August 14 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here!
Are you ready for the The Sims Spark'd? Discuss the final episode here! Don't forget to use spoiler tags! Need a refresher? Click here!

CM's Architecture Thread - Thornton Cottage (pg 8) & a homeless home (pg 9)

12345679...Next

Comments

• creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,542 Member
    edited May 27
    Home Away From House - no cc

Home Away From House photo album

Inspired (quite after the fact) by @aricarai 's Seclusion, which was built in response to a teen runaway challenge, this is a non-home on a 10x10 lot where a homeless sim can settle down without being tied down.

Tent, outhouse, primitive plumbing, and a firepit for roasting vegetables or fish, this lot provides the barest of bare necessities for a sim to scrape out a living. However, without all those walls and floors in the way, it offers ample skill opportunities - handiness upgrading fixtures, a mirror for charisma, logic using a telescope, paint or make music in the great outdoors, do a spot of gardening to ensure you have something to eat, or work-out to the radio, play with the hackey-sack, or increase your martial arts skills. Place it near a fishing spot and you can have fresh fish for dinner!

Remarkably playable!
    Post edited by creativemetaphor on
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,979 Member
    Love what you've done with Home Away from Home! I feel like that could be an angler's dream as well! You've done amazing to have all those skills on the lot, too! Very smart!

• creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,542 Member
    @aricarai Thanks! I've been wanting to make a starter home that was more like a starter home-less for a while. I only played it with a single sim, I think that tent holds a family, though? But not sure if it would hold a toddler or not. Might be something to try. But it was oddly fun to play!