Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Colours of my Heart. *** 30/01/17 ***

Comments

• WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    Looks like Kate wants to get into those Lurky Mcfancy pants! :p Also aren't there cameras in elevators glad he didn't do anything I'm sure his father wouldn't have been pleased.
  • MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    I'm in awe of your attention to detail with poses and background. It really makes a difference.

LOVE Danny's grandfather's style. Can't wait to see the rest of the penthouse. I wonder what Kate is going to say when he reveals what the note said. I think he's going to have a long road to her heart since he was too d*umb to act on his desires initially. Can't wait for more!

Thank you! I'm glad that taking that little bit of extra time in setting the scene is making the difference! :blush:

It was fun creating the penthouse and I can't wait to show it off! I don't think that Danny is going to show Kate the letter, but there's nothing stopping Kate from finding it and reading it herself! ;)>:) He definitely is going to have a long road if he decides to try and get her back. We only saw a hint of his current nature, but based on Kate's reaction to it, it happens a lot and that sort of thing you just don't forget.

Probably the last update for 2016, going to spend the next two days drinking, advancing the story, sets, etc.
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
    WitcHazard wrote: »
    Looks like Kate wants to get into those Lurky Mcfancy pants! :p Also aren't there cameras in elevators glad he didn't do anything I'm sure his father wouldn't have been pleased.

Now that would be an interesting twist! Will have to keep an eye on their relationship bar! :D And yeah, in hindsight it was probably a wise move not to make a move! :D
    dustshaela.jpg
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    I'm in awe of your attention to detail with poses and background. It really makes a difference.

LOVE Danny's grandfather's style. Can't wait to see the rest of the penthouse. I wonder what Kate is going to say when he reveals what the note said. I think he's going to have a long road to her heart since he was too d*umb to act on his desires initially. Can't wait for more!

Thank you! I'm glad that taking that little bit of extra time in setting the scene is making the difference! :blush:

It was fun creating the penthouse and I can't wait to show it off! I don't think that Danny is going to show Kate the letter, but there's nothing stopping Kate from finding it and reading it herself! ;)>:) He definitely is going to have a long road if he decides to try and get her back. We only saw a hint of his current nature, but based on Kate's reaction to it, it happens a lot and that sort of thing you just don't forget.

Probably the last update for 2016, going to spend the next two days drinking, advancing the story, sets, etc.

Happy New Year!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg

Happy New Year!

Thank you, and you too! :)

Good news, I'm not hungover at all so will probably be able to get a chapter out today!
    dustshaela.jpg

Happy New Year!

Thank you, and you too! :)

Good news, I'm not hungover at all so will probably be able to get a chapter out today!

Cheers to no hangover! I'm the designated driver so I'll be chipper tomorrow, too! Hoping to wake up to a new chapter!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Happy New Year everyone! :blush:

Here's today's update: Chapter 7 - Stories...

I hope you enjoy! :smile:
    dustshaela.jpg
    Just a heads up that this next chapter is taking some time to set up. It's the first time jump back to the 40's where we hear from Danny's grandfather, so I want to get the feel of thing right. In the meantime, I want to show you the art direction I've chosen for the screenshots I'll take from that time period, used from previous non-spoilery images in the story:

oldphototest.jpg
    oldphotodanny.jpg
    dustshaela.jpg
    SO COOL!!! Can't wait! :love:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    This story's really neat so far. I'm excited to read the next chapter! :)
    This story's really neat so far. I'm excited to read the next chapter! :)

@IchigoUsagi Yay, a new reader! :D I'm glad that you're enjoying things so far. :) I'm hoping to get the next chapter out today so hopefully you don't have to wait too long.
    dustshaela.jpg
    Good evening all! :blush:

Finally managed to get this one finished! Phew!

Here is today's update: Chapter 8 - Scarlett...

I hope you enjoy! :)
    dustshaela.jpg
    Wow. That was breathtaking and sad. Great job. So artistic. Every detail was perfect! I know it must have taken hours for all those shots. Gorgeous set up. I enjoyed it all!

So...I wonder what impact that has on the plot. Very interesting...
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • iamthekiamthek Posts: 56 Member

I like your story so far, also a fan of Ironbound :)
    Can't wait to read what happens next.

I saw your update and was thinking - what is he talking about evening - it's just 2. pm right now.
    Different timezones like to confuse me :D
    "Have a good look, kids! That's how you catch tasty Sims!", said the mothercowplant to her babies. <3
    Wow. That was breathtaking and sad. Great job. So artistic. Every detail was perfect! I know it must have taken hours for all those shots. Gorgeous set up. I enjoyed it all!

So...I wonder what impact that has on the plot. Very interesting...

Thanks! :blush: Yeah, this one took a while to set up and even longer to shoot! Super happy that you enjoyed it!

We're going to see what kind of short-term impact it has soon. Long-term? Watch this space! :D
    iamthek wrote: »
    I like your story so far, also a fan of Ironbound :)
    Can't wait to read what happens next.

I saw your update and was thinking - what is he talking about evening - it's just 2. pm right now.
    Different timezones like to confuse me :D

Hiya! :)

It's a pleasure to meet another reader! I'm glad that you're enjoying this one and also Ironbound.

I come from the future (AKA as New Zealand) :D It's 3:30 am here now and well past my bedtime, but meh... I can sleep when I'm dead! :D
    dustshaela.jpg
    edited January 2017
    Aw poor Scarlett epic love ended by death. Girls two, three, and four never had a chance! You take amazing screenshots it must take awhile to set up these chapters! :D
    Post edited by WitcHazard on
    Aw poor Scarlett epic love ended by death. Girls two, three, and four never had a chance! You take amazing screenshots it must take awhile to set up these chapters! :D

I'm so mean aren't I? :D

I edited each of these "old photos" individually to get a unique ageing effect on them all, which was the longest thing in the setup of the chapter, around 4 to 5 hours of editing.
    dustshaela.jpg
    Phew! A nice easy chapter this time! :D

Chapter 9 - Revelations - Part One...

I hope you enjoy! :)
    dustshaela.jpg
    I laughed right along with Kate when the portraits were revealed. Beautiful shots. Couldn't have been easy! Lol! Now I'm really wondering about Scarlett!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    I laughed right along with Kate when the portraits were revealed. Beautiful shots. Couldn't have been easy! Lol! Now I'm really wondering about Scarlett!

Haha! I wanted to add a bit of light comedy in this one after the last chapter! :D Actually the paintings were probably the easy part. I'd had them finished and also the paintings for the next reveal finished earlier this week. I promise it just some harmless art lessons! o:):D
    dustshaela.jpg

Haha! I wanted to add a bit of light comedy in this one after the last chapter! :D Actually the paintings were probably the easy part. I'd had them finished and also the paintings for the next reveal finished earlier this week. I promise it just some harmless art lessons! o:):D

Hmm...now I'm worried! Especially if Danny's grandpa was the painter! Ha! :D
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited January 2017
    Well Lurky Mcfancy pants still being creepy! :D As for Danny's comment about Scarlett I'm sure all the women his grandfather was involved with are attractive.

Hmm...now I'm worried! Especially if Danny's grandpa was the painter! Ha! :D

Yup, Ralph was the painter. You could say he had a good muse! :D
    Well Lurky Mcfancy pants still being creepy! :D As for Danny's comment about Scarlett I'm sure all the women his grandfather was involved with are attractive.

Creep is his default mode! :D It's probably a safe assumption about his Grandfather's hookups! ;)
    dustshaela.jpg
  • Marmalade27Marmalade27 Posts: 625 Member
    I'm really enjoying this story so far! The screenshots are amazing, and the story is so intriguing! Each chapter leaves me yearning for more. I especially enjoyed the bank scene and the interaction with the teller- that was very entertaining! :)

Can't believe Danny followed Don Lothario's terrible advice, haha. Was Don purposely trying to sabotage him or was he serious?
    I'm really enjoying this story so far! The screenshots are amazing, and the story is so intriguing! Each chapter leaves me yearning for more. I especially enjoyed the bank scene and the interaction with the teller- that was very entertaining! :)

Can't believe Danny followed Don Lothario's terrible advice, haha. Was Don purposely trying to sabotage him or was he serious?

Thanks! I'm glad that you're enjoying the story! :blush:

Yeah, wasn't Danny's smartest move listening to Don! :D I think that Don actually believed in what he was saying, so he made it sound really convincing, but it was terrible, terrible advice as you said! :D
    dustshaela.jpg