Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I love genetics!

Comments

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Josh and Zumi's fifth child, Keoni, just aged up to teen :) He is mostly Josh but the ears are definitely Zumi's :)
    33693335978_1eab48cbee_o.jpg

Their sixth child, Iolana, just aged up to child. She is mostly Josh with Zumi's nose :)
    47517222032_e7d89012d3_o.jpg
    Paul and Ian's son, Pan, just aged up to teen. He is mostly Ian but has Paul's face shape.

Paul
    32638417928_eb902b82b8_o.jpg

Ian
    32638416378_fa7e97b10f_o.jpg

47580088612_362385c9c7_o.jpg
    33755592458_04e87676e7_o.jpg
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited April 2019
    I'm trying to pick a founder for my legacy challenge.
    Carson Lowell and Annabeth Collins are my two candidates for 'Founder'.

**Edit**
    I just realized I made their tops in their everyday wear the same color as each sims' eyes and I made their tops for their Outerwear the same color as the opposite sims' eyes.(Carson's OW top is blue while Annabeth's is green)

33775399798_868e03ea4b_o.jpg
    33775399278_ae4c49f813_o.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    edited April 2019
    @Mikezumi I chose Carson and he's dating Madison VanWatson! They just moved in together. Does she make cute kids, or should I edit her?
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    @HillyBeth I have never met a premade that I didn't think needed editing but that doesn't mean they aren't perfectly okay for other players. Having said that, Madison VanWatson makes what I would consider ugly children. Of course, they could turn out just fine when mixed with the genetics of your sims. I really don't know what you would consider acceptable.
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @HillyBeth I have never met a premade that I didn't think needed editing but that doesn't mean they aren't perfectly okay for other players. Having said that, Madison VanWatson makes what I would consider ugly children. Of course, they could turn out just fine when mixed with the genetics of your sims. I really don't know what you would consider acceptable.

Well, I'm gonna take a few pounds off her and change her wardrobe and hair. I already changed her traits. Lol!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    edited April 2019
    @HillyBeth Weight aside, her nose is problematic if a son should inherit it. You may have noticed that the daughters of small nosed males end up with REALLY SMALL noses. This is because the scaling down of female features is extremely exaggerated in my opinion. I actually like a more substantial nose on a female but it is blown way out of proportion when inherited by males unless you use gender-specific CC sliders. I found an old pic of Madison in her original state. I thought I had one of her male counterpart as well but it must have got lost over time. Take her into CAS and do a gender switch to see what I mean.

30hng5l.jpg%22width=640%22

@HillyBeth I took Madison's weight down to the midway mark and then gender-swapped her so you could see how any sons might potentially look. The nose is wider than the mouth! :# But, if that's your cup of tea, who am I to judge? ;)
    47604006152_e98777389a_o.jpg
    @HillyBeth I took Madison's weight down to the midway mark and then gender-swapped her so you could see how any sons might potentially look. The nose is wider than the mouth! :# But, if that's your cup of tea, who am I to judge? ;)
    47604006152_e98777389a_o.jpg

Lol. I'm gonna give her a little reconstruction. I *might* keep her hair and eye color the same though.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited April 2019
    Noses are the first thing I fix. I haven't raised many girls, yet, but this is the honker that Dana Honeycutt inherited from Dane and Donovan. I actually like it just fine, though it is certainly... distinctive. I might edit bridge width down a tad for her.

YJq4joL.jpg

Here is Madison VanWatson-Lowell's before and after CAS pics. I kept her eye color, but her original hair looked like she dumped paint on her head, so I gave her red hair! She ages up in 10 days so I'll be aging Carson up then as well, they just had a son named Matthew. <3
    Before
    46943033434_094a66f3cb_o.jpg
    After
    47614302752_8d46bee4a7_o.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    @Sindocat Dana's nose isn't bad. The bridge is a little wide but not terribly.

@HillyBeth You really took to Madison with the knife! :D
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    edited April 2019
    @HillyBeth Wow; that’s a huge difference! You might as well have just created a sim for Carson to marry!
    Here's the first-born! Matthew Lowell becomes a child in less than 24 hours and his parents gave him TWO sisters! Yup, Madison had twins! I gave only her Fertility Treatment for this to happen. <3
    (I also downloaded a new default skin, which I'm actually liking)
    47618151382_f09e7071bf_o.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    @HillyBeth Congrats on the birth of Matthew and the twins :) Who do they look like?

Matthew looks like his mother, with his father's green eyes and I don't know who the girls look like yet.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    Here's the first-born! Matthew Lowell becomes a child in less than 24 hours and his parents gave him TWO sisters! Yup, Madison had twins! I gave only her Fertility Treatment for this to happen. <3

I'm nosy and wanna know which skin you're trying out lol
    edited April 2019
    HillyBeth wrote: »

I'm nosy and wanna know which skin you're trying out lol

Let me see if I can find it.

Here's the right link!
    https://brntwaffles.tumblr.com/post/63036054897/this-skin-was-an-attempt-to-recreate-liliths
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    Matthew Lowell became a teen and he's a HOTTIE!!!
    (gonna change his hairstyle back to this one)
    47741736821_a7dbdbc335_o.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • wsteffi30wsteffi30 Posts: 115 Member

Hi @Hillybeth. Matthew is cute. I love what you did with Madison. I can't wait to see the twins.
    wsteffi30 wrote: »

Hi @Hillybeth. Matthew is cute. I love what you did with Madison. I can't wait to see the twins.

Me too. They both look like their mother and will be Children today.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    I set up Risky woohoo to be 25% effective..... Madison isn't pregnant. It's fine by me though, as Matt ages up again in two week and the twins will be starting school soon, themselves.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    @HillyBeth Happy birthday Matthew! I see he has his mother's nose but I was wondering if the mouth was from his dad.
    edited May 2019
    Cassidy Lowell(Twin A)
    47714888152_aef37c34b4_o.jpg

Parker Lowell(Twin Bee)(because a smile face appeared. Lol)
    40801154963_e2bd063dda_o.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays