Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Renovation/Make-Over Mayhem Challenge! - Week 1 Winners have been posted!

Comments

• Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Hi @DolphineQ - I found a nice WL here

#13 is pretty Indian drapes. 75 pts.
    #6 is a nice lounger. 110 pts
    #3 is a rose. 30 pts

You'll have some leftover points to throw back in the pot. Thank you again to @Lucyena for sharing the points, to such nice sponsors for making it possible, and to those of you who love to run contests!
  • Options
    creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    Have the house almost finished, but this morning I had to leave for work with the save still thinking about it after about half an hour... so I'm not sure if I've lost a chunk of work or not :s

But either way I should have it all done and up by Saturday, even if I have to re-do some of it, at least the bulk of it is done. Mostly it was just recoloring and fussing a bit.

I do still continue to fail at remembering to take my 'before' pictures, y'know, *before*. I end up having to start a new game just so I can snap some before pictures afterward! :D
  • Options
    I was curious if we could include bin homes. There are some interesting base game bin homes to do over too.

@creativemetaphor - great choice with the Myrtle one. That's one I always do-over too to make it affordable as a starter.
  • Options
    ciane wrote: »
    @creativemetaphor - great choice with the Myrtle one. That's one I always do-over too to make it affordable as a starter.

LOL Well I'm certainly not making it affordable, I've stretched my 50k budget to the breaking point, but I'm really happy with the result, and I might play this one for a while after the contest! I never would have thought of making over this floor plan before but that's what I'm loving about these contests, they're so inspirational :relaxed:
  • Options
    DolphineQDolphineQ Posts: 1,799 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    I love following threads like this. I love how people design and overhaul EA lots.

Great job everyone and I'm hoping to participate at some point.

@DolphineQ - I'm in the mood to spread some Simsmas cheer - are you after sponsors at all? :mrgreen:
    Ooooh sweetheart @aricarai, sponsors are always welcome! :smiley:
    I love this too. And seeing the creativity of everyone here is just so inspirering, so many ideas on how to make EA houses more inviting and nice float around and I just wanna build, build, build.

Please share and support me in my work with rescue cats! https://www.gofundme.com/DolphineQCats

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Got 500sp for you @DolphineQ :wink: Let me know who and when to gift!
  • Options

#3 is a rose. 30 pts

You'll have some leftover points to throw back in the pot. Thank you again to @Lucyena for sharing the points, to such nice sponsors for making it possible, and to those of you who love to run contests!
    That is a nice WL indeed and I have now gifted the items, with a little note from you ;).

Running contests like this is really a lot of fun, I am always in awe at what everyone makes!
    Please share and support me in my work with rescue cats! https://www.gofundme.com/DolphineQCats

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    I was curious if we could include bin homes. There are some interesting base game bin homes to do over too.

Yes, you can use bin homes if you wish to. You're right, there are some cute homes in the bin too :).

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    aricarai wrote: »
    Got 500sp for you @DolphineQ :wink: Let me know who and when to gift!
    I am adding you to the sponsor section. Thank you, sweetie! <3

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    DolphineQ wrote: »

Yes, you can use bin homes if you wish to. You're right, there are some cute homes in the bin too :).

This will open a whole new area to go explore, I tend to not look at the bin houses! Good idea!
  • Options
    Are half-walls treated the same as fences? Can we delete them? Can we swap them for fencing?
  • Options
    Are half-walls treated the same as fences? Can we delete them? Can we swap them for fencing?

During Make-Over Week, you can do what ever you please :smiley:.
    During Renovation Week, half-walls are treated like fences. You can delete them or swap them for fencing :).

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Well, I lost more than I thought I had - apparently I was very productive this morning! But I've restored it and have done my play test and taken all my screen shots! Well, except for those pesky 'before' shots. Sorted! :mrgreen:

entry done!

before-front.jpg
    before-roof.jpg
    before-1.jpg

Your name: creativemetaphor

Lot name and address in game: Myrtle Bungalow , 3 Sun Song Ave - New Name: Rosings Park

Lot price before:24,201

Lot price after: 66,263

World: Sunset Valley

Link to thread with pictures/slideshow: Rosings Park pictures

Link to download: Rosings Park

Additional info: When I read the description for Myrtle Bungalow, "Cozy and livable, this compact house is packed with potential for the home remodeler while retaining its Victorian charm" I was instantly inspired to do just that and restore this house to its Victorian glory!

I left the original siding intact and carried that beautiful teal color through around the outside, accented with yellow scalloped shingles and a rose-pink door!
    Post edited by creativemetaphor on
  • Options
    LucyenaLucyena Posts: 916 Member

#3 is a rose. 30 pts

@ciane, you are welcome! It is so sweet of you that you share it!

• Options
    @creativemetaphor, what an awesome make-over! I love the kitchen and the impressive layout. Great job! :)
  • Options
    @lucyena Thank you! I would love to have that kitchen myself. :grin: I love the old country feeling kitchens with hutches and stuff!
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    REALLY nice job @creativemetaphor!

By the way, have you ever heard of a the free upload image changer (UIC) program? It lets you swap out the EA upload pics with screenshots or other .png images. And, it's super easy to use. Mine is on my desktop. I click on the icon and then I open an export file. I replace each pic with a screenshot or one I've edited in GIMP - another free program!
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    internet hiccup - lol
  • Options
    @ciane Thank you!! :mrgreen:

And no? but that explains how all those pretty pictures get on the exchange, I had wondered! Is it just called UIC or are there specific ones out there?
  • Options
    @creativemetaphor
    I've got the UIC = Upload Image Changer from Zinda: http://www.zindasgoldensims.com/
    But make sure that you scan the file for viruses before installing.
  • Options
    Lucyena wrote: »
    @creativemetaphor
    I've got the UIC = Upload Image Changer from Zinda: http://www.zindasgoldensims.com/
    But make sure that you scan the file for viruses before installing.

Eep! But thank you, I'lll look into it
  • Options
    Have a magic and blessed Christmas Eve! And a very Merry Christmas to all of you! <3

animiertes-weihnachtshaus-bild-0061.gif
  • Options
    Have a fantastic, fun and fabulous Christmas, everyone! <3
    Sending lots of hugs, from all the kitties and me.

336263056_1888531.gif?4

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    Merry Christmas everyone!

Your name: Kgaff

Lot name and address in game: Raggio del Sole - 2 br, 1.5ba, 1 Sun Song Ave
    Lot price before: 55,296

Lot price after: 105,197 (out of budget of 105,296 - 55,296 + 50,000= 105,296)

World: Sunset Valley

Screenshot-81_zps47v6cblw.jpg
    Screenshot-77_zpsvjs0rovz.jpg
    Screenshot-78_zpsctxs3zgl.jpg

Link to thread with pictures/slideshow: http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/KGaff/slideshow/Raggio del Sole

Link to download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9024343

Additional info: The name "Raggio del Sole" means "sunbeam" in Italian. The EA version of this house had little to do with the sun save for the yellow color of the living room.
    To make this house more "sunbeam" like I used the Sun windows, made the outside a sunny yellow with light blue ceilings and brought those sunny and sky colors into the living room. I replaced the small windows with larger floor to ceiling ones and painted the front door a welcoming red.

My husband and I just took to a trip to Charleston SC and toured some of the gorgeous mansions of that lovely town. I used the inspiration of some of homes I saw to renovate this house in the old southern style with a wide wrap around veranda. We saw a lot of renovations going on and learned that the ceilings of all the verandas are painted sky blue. At one time this was a superstition to ward off evil spirits but was found in fact to discourage birds and wasps from building nests.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    @Kgaff How beautiful!!! A much better interpretation of the name, it's such a lovely house for the beach view (and may I say, a delightful 'neighbor' to mine!)

I adore that wrap-around porch! Your colors and decor add such an elegant air to the beach theme, too.