Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Default eye and skin issues

So I found some really nice default eyes and a skin that I wanted to try but I seem to be having some problems with it. They show up just fine in CAS, but not on premade sims? I have to take the premade into CAS and then save for the replacements to show up. I don't remember this being an issue I had before? I tried with a couple of skins, mango smoothie, hd primer, and a burntwaffles one. They also all seem to be missing eyelashes? Not sure what's going on with this. I've already tried clearing cache files and testing with and without other mods.

Isn't it supposed to show up on premades or am I confused?

Comments

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Some default skins take away EA lashes so CC ones can be added. No clue why the defaults only show once you bring the sim into CAS. I know you said you tried clearing cache but make sure to do it every single time you take out defaults.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    Some default skins take away EA lashes so CC ones can be added. No clue why the defaults only show once you bring the sim into CAS. I know you said you tried clearing cache but make sure to do it every single time you take out defaults.

Yeah, I do that already but the problem still remains. It's really strange.
  • GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    I have found that SOMETIMES in some worlds that Default skin tones don't apply right away. I had this happen in Oasis Landing, and some other places... University town... whatever its called. Some of the premade sims were still showing up with EA skins.

Eventually they did switch over to my default, but it was a bit odd.

i.e. THIS GUY in Uni...??? LOL The expression cracks me up.
    25166990994_cc78fbc9d1_o.jpg

In my game at least it does tend to resolve itself after some time. I have no idea what causes it.
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • WillowG145WillowG145 Posts: 351 Member
    Sometimes sims need to change clothes to have the new default skin/eyes...just passing from one clothes set to the other (putting on night clothes, or going to swim etc.) set all right.