Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Deleting all of my CC

MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
edited December 2016 in General Mods Discussion
So i've realised I have a cc addiction. I just can't stop downloading it and my mods folder now has 804 pieces of CC in it. So I am going to delete all of my cc and see how well my game runs and what cc and see what mods I actually need. To all the fellow cc lovers out there, wish me good luck. :s

Comments

• Options
    Bummmmp.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    Much luck to you. I never really got into cc back in Sims2 (beyond 2 or 3 hairstyles), nor did I have anything to do with mods at that time. Boolprop alone scared the beejeebies out of me. LOL

Come Sims3, I needed a whole host of mods, just to make the game playable. NRaas Industries saved my game. Many, many thanks to Twallen and his genius!

As for Sims4, I do have MC Command Center mod(s). I have some natural looking eye colors and that's about it.

But, if you're experiencing a problem with overall game function, you're doing the right thing.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Oh man, I feel you. I've limited my CC in TS4 to a few things in CAS and some annoyance fixing mods because my CC folder for TS2 is so massive. I really need to cut it back, but going through that thing would be an absolute nightmare.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited December 2016
    I hope you'll post the results. I have never had that much CC. I had only a few and after deleting all of them my game still acts like there is CC :'(
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    ReflectedLightReflectedLight Posts: 425 Member
    When I download something I take a screen cap of the picture (snip tool - I don't want the entire screen) then save the image using the "package file name .jpg". Then I go through images once in a while and if it's something I know I don't use or I don't like I can find the exact package file by looking at file name of image, and delete the package with the same name and then delete the image file with it.

Was always a pet peeve of mine that I could not figure out which package file went with each in game item so I'd be forced to keep cc in game I didn't want.
  • Options
    So I opened my game and it was literally 5x faster, it was amazing. I do have some cc that I need but I will be limiting it from now on. I suggest trying it if your game is laggy.
  • Options
    When I download something I take a screen cap of the picture (snip tool - I don't want the entire screen) then save the image using the "package file name .jpg". Then I go through images once in a while and if it's something I know I don't use or I don't like I can find the exact package file by looking at file name of image, and delete the package with the same name and then delete the image file with it.

Was always a pet peeve of mine that I could not figure out which package file went with each in game item so I'd be forced to keep cc in game I didn't want.

Will be using this in the future.
  • Options
    lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    Glad for you. I just did the same thing today and guess what, I didnt know I had so much of it 4,040 items of cc. That was just too much. Only thing Im gonna use now is MCC .
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member

What I did to prevent that was (and still is):
    I have a list with all sources, creators, (if existing) mod ID and names of my CC and mods, so I can always see in-game which CC I don't need and then look for it in my list. Most package files have the creator's name in them, so that makes it easier for me to find it. And since I started making folders to group CC in Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 4/Mods together I can find it even quicker.
    And another bonus is that whenever someone asks "hey, what CC is that?" I should be able to tell them.
  • Options
    lovlyb wrote: »
    Glad for you. I just did the same thing today and guess what, I didnt know I had so much of it 4,040 items of cc. That was just too much. Only thing Im gonna use now is MCC .

Thanks @lovlyb but 🐸🐸🐸🐸! And I thought I had a lot of cc!
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    It seems like it would be easy to collect tons of cc. I currently only have the all beds the same mod.
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    edited December 2016
    Oh gosh, I could never live without my CC and mods. They're like children to me.

Though I might have to clean out my CC and modify a few. I have like 3 hideous facial hairs that I downloaded and the game always generates sims with that facial hair, and then I downloaded some underwear/swimwear that wasn't classified properly that sims keep wearing as part of their everyday wear.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    So i've realised I have a cc addiction. I just can't stop downloading it and my mods folder now has 804 pieces of CC in it. So I am going to delete all of my cc and see how well my game runs and what cc and see what mods I actually need. To all the fellow cc lovers out there, wish me good luck. :s

I have that in folders just to keep my CC organized. That isn't including mods which I only have a small handful of not counting any that are to fix glitches.

Good luck though!!! I went to clean out my CC and cut it down to just under 6000 files, before it was close to 30,000 files between objects and CAS items.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    jennihopejennihope Posts: 321 Member
    CC is love, CC is life.
    follow my simblr: https://beautesims.tumblr.com/ <-- still under construction
    origin id: jennihope
  • Options
    awareaware Posts: 16 Member
    Does CC make the game lag?
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    edited December 2016
    aware wrote: »
    Does CC make the game lag?

It depends on the specs of your computer, but yes it potentially can depending on the amount you have and your specs. TS3 lags on my desktop, moved it all over to my laptop and no lag. TS4 hasn't lagged yet for me and the most CC I had was 30,000 and I do not have a high end laptop.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    I actually just did this before I came and found this thread. I did it recently but then switched computers and somehow got caught up in downloading CC again. It really is an addiction.

I haven't managed to go completely vanilla. I have a couple of mods I don't think I could live without at this point (MCCommand Center, UI Extensions, More Columns in CAS). In the CC I couldn't let go I have a pair of cute elf ears, some default replacements (Eyes, a Fix for that long Beard so that it's the same color as the hair, and a replacement for the Urns/Tombstones), some skin details (Freckles/Moles, Eyelashes), and some bed frames and mattresses.

Now comes the fun part of going into my game and cleaning up all the stuff that's now been deleted. Thankfully the only save I'm currently playing is my Bunker Challenge so I can slowly go through and fix up the townies since it'll be a while before any of my sims go topside and run into anyone.

Here's to hoping I last longer then a day before I start replacing it all again.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Much luck to you. I never really got into cc back in Sims2 (beyond 2 or 3 hairstyles), nor did I have anything to do with mods at that time. Boolprop alone scared the beejeebies out of me. LOL

Come Sims3, I needed a whole host of mods, just to make the game playable. NRaas Industries saved my game. Many, many thanks to Twallen and his genius!

As for Sims4, I do have MC Command Center mod(s). I have some natural looking eye colors and that's about it.

But, if you're experiencing a problem with overall game function, you're doing the right thing.

I am just the opposite - I could not stand not to have tons of CC in Sims 2, but absolutely none in Sims 3 or 4. Sims 3 has everything - I own the store, all eps and sps - so definitely do not need CC. Sims 4 I don't play it much yet as it doesn't hold my interest very long - hopefully getting Vamps will change that - but so far no CC or mods - no point. LOL. But Sims 2 has about 8 and a half gigs of CC. No mods - in any of the Sims.

I have no issues with mods - I just never have needed them really.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

I am just the opposite - I could not stand not to have tons of CC in Sims 2, but absolutely none in Sims 3 or 4. Sims 3 has everything - I own the store, all eps and sps - so definitely do not need CC. Sims 4 I don't play it much yet as it doesn't hold my interest very long - hopefully getting Vamps will change that - but so far no CC or mods - no point. LOL. But Sims 2 has about 8 and a half gigs of CC. No mods - in any of the Sims.

I have no issues with mods - I just never have needed them really.

8 1/2 gigs? Holy cow! There are games that are coming out using smaller space.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I've read that if you get rid of anything but plain letters and numbers in filenames, it can reduce lag.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    I've read that if you get rid of anything but plain letters and numbers in filenames, it can reduce lag.

Yeah, did that earlier this year, worked miracles on my overall performance.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    cc and mods were what made me get a new computer earlier this year. There were a lot of reasons to, but the one that finally made me do it was to be able to play Sims 2 fully loaded with cc. I mailordered a custom build, because "Hello, I need the best gaming rig you have so I can play my 10 year old sims game" would have sounded a bit strange in a store...

...and now the funny thing: Sims 2 and 4 are at 240 MB mods/cc each atm. Except for these basics I do not miss my old cc.
  • Options
    Gabe_oz wrote: »

Yeah, did that earlier this year, worked miracles on my overall performance.

I might do that, that is if I have the time
  • Options
    MingYangYoMingYangYo Posts: 362 Member
    I would back up the CC first(lost some good stuff over the years without backing it up) alot of creators delete their stuff and Dropbox will be deactivating links soon. Much luck to you!
    Let me in I got a heart of gold

L2Oe8ie.jpg