Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I love genetics!

Comments

• TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    Yup, those are great examples. That's probably something I could do, given I don't trust my ability to use make-up in any way that wouldn't end up in some clown-like disaster :lol: .
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @Turjan I don't do anything fancy with my sims' makeup. In fact I mostly use the same stuff on all my sims because that is the style I want for them. I have never worn makeup myself and have absolutely no idea about its application! :D
    I can see that, but I would need something that limits it to basically one color and maybe two tones that are guaranteed to go with each other. Even the limited game options make me often wonder whether they actually go with, for example, the eye or the hair color. And that's more stress than I want in my game :smiley:
  • FrankieDanySIMSFrankieDanySIMS Posts: 152 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @FrankieDanySIMS I see you are now a member which means you can post pics. Looking forward to seeing your sims :)

Ok when I make the pics I'll post them :) Hope soon :)
    7b98023048724ecd9dea27351744b46c.png
    Lou aged up to YA :)
    50089474637_6b1b1895e3_o.jpg

@Turjan Although I don't mind short noses, Paul's nose obviously doesn't fit as well on Joey's face shape because Lou's nose is almost in the uncomfortably short zone even for me ;) Luckily he's so handsome he pulls it off :D
    50088658398_ccca86e9e5_o.jpg

His girlfriend, Nancy, also aged up and will be moving in next time I load the game. Her genetics come from Dante Morganthe and somebody or other Burb.
    50089234661_a42bff989e_o.jpg

She mostly resembles Dante.
    50089474317_3c37a7378a_o.jpg
    As long as it isn't short and wide, as with Arlo, I guess you can live with it. I think Lou's face looks absolutely fine. I'm not that picky with faces, anyway :wink: .

I know Dante Morganthe well, but I don't remember any Burbs in Moonlight Falls. Then again, I don't remember where all your family members come from, given you move from time to time.
    @Turjan Thanks :) I am very picky with faces but I know not everyone is :p
    Burb was probably in my bin. I visit all of the worlds I own and give makeovers to anyone I think can be used in future saves as town fillers.
    I think he's looking good, not just passable. Of course, the right hair can work wonders even with the more complicated cases (I even got Malcolm Landgraab to look passable with only minor edits that way :lol: ).

Maybe, I should also post the image of the gender-swapped Brandi Broke without cheek fullness reduction:
    OhGAKSU.jpg
    That's one of those typical examples where gender-swapping shows limits in the engine. I noticed the opposite is also true: if you have males with the cheek fullness slider far to the left, they look horrible as females.
    edited July 2020
    Back to my current Pleasantview family. I got Oliver hooked up with his former IF, Flavio. Flavio has a bit of that Parker Langerak nose. They had a baby produced at the hospital, and the RG mod actually stepped in when I chose "random" as option (no idea what happens if you choose "design"). I could already see from the numbers that Flavio mostly "won" this round. The RNG rolled a boy.
    I6SZeRH.jpg
    I don't care much for babies - they are just there and scream from time to time - so he's already a toddler.
    GSrDOtI.jpg
    Sneak peek of Geralt between Oliver and Flavio.
    i8LLNmo.jpg
    Well, it's mostly Flavio's nose:
    jbryNt9.jpg
    Not sure whether I'll keep this. Probably doesn't matter in the long run.

Which reminds me: I should probably look at their "daughter" from the future. I had to switch off autonomous "try for baby", because they always used the time machine, and I got a constant stream of elders coming out of that one. I TA'd most of them, but one of them is still around to help with the kids.
    TcinArv.jpg
    @Turjan I also don't care for the babies and they all get snuggled then aged up :D
    Brandi as a male looks okay except for the cheeks!
    Geralt looks okay and the blend worked out well :)
    All the females in my save look a little masculine but that is because most of the females in my towns are mostly gender switched males :D
    edited July 2020
    The future "daughter", Aja, turned out as disappointment. It's just an Oliver copy.
    iJBIhi2.jpg
    It's particularly visible when gender-swapped.
    fAqQcFS.jpg
    As she is an elder, it doesn't really matter, but well, I'll see what I do with her.

Oliver and Flavio got a second child, and the dice decided on a daughter this time, Yennefer, who is still more Flavio, but a much better mix. Sneak peek:
    cZDvXec.jpg
    5a1qjCU.jpg
    Gender-swapped:
    osczO8F.jpg
    The mixed chin makes for much better females than Oliver alone, who causes a pointy chin and a very short nose on daughters.
    Leia, Dyson's eldest daughter, aged up to YA today. I got a pop up that she married her long-time boyfriend who aged up a couple days before her, not long after I got her birthday notice!
    50092534717_e5ac1a5835_o.jpg
    @Turjan Aja does look like Oliver ... and she has green hair!
    I think Yennefer will look nice once you pick the right hair and give her a little makeup :)
    edited July 2020
    @Mikezumi Heh. I guess I expected green hair at some point, as it should be genetically correct (in the game sense) in this case, given Flavio's hair color. I was just lucky that both hospital kids of the two got Oliver's hair color. Aja has white hair now, anyway.
    Regarding Yennefer, she needs at least some brow change, yes. I often just darken the brows of blondes.
    edited July 2020
    @Mikezumi I don't. It's the style of the maker of that world. I only edited the sims to some limited degree. All sims were meant to represent those from Sims2 Pleasantview, and the residents of this town were made by one creator (which probably also explains some of the similarities), and one way to "pretty up" females is to make their cheeks fuller and their jaws narrower (and eyes large). Of course, that has consequences when the offspring appears. The non-resident townies were mostly made by someone else, and that's where some of the extreme jaws with sliders at the limit come from. Personally, I'm very cautious with the sleek fullness slider and keep it slightly left of center for the most part, because males tend not to look good with full cheeks and females don't look good with emaciated cheeks, at least not at the (standard) slider limit. The subtle changes portraitAI makes to face features wasn't lost on me.

Anyway, I just remixed Aja, Oliver and Flavio's "future" daughter, who is an elder. Ignore the hair color on the YA version, as it's just a sneak peek in CAS. By the way, the hair looks better ingame, in case you wonder.
    Z4o2E4A.jpg
    The admixture of Flavio's nose and jaw makes the face look a bit more balanced, I think.

It's clear she doesn't look as good as Leia, but for a rather bland skin, I guess it's okayish.
    @Turjan I actually like the blue hair! Wow! The remix is quite pretty!
    I couldn't help myself if I installed a world with someone else's sims and would have to "fix" them all. Although I didn't change the SV sims in the start of my genetics game because their genetics were irrelevant to what I was doing if I were to play a town's residents long-term I simply couldn't not make them more aesthetically pleasing to me.
    It's true that females look "sweeter" with fuller cheeks but that fact that I only concentrate on the males in the family means my girls only have slider positions that I find attractive in males :D
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Shared in another post but I made a new sim and she just started dating Conner Frio. How good are his genes?
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    edited July 2020
    I'll try and see if I can post up a picture of Aaron (as a young adult) after he has his birthday and pics of his parents and let you see just what the "Random Genetics" sliders blended - I just couldn't get the screenshot...as the darned thing clicked through too fast. I had fifteen messages come up. I should have used the arrow keys to scroll through the messages instead of the x to clear them.

I'll do that for the next kidlet. Though, question. If the child was conceived and born when the mother and father were teens, would it blend from the parents as teens rather than as adults?
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    edited July 2020
    @HillyBeth I have always like Connor Frio but my version of him has been genetically corrected :p

@Nikkei_Simmer Teens and adults have the same sliders they just look different because of the life stage.
    Post edited by Mikezumi on
    Leo just aged up to YA. His girlfriend, Joanna, was added to the household so they can get married before I move them out.
    50099188343_a7bebd6537_o.jpg
    50099993357_9770f5243c_o.jpg
    50099766146_22a9027158_o.jpg
    @HillyBeth Connor Frio is one of the more popular SV residents when it comes to producing offspring. I used him and his brother for a whole family, but I edited him beforehand. I guess there are pics in this thread - somewhere...
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited July 2020
    Conner and Rebekah are one step closer to being a family and bringing in the babies**! LOL! They started dating and actually hit it off the second they met in person. I had her send him a message through the dating profile in the game.

**To keep to the topic of the thread ;)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • FrankieDanySIMSFrankieDanySIMS Posts: 152 Member

Hi as said in a previous post... I made some genetic test with one of my couples (nice wife + ugly husband) ... made just in CAS as science experiment ... then I got simpathy for n.3 (the female version was very ugly and not in the picture) so I kept him while the others were deleted ... the legacy appears as male get the nose from father...on female this appears not so visible ... and the chin is surely from the mother ...
    I posted also their adopted child: Yoshi because I figured their legacy to be ugly !!! ihihihih
    PS Yoshi is going to be a very handsome man... (to my opinion because I saw his looking as an adult)

What do you think about Bernard? ;)

71fd144ca980394e90fc15d61ee4ef62.png
    71f122677ad11c00944ad15bf9e0cfb1.png
    6cac3b5fcc2828dae002890df09abced.png
    cc3935bb7c11df1a367bc01737dbc2a4.png

I hope you'll like my experiment :) Good Sunday to you all :)

7b98023048724ecd9dea27351744b46c.png