Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIMS 3 CHALLENGE LIST (updated March 17th, 2019)

Comments

• MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    You probably had so many notifications that it drowned out! Thank you so much!

Yes! I think they've finally fixed notifications so I see only the ones I want. Thanks again!
  • LouisaSMLouisaSM Posts: 21 Member
    I've just started a Sims 3 expansion pack legacy challenge on my channel if anyone is interested - Youtube Channel is Novella Sims; Founder is Angela Pearson :) :)
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member

This is the renovacy challenge - I started it, but other people are running with it as well now and writing their own! There's a list at the bottom of the post, which gets updated from time to time.

What’s a renovacy? And who might like it?

It’s a renovation-legacy. The aim is to renovate the dilapidated living quarters your sims have found themselves in. Before the youngest child becomes an adult.
    The rules are simple.
    Set ages to default mode.
    If you have seasons, set each season to either 7 days, or 3 days if you want to play with short years.
    No money cheats.
    The family starts with no money at all. If they have any, take it off them!
    No adult can have a career or profession: nothing with a proper salary. They can make money fishing, collecting and selling things, gardening, playing for tips, sculpting, inventing and selling your products at the consignment store, dumpster diving…but no jobs (though there can be an exception for one part-time job if it’s essential to the story.)
    Children can sell baked goods or lemonade, if you buy the stand and a cooker.
    Teens can have a part-time job.

Children have to be grade A students as soon as possible, and stay on the honour roll. You don’t want social services investigating your home life, and seeing the state of your home.
    Family relationships have to be good too, for the same reason – if they start off poor, then you have to improve them as a priority.

The renovating rules.
    All flooring and walls have to be papered over – you can’t sell the floor or wall covering that’s already there.
    You can repaint things to make them look better, but you have to pay 25 simoleons for everything you paint – make a donation on the mailbox.
    Your aim is for everyone to have their own bedroom (spouses can share, and babies or toddlers can go in with someone else), with a bed, curtains, bedside table, lamp and dresser or desk or toybox.
    Bathroom/toilet goal is one between two. At least one with bath and one with shower.
    Kitchen is fridge, cooker, sink, three counter units, lighting, and clock, picture and bench accessory.
    Dining room/area is table, enough chairs for everyone plus a visitor, rug, lighting, two pictures .
    Sitting room is enough comfy seating for everyone, coffee table, two plants, lighting, two pictures and either television or stereo.
    For people who like scoring things, you can score the rooms: add up the points on the furniture for environment, energy, comfort, fun and stress relief. Hunger, bladder and hygiene don’t count. A total of 10 gives you a level 1 room, 20 a level 2 and so on.
    Garden area: if there are plants here that you want to get rid of, you can sell them, but you can only spend the money on fences or walls or other plants. The goal for the garden is to have it fenced and gated (to keep the children safe). You can score a garden like the rooms though, by adding things to it.

Who might like it?
    Someone who wants a shortish challenge. The house has to be finished by the time the youngest child is an adult.
    Someone who likes building, creating families and starting off a story.

Building rules.
    You can make this as hard as you like, except that each house must start with a toilet and shower, some means of cooking (can be a fire pit) and somewhere for everyone to sleep. This can be a sleeping bag on the floor. Any babies or toddlers have to have a cot each and one potty. After that, it’s totally up to you! You can make it as ugly as you like, as run-down as you like…the sleeping area has to have a roof, but nothing else does. You can make the furniture as outrageous as you want…just go wild!

Creating a family rules.
    One adult or teen must have the Good trait so that they can make donations on the mailbox.
    The family can be as hard to play as you like, and as big as you like. There must be one adult, though, and if the adult is a grandparent, then there has to be one teen. I quite like dressing them in dreadful clothes. And they can’t have better ones until they can afford a dresser!
    Give it a starting story and post it for someone else to download and play!
    Add it at the bottom of this post, if you like...

Links to mine: (more coming later as I get them moved onto my story site). These are the cc free and pattern-free ones. The non-cc and pattern-free ones are in later posts.
    http://samelasstories.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/the-newton-brown-renovacy.html - by SamelaRita
    http://samelasstories.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/the-mcphail-renovacy.html - by SamelaRita
    http://samelasstories.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/luke-and-lucy-renovacy.html - by SamelaRita
    http://samelasstories.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/the-warehouse-renovacy.html - by SamelaRita
    http://samelasstories.blogspot.co.uk/2017/10/the-orphanage-renovacy.html - by SamelaRita

The Mojica-Hutchins renovacy by Mmdrgntobldrgn. Lot here: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9194494
    Back story here: http://mamadragonssims.weebly.com/renovation-challenges/hutchins-and-mojica-renovation-challenge

Sassafras by ADWilson
    https://adwilson1991.wordpress.com/sassafras/

Ciane's Container Challenge:
    Back story and rule variations:
    https://2sim3.wordpress.com/other/container
    Lot:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9210495
  • MorningstarMorningstar Posts: 318 Member
    Hello! I updated the Build A City Challenge rules based on the original post from Tom Simkins and alternate rules from Natasha Rasmussen.

Mostly I edited for clarity and to update for new expansion packs.
    It's quite long so I haven't pasted it all here, but let me know if I should because you want a link within the Forums!
    From the town's first community lot to each household and rabbit hole, watch the stories unfold...
    Rebuilding Appaloosa Plains
    Prologue & Chapters 1-18 out now!
    Origin ID: Mourning-Stars | Simming since 2000
  • boskos456boskos456 Posts: 66 Member
    :) Can U add mine at some point? :)
    It is called the Suleiman(harem) challenge
    here's the link https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/952768/sims-4-suleiman-harem-challenge
    Will update ASAP!! Just a reminder...any challenges posted right here in this thread will NOT be added. Please read the very first post for instructions on how to submit a challenge. Thank you!
  • AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    edited January 2019
    @Meeshelby I think you should definitely add the Adam & Eve challenge! From the looks of it the creator, @JMJphotostudio, spent a really long time making this a solid and very complete challenge!
  • KayosCatalystKayosCatalyst Posts: 313 Member
    edited February 2019
    this is great
  • CatskillsCatskills Posts: 2 New Member
    So is there like a place where you can show off your completed challenges here? Or is it just, you give us ideas/challenges, and we do them and decide how to celebrate the success/completion of them? ^_^ :)
    Catskills wrote: »
    So is there like a place where you can show off your completed challenges here? Or is it just, you give us ideas/challenges, and we do them and decide how to celebrate the success/completion of them? ^_^ :)

This particular thread is just for posting the challenge ideas. But I'm pretty sure there is one somewhere where you can show them off. However...if I can't find one, I could edit one of the posts to link people playing the challenges that are listed. Thoughts?
  • abbiey2193abbiey2193 Posts: 1 New Member
    I kept looking on this for I'm a lover challenge and couldn't see it. i see that you need the rules which i do have saved in word if you would like them to put up here please let me know on how to get them to you.
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    I kept looking on this for I'm a lover challenge and couldn't see it. i see that you need the rules which i do have saved in word if you would like them to put up here please let me know on how to get them to you.
    Here is a link - it is a TS4 version....

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/821243/the-sims-4-im-a-lover-challenge-10-generations/p1
    I have updated the challenges to this point. Some I did not add because they were not submitted correctly (if you don't see yours, check the first post in this thread to see why not). Also, some were Sims 4 challenges to they were put on the Sims 4 list HERE.
  • Sims_ChSims_Ch Posts: 66 Member
    How do I enter a challenge that i made.
    Sims_Ch wrote: »
    How do I enter a challenge that i made.

Read the very first post on this thread :)
  • thegodlymonsterrthegodlymonsterr Posts: 3 New Member
    I'd Like to submit my first challenge I've ever made ^^ It's inspired by drifter-type challenges, but I have't seen one like this so I made my own!
    The rules can be found by going to the FB page @Physicks and looking at the Pinned Post. (I'm not allowed to post links here yet apparently <<')
    The challenge is called the "Minimalist Wanderer" challenge :D
    I have yet to play-test it but I plan to within the next week or so.
    I think it's totally doable though! I hope someone enjoys it ~
    If anyone that can post links could link my challenge so it can be considered for the list that would be awesome ^^
    thank you Debra! ^u^
  • Sims_ChSims_Ch Posts: 66 Member
    I was finally able to post. I hope i did it right. I posted on the forum and an even neater copy on wattpad. Here the like to both.

The Modern Amazon Challenge

The forum link

the forum link

And the wattpad link
    wattpad link

If the links dont work please let me know.
  • SimsAndWafflesSimsAndWaffles Posts: 2 New Member
    I have a challenge that kinda already existed but i almost completely remade it. This is the Orphan CHallenge.here goes:
    1)So, start off by creating a household (in any town, really doesnt matter). You must have 1 teen, 1 child, and 1 toddler. If you would like a challenge, you can have more children/toddlers. You may have up to 2 teens. The traits kleptomaniac, green thumb, and mooch can only be used ONCE when making sims. choose wisely.Place a random young adult, doesnt matter. If you really want to, you can instead make the parents and do the whole shebang. Up to you. (all of the sims are related except for the young adult.)
    2) when choosing where to put your sims, choose as big of a lot as you want. I did a 20x20. PLace your sims there and put a ton of shrubs n trees around the lot until you are left with a 10x10 area. Buy sleeping bags and cribs for the sims who are being kept alive. Also buy a small fenced area for a future garden. Also get the cheapest fire pit and cheapest chairs (one per sim).
    3) ONce done, use the familyfunds cheat to set your sims household funds to 100$. Kill the adult sim(s) and delete the moodlets for 'mourning'.
    4) get the teenager(s) a part time job, doesnt matter which one.
    5)While playing, all of your sims who go to school must have a B or higher. If they do not by the time they age up, take away 50$ for each child/teen without the high grade.
    6) You can also have a community garden to harvest 1 of each edible plant per sim weekly, and as many seeds for your garden as you want. the garden is one of your only sources of income AND food.
    7) No interacting with any sims older than the oldest sim in your household. this includes mooching.
    8) Basically, the goal of the challenge is to have every child grow up and have at least one kid. You can choose to play on, but for the challenge, after 3 generations (or more, depending on how long you want to carry it out), you should have at least 50,000 simoleans in you household funds and be a 4 star celebrity.
    Happy Simming!
  • artenissimmer55artenissimmer55 Posts: 40 Member
    I came up with a new challenge, but it's still in its infant stages (partially because it requires its own world, but mostly because I haven't figured out all of the rules for it yet) so this is more of a "testing the waters" post, if you will.

The challenge is a gameplay challenge where you have to get your sims to live like Hutterites. Hutterites are Anabaptists (like the Amish) who believe in living communally, so they live on colonies that are scattered across the Midwest of the United States and the Canadian prairies. They also wear plain dress that looks similar to how the Amish dress, which would be a requirement of the challenge.

I'm thinking at the beginning of the challenge, you should start with at least eight sims (aka four couples), with only those eight sims being allowed to reproduce. From those eight sims you'll need to get 100 sims living on the colony at one time. The catch is that teenagers have to have a 50/50 chance of leaving the colony once they turn into young adults (with the exception of designated heirs, because even 50/50 could potentially mean all of the next generation leaving).

Obviously, this would either require rotational households or mods, but that's all I have figured out for right now. I'll probably post the challenge thread once I get the world finished and my own attempt at the challenge started. Until then!
  • AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    @artenissimmer55 That sounds very interesting, I'd like to see where that one is going!
  • ProZackProZack Posts: 15 Member
    The Beehive Challange
    The Sims 4 - modthesims.info/t/605211
    The Sims 3 - modthesims.info/t/507720
    ♛ 𝓠𝕦𝕖𝕖𝕟𝕚𝕖 ♛

"Segregation was wrong when it was forced by white people, and I believe it is still wrong when it is requested by black people." ~ Coretta Scott King

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top