Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Sims at Retail and Restaurant lots

At Retail lots nobody will turn up. At all. At restaurant lots no staff are there and Sims who spawn on the lot will just wait by the host station. I'm not sure if it's just my game or a glitch.

I do have cc and mods in my game but if I took my mods folder out I would literally die. I haven't added any new mods to my game recently, the lots just stopped working randomly.

Comments

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited December 2016
    Is this every retail lot or just some / one of them? And also, out of curiosity, where are they?

Also, if it is mods, split them up into groups to more quickly identify the culprit instead of taking them out and adding them all in one by one :)
  • jacknchloejacknchloe Posts: 239 Member
    I had the same problem and ended up bulldozing that restaurant and placing a new one and it worked.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    @jacknchloe where did you have this issue? I noticed that when I replaced the karaoke bar with a restaurant at the spice market, every time there's a festival, there will be no one at the restaurant serving food anymore lol. As soon as it ends, they come back. I wonder if this can be fixed ... :D
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    Hello
    It would be good to move the mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.
    Whilst you don't have the mods folder in your game and are testing , come out of the game without saving.

• jacknchloejacknchloe Posts: 239 Member
    @SimTrippy My issue was in Newcrest if I remember correctly. One of the lots thats on the right hand side.
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    @jacknchloe where did you have this issue? I noticed that when I replaced the karaoke bar with a restaurant at the spice market, every time there's a festival, there will be no one at the restaurant serving food anymore lol. As soon as it ends, they come back. I wonder if this can be fixed ... :D

If the lots could be "closed" throughout the duration of the festival that'd be great. Or they could make it an uneditable lot, kinda like the Von Haunt estate. Otherwise, I can't see this issue being rectified.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif