Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I love genetics!

Comments

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Dyson (brother of my current heir) and Mandy's first child, Leia, aged up to teen.
    50071451831_857aefebc4_o.jpg

Their second child, Gwen, aged up to teen today.
    50071451861_4aa17e7d0b_o.jpg
    I realized I didn't do a comparison pic of Joe (fourth gen. heir, still child) and his dads. I can see he mostly resembles Joey but there are subtle differences to the features that most resemble Joey's thanks to the blending :)
    50063487968_aa3499c274_o.jpg

50073599093_ee15479ab8_o.jpg
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    edited July 2020
    Gwen's hair fits her face marvelously :smile: .

I already mentioned I'd post a few Pleasantview residents. For the most part, I didn't preserve the remix tables, which means the pics will have to speak for themselves. I won't post any of the pre-mades, except as parents, of course, because I'm not sure how they were created, and even if it was via genetics, I edited all of them at some point, mostly regarding the eyes.

The first example actually touches on the family, given Tam Goth married one of the adopted Oldie daughters, Eliza. Here we have Tam between his parents Don Lothario and Cassandra Goth, who is Mortimer Goth's and Bella Bachelor's daughter, but a pre-made.

ttfebp4.jpg
    As he was one of the earliest babies in town, I edited all eye sizes after the fact, but other than that, Tam is the result of the RG mod.

Tam Goth and Eliza (Oldie) Goth had a YA daughter less than 24 hours into their marriage, via Time Machine, which is EA genetics (or that of NRaas mods), Jane.
    PX7BPQQ.jpg
    She is Eliza with Tam's mouth (and brows :smiley: ).
    I used the RG mod a few times, and here is one example:
    dPB1Laz.jpg
    leqeeKr.jpg
    Not sure if it's an improvement - probably not - but at least it's a mix.
    @Turjan Looks like the mod is doing wonderful things in your game as well! I really like the look of Tam!
    As for Jane, I think I prefer the remixed version of her. She's much more elegant looking than before :)
  • FrankieDanySIMSFrankieDanySIMS Posts: 152 Member
    Wow how many nice sims/ hair / eyes! I like genetics too but I do not use mods only from game's content ... When it will be possible (I'm new) I'll post some pictures.
    7b98023048724ecd9dea27351744b46c.png
    edited July 2020
    Well, Jane certainly doesn't have that broad nose and broad chin anymore :smile: . Also, what's not visible, the nose has only a slight curve now and neither Tam's strong hook nor Eliza's upward twist. And yes, Tam definitely beats his parents in the looks department :lol: .

I took on Brandi Broke's six kids next (none of those are my fault - it's pure SP). Note that the first two examples (Dustin and Beau) are pre-mades, so I'm not sure, the third example (Richard) is the RG mod's doing, but all three were edited after the fact, as it was also one of the existing pregnancies at the start of the game, like Tam. I have brought all parents to YA for comparison. Skip is actually already a deceased adult at game start.

Brandi's sons with Skip, her deceased first husband.
    Dustin
    1N1hRt2.jpg
    Beau
    QbST2Yz.jpg
    Richard
    PM4LMZG.jpg
    By the way, I always thought Richard looked like Oliver, the first adoption by Coral and Herb Oldie, the main couple of my game. Both were "born" at the same point, so the game may just have duplicated the genetics. Not sure about the nose, but I may have edited Skip after Richard, and that as adult, so I guess we just have to live with that those images are not pure genetics.

Next Brandi had a relationship with Darren Dreamer, but given Darren is a loner, he didn't want to have a household full of people, I guess. They had two sons, Randolph and Antoine.
    Randolph
    EzJQxCG.jpg
    Antoine
    Ztfm2jb.jpg
    Antoine has more from Brandi, who I think is one of the prettiest women in that game (naturally opinions may vary :lol: ).

Given Brandi got lots of child support money from Darren, and given Don (Lothario) couldn't afford his own, he married Brandi for a short time, and they had one child, Jackson, who is still a child at the moment. This is a sneak peek of him as YA.
    azLG8Yw.jpg
    @FrankieDanySIMS Looking forward to seeing the genetics in your game when you are able to post pics :)

@Turjan Dustin and Beau certainly look like brothers and both seem to have their dad's eyes. I quite like the downward turned outer eye corner :)
    Richard is quite different with the RG mod! He still looks like a sibling of Dustin and Beau but the blending is very nice!
    Randolph and Antoine are very handsome boys!
    I agree that Brandi is pretty :)
    Jackson is also good looking!

Are you enjoying the mod so far? I don't think I want to play without it again! There have been a couple of births in town where I didn't like the outcome but it wasn't the mod's fault. The sims were just random sims from my library that chose their own partners when I put them in town and the genetics didn't mesh so well. I re-rolled one with the RG mod and got a much better result but the other refused to look good. I ended up transferring the genetics from his uncle, also in town, to him because I needed a boy for Opal when she ages up very soon. Although I have no problem with manipulating the genetics of sims outside my sim family because they are only there to provide potential partners for my large extended family, I won't touch their genetics once they have joined the family.
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    Are you enjoying the mod so far? I don't think I want to play without it again!
    Absolutely! It's just awesome! Also, the fact you can just roll on and on, if you feel like it, without the game getting upset, is a definite plus. Up to now, it improved a lot in town. I hope they won't all look the same in the end, but you can always add sims from outside.
    I already mentioned that Coral Oldie still got to see her great-grandchildren. Needless to say, these are all sneak peeks.

First would be the children of Coral's granddaughter Angela (a pre-made) with Dustin Broke from my last post with pics.
    Latoya
    6Gkzsky.jpg
    Sammie (I think - may be completely wrong :blush: )
    C1WgCWV.jpg

Next would be the daughter of Coral's granddaughter Lillith (also a pre-made) with Dirk Dreamer, Darren Dreamer's son with his deceased wife Darleen (for Darren, see above, but all are pre-mades).
    Juliet
    BJmo4jc.jpg
    I guess I vote for more kids in this case, even if the parents show no intention of getting a second one.
    @Turjan Latoya and Sammie look very similar but I can see subtle differences in the eyes and mouth. They are very pretty sisters :)
    Angela and Lilith are almost twins! Juliet is lovely and her skin colour is beautiful! It's a lovely blend between the parents :)

I just noticed that none of the awesomes I left last night were there! I must not have clicked hard enough but in my defence I was tired and ready for bed.
    Rose and Daphne are the twin daughters of Jody and Shark Racket. They are both very cute and quite different to each other although they have similar mouths :)

Rose
    50077564022_7ecd35614f_o.jpg

Daphne
    50076746613_fdc800c992_o.jpg
    Opal aged up to teen. I will take her birthday close up later. I had spent too much time in CAS because there were several townie birthdays to deal with and wanted to close my game before it gave up on me! Here are before and after shots of her immediately after aging up. Hair and makeup make a lot of difference!

50077564172_5f283c2b02_o.jpg
    50077313786_724c0b308d_o.jpg
  • FrankieDanySIMSFrankieDanySIMS Posts: 152 Member
    Ok... I could post an experiment: I got a couple and the husband is not handsome at all...so I made them adopt a japanese sweet toddler... I may try to see if their own child would be nice!!! ihihihi ;)
    7b98023048724ecd9dea27351744b46c.png
    @FrankieDanySIMS I see you are now a member which means you can post pics. Looking forward to seeing your sims :)
    Rose and Daphne's older brother, Douglas, aged up to YA the same night as the twins became teens.
    50077046193_c560512832_o.jpg

And here's Opal's birthday close-up :) I had to wait forever for her to make a neutral expression because she kept doing the artistic idle :|
    50077864312_f50fe58342_o.jpg
    edited July 2020
    Opal's really pretty :smile: .

I'm quite tired tonight, so I'll just post a pic of what I mentioned further above, which concerns the possible source of Coral's and Herb's first adoptive son, Oliver, whom I mostly play in the Pleasantview save. Here he is shown with Skip and Brandi Broke, whose three regular sons are shown on the last page. He reminds me of Richard from last page, just with Brandi's eyes instead of mostly Skip's, which all other sons got (he's got Skip's eye color though, if I see that correctly). As with the other three, the match isn't perfect, as all three were edited later and I messed up Skip's nose height. The reason may be that I edited the adult versions of Brandi and Skip, which was probably a mistake.
    Oliver
    v9Qn6WX.jpg
    Richard again, just for comparison:
    PM4LMZG.jpg
    Well, it's just a guess.
    Thanks @Turjan :)
    I can see what you mean about the similarities between Oliver and Richard!
    Slip and Oliver's eye colour does appear to be the same but that could be because they are using a preset eye colour which many premades and generated sims have.
    I am sure that when I have used MC to have sims in town adopt kids that are needed for partners for extended family that I have noticed that they have used the genetics of sims from my library. Perhaps this is what happened with Oliver?
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    @Mikezumi your sims are so epic! Mine are.... meh. :pensive: But I'm trying! I edited a townie but kept some things(small things, but still) from her previous look.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    @HillyBeth Practice makes perfect! It's not so much that my sims are epic but I know how to use CC.
    edited July 2020
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    Thanks @Turjan :)
    I am sure that when I have used MC to have sims in town adopt kids that are needed for partners for extended family that I have noticed that they have used the genetics of sims from my library. Perhaps this is what happened with Oliver?
    Who knows. I am relatively (but not 100%) sure I had emptied the Library and the Saved Sims folders, so I could edit the Pleasantview sims without them interfering with existing versions (like Mortimer or Bella). However, those library items have the tendency to creep back in from the merged data files, so I'm not sure.

The idea mostly came from the later three adoptions, who looked like one of the existing maids and a different character, sims who I wouldn't have in my library, because quite a few of their sliders were maxed out (quite grotesquely so, I may add). As a last try, I should probably look how the original (pre-edit) Brandi looks gender-swapped. Anyway, it's not really anything important. It just piqued my curiosity.

Edit: Tried to load the original save about 5 times, didn't succeed and gave up. However, for the edited Brandi Broke, the answer is a definite "No!". I remembered that the women here got "prettied up" by giving them full cheeks that don't look very good on their male children. Anyway, reduced the cheek fulness and saved to bin (has nothing to do with genetics though).
    j1SHpyo.jpg
    Yes, I know... much to weak jaw and chin for your liking :wink: .
    Post edited by Turjan on
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @Mikezumi : you recommended me this thread and I have to say: I´m envy now. :D
    You and all the others have such good looking Sims!!!
    I´ve put the new mod in my game, too, and my family founders are already pregnat, so I will see what this new mod is able to make out of them soon. (I just have to wait a bit, because my pregnancies last a bit longer than the normal 3 days)
    @Turjan He looks good! It's not that I don't like weaker jaws because I have some sims with weaker jaws that I do love but it simply didn't suit Leo - at least for me.

@AlexaKry Looking forward to seeing your new baby/ies :) This thread is about genetics generally so you don't have to wait until you get a mod baby, I am also interested in seeing parents with their children from EA genetics so please feel free to post anytime you like :)
    Thank you :)
    edited July 2020
    @Mikezumi Just kidding. Also, from my point of view, his main "fault" is that he's rather generically good-looking. There's really nothing specific to grasp your eyes.
    @Turjan It's true that he doesn't have any outstanding features but good looking is good looking! :D The problem is that without uneven sliders, sims are symmetrical. I love using asymmetrical sliders to give my sims a bent nose or a crooked smile.
    edited July 2020
    @Turjan Here are a few examples where the uneven features make the sim - at least in my opinion :D

Paul's nose leans to one side and one side of his upper lip is higher than the other.
    45594723652_934f8a8679_o.jpg

Jason just wouldn't be the same if his eyes didn't point in different directions!
    45110514374_7c32c65077_o.jpg

Josh wouldn't be Josh if his mouth didn't droop on one side!
    48353024526_a8f1465d11_o.jpg
    Post edited by Mikezumi on