Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More News on Vampires (12/10/16)

Comments

• Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    they should have hired actual actors & actors actually good at bodily & facial expressions

all TS4 body expressions are undecided, fuzzy, uncommitted, distanced & at times even simply bad
    but it fits all the fakes, FX & backdrops of course

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    thank you for the info OP
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »

Looks interesting but too bad, I have no interest in fantasy life states.
  • Options
    blugar44blugar44 Posts: 229 Member
    they should have hired actual actors & actors actually good at bodily & facial expressions

all TS4 body expressions are undecided, fuzzy, uncommitted, distanced & at times even simply bad
    but it fits all the fakes, FX & backdrops of course

...yeesh
  • Options
    revgrvrevgrv Posts: 225 Member
    I have mixed feelings on this, the walk implies the vamps are gonna be closer to Sims 2 than 3 so more old-school. I did really like the urban vibe the vampires in Sims 3 had though.
    &PHgr;
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Not sure if it's my computer or if it is intended or just me, but they look to be walking uber slow, almost like zombies. Maybe it's a hybrid! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    There is absolutely no coding being found for zombies. Why are people trying to shove zombies in with vampires? If we never get zombies like we had in S3, I'll be happy. Talk about over doing a good thing. Can't you all just be happy with vampires for now? If they shove zombies into this GP, then that's less coding for vampires which means fewer choices or fewer objects. I want more choices and more objects.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    All I am going to say about this topic is this> If the info is true that we are getting Vampires and such, then I say it is about dang time, Other then that I wont get on the hype train until EA and Maxis says it is official.
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    There is absolutely no coding being found for zombies. Why are people trying to shove zombies in with vampires? If we never get zombies like we had in S3, I'll be happy. Talk about over doing a good thing. Can't you all just be happy with vampires for now? If they shove zombies into this GP, then that's less coding for vampires which means fewer choices or fewer objects. I want more choices and more objects.

If the bolded is aimed at me, I wasn't shoving zombies in with vampires, I was merely making an observation of what the walk looked like to me. And I did caveat that with the fact that it could be my laptop being slow.
  • Options
    aricarai wrote: »

If the bolded is aimed at me, I wasn't shoving zombies in with vampires, I was merely making an observation of what the walk looked like to me. And I did caveat that with the fact that it could be my laptop being slow.

My comment was aimed at anyone trying to shove zombies in with vampires. If that's you, then yes, it was aimed at you, if it isn't you, then no, it wasn't aimed at you. But if you think it was, well, just sayin'.......
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    edited December 2016
    The animation does look zombi-ish; especially with the sound effects that were found and that dead brainless facial expression.
    Does EA not know the difference between zombies and vampires?
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    Not sure if it's my computer or if it is intended or just me, but they look to be walking uber slow, almost like zombies. Maybe it's a hybrid! :mrgreen:

It's definitely your computer. She was walking really slow for me too like she was loading and then she started going a little faster.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited December 2016
    Calm the heck down. I think it looks too much like a zombie animation, too, and I REALLY REALLY hope that walk is optional in our games. If every vampire walks like that all the time and we can't change it, I will be REALLY disappointed!

• Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    I'm thinking it will be optional like all the other walk styles makes no sense for it to be non-optional. I too would be really disappointed if it was forced no reason to do such a thing. I would definitely use it for some vampires, but not all for sure.
  • Options
    Penelope wrote: »
    Calm the heck down. I think it looks too much like a zombie animation, too, and I REALLY REALLY hope that walk is optional in our games. If every vampire walks like that all the time and we can't change it, I will be REALLY disappointed!

I think that walk style can be used on vampires or zombies or any weird and wacky creature you can think up. I hope it is not in the walk style category but a walk that vampires do when stalking or something along those lines. However, it will most likely be a new walk style because I don't see them adding new walk styles all that often, so it should be one that has many uses for many creatures.
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited December 2016
    It doesn't look like a zombie walk at all to me. Zombies drag their feet and walk with their arms down (some old school zombies do walk with their arms held out straight in front of them like mummies but the animation is different from that too). They walk awkwardly almost zig zagging because they're uncoordinated. Zombies usually tilt their head at weird angles and their jaw is usually broken or dislocated.
    Nothing in that animation is representative of zombies to me.

In my opinion that animation shows some old school vampire stalking. My guess is that vampires will walk normally but when they are about to attack a prey they'll switch to stalk mode and walk like this.
    Post edited by Pixelsimmer on
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    It is totally a classic vampire walk, not a zombie.
    I think many people here have the glamorized concept of vampires that became extremely popular with the movie Interview with the Vampire.
    But in classic cinema and in classic literature, vampires were far from stylish sexy beings.
    The walk style found in the files seems to me like an homage to Bela Lugosi's Dracula. I think it's brilliant!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    edited December 2016
    I'm beyond exited!
    EDIT: Looks like they will be going for TS2 vampires.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I think many people here have the glamorized concept of vampires that became extremely popular with the movie Interview with the Vampire.
    But in classic cinema and in classic literature, vampires were far from stylish sexy beings.
    The walk style found in the files seems to me like an homage to Bela Lugosi's Dracula. I think it's brilliant!

I can only hope they bring back classic vampires in this game. To me, there is nothing sexy about a fiend. So, bring on the creepy, gross, scary, mind tripping, evil vampires.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Cinebar wrote: »

I can only hope they bring back classic vampires in this game. To me, there is nothing sexy about a fiend. So, bring on the creepy, gross, scary, mind tripping, evil vampires.

Murderous. Don't forget murderous!! :p i want my vampires to be able to kill their preys and have mind slaves. Oh the possibilities...but I'm afraid they won't be as dark as I'd like.
    Post edited by Pixelsimmer on
  • Options
    I have been thinking about this killing issue. I want my vamp to be able to kill a few NPC victims, but it has to be a sims style of killing to keep the rating. The cowplant can kill and our sim can milk it for essence. So, how would a vampire kill that would seem real but not so bad as to affect the ratings? My idea is to have my vampire grab their prey and bite them. As they drink more and more, black smoke or a colony of bats whirling around them like a small tornado until they can't be seen (like a fight scene). When the smoke clears, the vamp is standing over the victims body glowing from being sated with blood (maybe a little woozy from too much blood). Then, Grimmy arrives and after some witty exchanges, Grimmy takes the sim and the vampire either disappears into smoke, turns into a bat and flies away or skulks away.
  • Options
    I have been thinking about this killing issue. I want my vamp to be able to kill a few NPC victims, but it has to be a sims style of killing to keep the rating. The cowplant can kill and our sim can milk it for essence. So, how would a vampire kill that would seem real but not so bad as to affect the ratings? My idea is to have my vampire grab their prey and bite them. As they drink more and more, black smoke or a colony of bats whirling around them like a small tornado until they can't be seen (like a fight scene). When the smoke clears, the vamp is standing over the victims body glowing from being sated with blood (maybe a little woozy from too much blood). Then, Grimmy arrives and after some witty exchanges, Grimmy takes the sim and the vampire either disappears into smoke, turns into a bat and flies away or skulks away.

That's a pretty good idea!!

I really hope vampires can kill other sims. If they can't the second best thing would be turning them ( i hope that's a possibility too) and then locking them (using a fence) in the yard. Let the sunlight do the rest lol
  • Options
    BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
    they could just have the vampire suck the sims plasma, and the bitten sim gets a special moodlet after 2 bites in a row. if the vampire bites the sim a third time (while they still have the moodlet), the vampire will proceed to drink their plasma and then drop the sim to the ground and have a small "oops" reaction, unless they have the evil trait, and keep the T rating.

that's absolutely nooothing compared to the violence in other T-rated games. but i could be wrong.
    Fairies & real Plantsims please!
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Vampires intrigue me, to a degree. Zombies just repulse me and I feel they are way overdone. But it's not as though my opinion will define what's in the pack. :p That said, the animation does look like Vampire to me. Zombies, IME, are usually done with more of a shuffling amble. This animation is eyes-wide-open, delicate-sensibilities stalking.

Looking forward to seeing what else we find out about as time goes on.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io