to pronounce. Plus even sims that are obviously western European have Asian names.
    Laugh out loud. Often