Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I love genetics!

Comments

• TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    I'm using the RG mod to go over pretty much all of my SV game at the moment (still waiting for someone to get out of her grave :smiley: )
    Here's just one example, Rocky Bunch, one of three kids of Ethan Bunch and Kaylynn Langerak. His mix from EA genetics didn't look too hot, but here's the RG version. He's got mostly Kaylynn's eyes, whereas nose and mouth are close to equal mixes.
    bzWlS18.jpg
    T35ec2A.jpg
    Now I'm considering to let a Bunch near the core family :lol: .
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @Turjan Rocky isn't unpleasant at all considering he's a bunch! I think it might be safe to let them mingle with the family genetics :D
    edited July 2020
    I've spent whole days redoing genetics, fixing wardrobes, body hair on women (must have a wrong setting somewhere), etc., which means dozens of sims that were subject to the RG mod. Here just some examples.

First is Diana, the last daughter of Jamie (Jolina) and Marcus Stout (my founder). Here's how Jamie and Marcus look nowadays:
    1TKSh35.jpg
    S9fslke.jpg
    Diana:
    H0DRv5s.jpg
    Here she is in the game with Marcus and Morgana (Wolff):
    5Np3FRG.jpg
    As Morgana was already shown, here again in the Stylist (I had accidentally given her the same hair as Marcus, which I switched out):
    sgGmXzK.jpg
    Morgana's twin daughters with Thornton Wolff, Kyra and Kisha:
    D8h0mOs.jpg
    4GT3vU1.jpg
    Sorry, no image of Thornton. He's been long dead, and I didn't really edit him much from his original state.

I could probably go on for hours with this :lol: .
    edited July 2020
    Hmm, maybe, because you like Eddy Mullis, here's Eddy's oldest son with Paul, the second son of Jamie and Marcus.
    Eddy and Paul:
    4rZuqqr.jpg
    ywEBq5j.jpg
    Adrian
    20vhQHt.jpg
    This is basically the first grandson of Marcus to reach the YA stage (though the first kids of Lucas came first, Eddy and Paul overtook them in the future). Sadly, as Adrian hasn't had a single relationship yet in his whole teenage time, any great grandchildren are still a while out, unless Story Progression gets going quickly.

Edit to add: Paul has actually been re-rolled from Jamie and Marcus with the RG mod. However, I didn't want to change him too much, so he's still mostly Jamie, but now with a bit of Marcus thrown in.
    @Turjan Diana turned out very well! I also get body hair on girls that needs to be removed! :confounded:
    I saw the matching hair in the other thread and actually thought it was kind of cute :p Your Morgana looks a lot nicer than the original :)
    Kyra and Kisha are pretty and I can see Thornton in them :) Thornton does make a pretty female so I am not surprised.
    What's not to like about Eddy!? Yours looks very cute :)
    Adrian is very handsome! He needs to find himself a girl soon and make some babies! :D
    edited July 2020
    @Mikezumi Thank you. Aww, Mona is a cutie :smile: .
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    Adrian is very handsome! He needs to find himself a girl soon and make some babies! :D
    I'm afraid SP has other plans. It decided to hook him up with Anderson Ansari of all people. Anderson is the child of Ayesha Ansari and Dave Ramsey. I did a massive edit on Dave's nose to get something like this:
    cJqycB3.jpg
    Or, maybe, I just move him out of town. I have to get rid of lots of YA's, one way or the other.

A long time ago, I had the IF's of my founder's first kids turned into normal humans, and three of four were made into children of Susan Wainwright and Gobias Koffi. Now, with the RG mod, I thought I'd try some real genetics instead of some edited ones. Of course, I still did some major edits, but this time on Susan and Gobias only; the "kids" are the product of pure genetics.
    The edited versions of Susan and Gobias (Susan has been dead for ages):
    di27Qe5.jpg
    iOkrleH.jpg
    Cosmo
    EJaPunC.jpg
    Funny that he still looks the same, just with a somewhat reduced nose because of the Gobias edit. I guess the hair and the weird beard dominate the appearance, although I'm not convinced of the hair color. I didn't expect that kind of color from the parents (I used Consort's hair mod), but here we are.
    Hesper
    cHGDqqt.jpg
    I think she looks better than before.
    Spiros
    jUXS4Wz.jpg
    He rolled 99.x% of his father's hair color, less than one percent from Susan. I think that looks quite good on him.
    @Turjan What will you do with the excess YAs? I don't have a problem with numbers because of the short lifespan. Although I go through stages where YA numbers are high, it doesn't take long before they move on to the next life stage and finally to old age and death. I notice when I go into map view that there are lots of empty houses still.
    I have noticed that people who play on longer lifespans don't space out their children proportionately. I have been guilty of it in the past when I have played slightly longer lives. My sims have babies at the same rate as they would on a shorter lifespan and my towns soon filled up.

Anderson doesn't look too bad but hopefully Adrian's genetics will dominate :D

Your edited Susan and Gobias look good. I don't recognize Gobias much but Susan still looks like Susan. That was a clever idea to use the genetics mod to mix their genes for the IFs! They all turned out quite nice! I also like Spiros' hair colour :)
    edited July 2020
    Thanks.
    I had already planned to move quite a few YA's via Traveler to an empty world, play for a short time until SP hooks them up with each other and they get some babies, then mostly ignore that world until the babies have grown up to YA's. Should be interesting to visit that world later and look at the outcome.

Yes, I got too many kids in too short a time. My world is dominated by YA's now, hardly any babies or children because the world was already above the limit I set (I now raised it from 120 to 150 until I'm done with reducing the population), and half the teenagers will also age up within the next ingame week or so.

I have now switched off pregnancies for adults (they can still go to the hospital if they want a child, but many went for a "second round" of children) and increased pregnancy duration to 7.5 days. I also reduced the elder stage further, given the "death" point is just the guaranteed lifespan, and many live much longer. I had already set cooldown periods between pregnancies, but for whatever reason, SP pretty much never respects those (too many exceptions, I guess). Of course, my specific issue was also my founder himself, who's responsible for quite a few of those YA's. Needless to say I have to cart much of the family out, because they obviously can't pair up with each other.

I've seen this coming for a long time though. The current world was actually only meant as a staging ground to get the genetics sorted out and decide on what to do with everyone. I've gone through dozens of YA's so far, and I'll see who of the third generation (and who of the children of Marcus) will stay.

Edit: Here's the statistics for residents only (no homeless or service people included):
    4chM2Nf.jpg
    And many of the teenagers will follow within the next days.

edited July 2020
    I noticed that sounded a bit vague, but there are a few other options. For example, Gobias has already been dead three times, and Jamie already once, so I guess I can just "phase them out", even though they look like YA's. They have a little son, Moises, but he can grow up with his half-brother Cosmo and Cosmo's wife Angelica, whose kids will move out soon.
    8sjXgBG.jpg
    Most of the first round of children of Marcus will move up to adults within days, including Paul (and Eddy).
    Some of the others had already a second existence in the world of Cronor, where I may move them again and continue the story I had started there (I hardly posted anything about that though). They were just returned so I could use Porter without losing family relationships. Which means, I'm not completely unprepared.
    @Turjan Ah! Letting sims have more than one go-around would complicate things. For me, when sims are dead, they are dead! I love that the family roll wishes to resurrect them but cancel the wishes and get on with the game. I do love seeing them as ghosts but I don't need the overhead of letting them live again!

I have started saves to test something new or with no intention of going far with them but end up loving the family and finding myself playing longer than I planned without restrictions in place and found my towns overrun with kids! Now, all my saves have a two child restriction even if it's just short term because you never can tell! :D
    That sounds reasonable. I made other decisions that complicated things. You can see exactly four toddlers in the statistics up there, and those are the quadruplets by Marcus and Morgana. Those fertility LTR's may have had a purpose at one point, but that in combination with autonomous "try for baby" led to that surprise offspring. I'll keep those two around, but they will get stripped off their "family-oriented" traits, too. No more baby wishes (they had them again, btw).

I'll also look into whether I can just convert some of the residents into role sims that man the registers and bars in town. That should at least take care of some of them.
    edited July 2020
    @Turjan The Fertility LTR is NEVER used in my game! :D I also banned the massage table because I think I read it can cause multiples. If I ever see a sim that loves children's music, that gets changed too! :D
    edited July 2020
    Heh, your family genes are strong. You can immediately see what family Mona belongs to :smile: .

Some more pics from my game: Here are two of Arlo Bunch's children with Madison VanWatson:
    Jaimee
    o3VupUh.jpg
    Gayle
    Md8WeMb.jpg

This is the daughter of Marcus with Pauline Wan:
    Jolene
    mP2fCT9.jpg
    Post edited by Turjan on
    Rashida Ursine, the daughter of Jared Frio, with her mother Claire.
    lub0JDS.jpg
    Her half-brother Darell, by Marcus.
    QRQPv60.jpg
    The two daughters of Marcus with Monica Morris:
    Cynthia
    T9d2cMt.jpg
    Maura
    gBbwrFR.jpg
    The son of Ayesha Ansari and Marcus:
    Jonah
    W6XlM8v.jpg
    @Turjan That's interesting that you say that because when I looked at Mona I thought it was nice to finally see a girl who looked quite different to the ones from the earlier family.

Jaimee definitely has the Bunch eyes! Gayle is very cute :) Jolene looks good and I can see Marcus in her :)
    Rashida is pretty! and Darell looks good too!
    Cynthia and Maura look quite different but still look like siblings. They look good :)
    Jonah is very handsome! :)
    Thanks for the comments. I guess I'll keep more pics for another day :wink: .

Yes, Mona looks different, but I wondered how much of that is due to the hair, which frames the face in a very different way. Still, I can see she's part of the family.
    edited July 2020
    It's true she is a good blend of her dads but even though Damien's numbers are not very high I can see him when I look at her. I forgot to look at her as a male and should do that next time I play. Hair really does make a differences as well!
    Madeline, daughter of Lou (first 4th gen. spare) and Nancy is now a teen. I can see both her parents in her but she looks mostly like her mother.
    50132484346_5ecd588a4c_o.jpg
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I may have found my OG Lowell couple that I made when I first started playing sims 3. Unfortunately they were uploaded after I renovated the house I'd placed them in. I also don't have two of the stuff packs the upload comes with, so I'll need to edit Annabeth's clothes and their house. Hopefully these are the ones I played until their oldest became a grandfather.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited July 2020
    Lol @Mikezumi Thanks!

Edit: If the launcher will work properly I'll have fun. If not, I'll use the ones I shared in the other post.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything