Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I want to delete this.

EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
I want to delete this.
Post edited by EpicSims on

Comments

• Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited December 2016
    Have a look in the Speculation and Rumor section and you'll find plenty of speculation on the next Game Pack being about Vampires (so many proofs of it that the only thing missing is an official confirmation by the gurus).
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I want to delete this.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    However, @EpicSims, it's probably only vampires that are coming to us soon - at least that's what it looks like, but again, no official confirmation
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I want to delete this.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Guru confirmation is over rated when they patch in a crazy amount of code having to do with Vampires.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    @EpicSims yeah looks like it - but hey, that might actually be a good thing, seems like they might be pretty fleshed out. As long as we get witches too, I'm cool with it. :D
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    I'm all for new content, but I hope they aren't just making a GP with vampires only... :neutral:
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    I'm still waiting for toddlers, myself …
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    xJawdinxJawdin Posts: 42 Member
    I NEED witches in my life. they were my favorite part of the sims 3.
    tumblr_ncmw3fJCnf1sz111so1_250.gif
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I feel like what they might end up doing is instead of intergrating supernaturals into EPs, they'll get their own GP which is a better choice since the focus will primarily be on them and all of the resources will go to that supernatural.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    pamy1124pamy1124 Posts: 525 Member
    xJawdin wrote: »

Me too. After getting supernatural, every family I made were witches. They're my favorite life state to play.
    tumblr_mepseko5hO1r4j4oj.gif
  • Options
    SoniaSimmerSoniaSimmer Posts: 85 Member

I've seen new icons in thesims4studio among which there is one representing a witch's hat, so I hope they're also included in this GP :)
    Though if it only includes vampires and they plan on releasing individual GP for each creature, I'll only get the vampire and witch ones. It'd be too much paying for every single supernatural creature.
    resubida_zps0kskeuy1.gif

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2016
    EpicSims wrote: »
    ONLY VAMPIRES....!!?? Nooooo Way!!!.....no...
    Thanks anyway, @SimTrippy
    Looking forward to gurus' confirmation!!

This may be the only GP with any life state in it. I will take what I can get. However, maybe they are thinking this is enough for the life states and build a Magic EP later with spells etc. Who knows, they seem to want to implement plenty of Olympus stuff into this game which some of that gameplay was based upon gaining and spending experience. Maybe they took those ideas from Olympus and decided they could still keep some of that code and apply it to vampires. We have no idea what they are salvaging from Olympus but so far they have salvaged quite a bit of Olympus gameplay such as linear lists, tiny districts, the Sims in that game, and how they applied emotions to everything. I think this may have more to do with salvaging 'experience' elements of Olympus than it actually does with building vampires. They could use that code in a way that vampires survive or die etc. by the experience they gain or spend. Who knows.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    As Long as the Vamps,witches,werewolves,zombies, plant sims, ect come into the sims 4, I do not really care how they finally show up, as long as they Do, as well as Pets and Seasons :)
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't think every occult will get it's own GP. Some just don't have the history or depth to warrant their own GP. We are getting a vampire GP and I think witches would come in a GP. Fairies and werewolves could be combined into one GP and everything else could come in an EP. But that's just my opinion.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I don't think every occult will get it's own GP. Some just don't have the history or depth to warrant their own GP. We are getting a vampire GP and I think witches would come in a GP. Fairies and werewolves could be combined into one GP and everything else could come in an EP. But that's just my opinion.

Or maybe different supernaturals this time around -- fairies were a bit problematic from a graphical standpoint (particularly the wings), but maybe something like elves that would have similar abilities to fairies, just no wings, would be doable.

One of my big problems with the Supernatural EP is that it was almost supernatural overkill. There was too much in the pack -- I spent all my time with just one or two of the supernaturals and ignored most of the others. And then with University Life when every single roommate was some sort of occult, then half the campus got "zombified" on the full moon till I installed the no-zombies mod, it was insane.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

I've seen new icons in thesims4studio among which there is one representing a witch's hat, so I hope they're also included in this GP :)
    Though if it only includes vampires and they plan on releasing individual GP for each creature, I'll only get the vampire and witch ones. It'd be too much paying for every single supernatural creature.

I think I saw it shown here that those icons weren't actually new.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited December 2016
    The witches hat has been around since the Halloween Spooky Stuff pack first came out.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options

Or maybe different supernaturals this time around -- fairies were a bit problematic from a graphical standpoint (particularly the wings), but maybe something like elves that would have similar abilities to fairies, just no wings, would be doable.

One of my big problems with the Supernatural EP is that it was almost supernatural overkill. There was too much in the pack -- I spent all my time with just one or two of the supernaturals and ignored most of the others. And then with University Life when every single roommate was some sort of occult, then half the campus got "zombified" on the full moon till I installed the no-zombies mod, it was insane.

I can see where fairies could be a problem, but after vampires, witches and werewolves, I'd be fine with whatever occult they send our way.
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member

I can see where fairies could be a problem, but after vampires, witches and werewolves, I'd be fine with whatever occult they send our way.

That's pretty much how I feel, too. I'm happy with a Gamepack for vampires and a Gamepack for witches/magic (and maybe hopefully the return of TS1 Magic Town?). Any other occults could come in EPs as far as I'm concerned. The only others I really want anyway are werewolves and maybe fairies. I think that werewolves could feasibly come with Pets and fairies in a Seasons EP instead of the boring plantsims.

"It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I'm with Lady Cottington when it comes to fairies

lady-cottingtons-pressed-fairy-book-750.jpg

Pressed-Faerie_12x16-10.jpg
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Alchemy I hope add it for witche GP or Making Magic GP
    And no a special stove, else any stove like Herbalism from Outdoor Retreat
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited December 2016
    My issue with witches in Sims 3 was everything that made them unique was available to all sims except for their spells.

Broom riding could be used by all sims, their excuse was the magic was in the broom. No.. Witches would make their own brooms and imbue it with their magic, ordinary people couldn't fly with them.

Alchemy was also available to all sims and not just witches, which I actually don't mind too well.

Sure witches did both better than normal Sims but broomsticks should be strictly witches, alchemy I don't mind available for all sims, but they need some exclusive potions only witches can make.

I do however like that they got rid of reagents from sims 2 and replaced it with a magic meter. My Sims would grind days for reagents to cast spells or spend hours buying them. I really miss the witch furniture though, especially how good witches would die in an evil throne and vice versa.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    I agree, Witchy things should be kept for just witches.
  • Options
    My issue with witches in Sims 3 was everything that made them unique was available to all sims except for their spells.

Broom riding could be used by all sims, their excuse was the magic was in the broom. No.. Witches would make their own brooms and imbue it with their magic, ordinary people couldn't fly with them.

Alchemy was also available to all sims and not just witches, which I actually don't mind too well.

Sure witches did both better than normal Sims but broomsticks should be strictly witches, alchemy I don't mind available for all sims, but they need some exclusive potions only witches can make.

I do however like that they got rid of reagents from sims 2 and replaced it with a magic meter. My Sims would grind days for reagents to cast spells or spend hours buying them. I really miss the witch furniture though, especially how good witches would die in an evil throne and vice versa.

Agreed. Also, with the potions, I always felt potions made by witches should be more potent than those made by mere mortals (last longer, for example, or that potions should in fact have a success rate so that lower-skilled or human-made potions don't always do what they're supposed to or may even have side-effects).