Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I love genetics!

Comments

• cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited February 2019
    The Hardison family

WFXYvRK.jpg

kids aged up to YA

hGjW97i.jpg

7NZbiSV.jpg
    Post edited by cwaddell on
    edited February 2019
    The Brenner family in my Cape Garner Island game

oBs9VfY.jpg

son aged up to YA
    VLuWWR9.jpg
    Post edited by cwaddell on
    edited February 2019
    The Chapman family (the father is a strawberry-blond version of Gunther Goth)

g14UoDF.jpg

the daughters aged up to YA
    oOkx89i.jpg

FlVDPEu.jpg

The Mamoa family
    lTtbWeR.jpg

son aged up to YA
    AKKzjiS.jpg

The Forman family

l92xmi8.jpg

son aged up to YA

SU6x0W9.jpg

Jensen family

FWLtsoB.jpg

kids aged up to YA

Bfurnif.jpg

xHpywcE.jpg

The Lemieux family

U9SB3Cu.jpg

daughters aged up to YA
    8gFICX1.jpg

1gCkCqU.jpg
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @cwaddell : your families are so pretty. :)
    :) Smile!

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @bebasim Thanks :) I hope things settle for you and that you find more time for simming :) Did you get TS3 working again?
    Your family looks great! Blake looks very masculine! :)

@cwaddell Your families are lovely :)
    I really like the father in the Chapman family! I have always had a soft spot for Gunther :) I can see him in the first daughter :)
    Lovely seeing the genetics at work in your families :)
    Jason and Josh's sons recently had birthdays.

Josh and Jason
    46087588552_b0a2624eb6_o.jpg

Jaxon is now a YA
    47004873101_cba2a68849_o.jpg

Jay is now a teen
    47004872731_500e0018f1_o.jpg
    edited February 2019
    Puddinroy wrote: »
    @cwaddell : your families are so pretty. :)
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @cwaddell Your families are lovely :)
    I really like the father in the Chapman family! I have always had a soft spot for Gunther :) I can see him in the first daughter :)
    Lovely seeing the genetics at work in your families :)

Thank you both.

I like Gunter also. He has strong facial features that are different. I also used a tweaked version of Anoki Moon as the father in the Hardison family and a tweaked Jamie Jolie as the mother in the Burnham family.

I played the game in Cape Garner Islands specifically to generate families with kids that could be saved and used in other worlds, especially those with no population. I started with 12 male and 12 female young adult sims. I played one female sim and just left story progression to match up the others and to generate the kids. After letting them age up to adult there was one couple left who kept getting together and then breaking up so I got 11 families out of the experiment.

ETA: The game seems to make the sons more like their fathers and the daughters more like their mothers, but not always.
  • korsetkorset Posts: 398 Member
    edited February 2019
    My Kemple family

the parents:
    idpmgFQ.jpg

the kids:
    the only child to get Ruby eye color
    kgLftzz.jpg

mCgEuiX.jpg
    spitting image of his grandpa
    qvHi5tV.jpg

the heiress
    lzxRYcw.jpg
  • wsteffi30wsteffi30 Posts: 115 Member

Everyone's families all look so nice. All the sims are really great looking.
  • aglitteringsimmeraglitteringsimmer Posts: 56 Member
    This is great! Thats one of the best things about the sims, you get to see your sims grow up but there is also such a strong sense of family and genetics. Its awesome seeing them evolve and how similar yet unique they look!
    An average simmer wasting her life away
    --just kidding, will find a photo of my fave sim soon--
    edited February 2019
    @cwaddell I wouldn't know if the game makes sons more like their fathers and daughters like their mothers because I always play same gender couples. I will have to check out the townies to see if I notice it.

@korset Your family are lovely :) The green eyes are stunning! Love the grumpy face on the first son pictured :D

@aglitteringsimmer I populate all my saves so I keep tabs on the townie genetics as well as the active family and, after a few generations, I love playing a guessing game when I take sims into CAS on their toddler birthdays to age them up for a sneak peek to see if I can guess which of the original townies they are descended from :)
    Post edited by Mikezumi on
  • bebasimbebasim Posts: 581 Member
    @cwaddell - your families are gorgeous, you have some stunning children there <3

@Mikezumi - sadly no re sims3 I did remove everything and when i started placing some contents again... i had the same problem I guess my sims3 days might have come to an end. I do miss university and the games, Playing Vanilla isn't interesting for me especially after 2 years playing Jagger. But i had a friend recreate him for sims4... and sims4 has taken over with the mods and all i can do, i guess having updates helps too - so hoping he starts a life in here for me.

RE Blake thank you - He is my first vampire creation i am happy how he's come out and he certainly has given me some interesting events and some gorgeous progeny to date :)

@korset - your family is gorgeous!!! <3 love love their eyes

I agree everyone's families and genetics are looking amazing! really is a great thread i love coming back to just to see who is having what in their games <3

• aglitteringsimmeraglitteringsimmer Posts: 56 Member
    @Mikezumi That's a great idea! I'm always secretly please when my sims have a cool hair colour and the kids end up with the same :)
    An average simmer wasting her life away
    --just kidding, will find a photo of my fave sim soon--
    While Jaxon and Jay were both teens they got stuck together while catching the school bus. When they came apart it was a great opportunity to see how different they were from each other :)
    46901334182_e9b377af70_o.jpg
    46953486411_61cb07c48b_o.jpg
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Speaking of Teens... I had never peeked at Devon, eldest son of Ean and Teague (Ean being the eldest son of Dane and Donovan, with whom I started my genetics blending). But I aged up my 3rd Gen heir today, and finally got a look.

1yDtuEM.jpg

eLVpiXP.jpg

Definitely Ean's nose (I already knew he had his coloration), but definitely not a clone. He has Teague's eye-shape, and possibly that's where he got his worried wooly-worm eyebrows. I never see Teague's eyebrows because a.) his hair is in his face and b.) he's blonde. I wouldn't have picked these, but I will keep them.

I did pick the clothes, and the hair (in the latter case, staying close to his kid hair). His age-up hair and clothes were awful, but the screencap didn't take, so no "Nope!" shot.

I think he's a keeper. :)
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I need to invite Grandpa Dane for a visit, and pose them all side-by-side, because especially in my eldest, his looks have predominated. but with notable differences. But yeah - they haven't produced an ugly baby yet. :D
    Lara, the daughter of Jared Frio and Alec (a sim of my making) aged up to YA recently and was added to the active household so I could get her set up before she married one of my spares :)

I have posted this pic before but it's a couple pages back and I have added it again to show the genetics
    31504914868_dcf661e729_o.jpg
    Another previously posted pic of Lara as a teen
    31683060227_8c67415af6_o.jpg
    Lara as YA. She doesn't look much different than when she was a teen. All she got from Jared was his mouth.
    47004871981_e730403b90_o.jpg

• korsetkorset Posts: 398 Member
    edited February 2019
    @Mikezumi thank you and who is that dark haired guy in the back. i dont know why but he just draws my attention lol
    blah forgot about lara she is gorgeous

@bebasim thank you and what problems are you having with sims?

@Sindocat he looks cute
    @korset The dark haired guy in the back is the ever-beautiful Mortimer Goth <3 Thanks :)