Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Butler Problems.. anyone else have one or more of these?

2...Next

Comments

• basslinewildbasslinewild Posts: 268 Member
    I've been having the game speed issue, but other than that the butler has been fine. My only complaint is I always get really weird looking butlers. :|
    Tessa :)
    Gallery items under : TessaNicolle
    Check out my houses!
  • JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
    I've been having the game speed issue, but other than that the butler has been fine. My only complaint is I always get really weird looking butlers. :|

My butler looks fine but it's hard for me to deal with the "always awake" aspect :neutral:
  • DanaKScullyFBlDanaKScullyFBl Posts: 355 Member
    I had to fire my butler due to he would only half clean and cook he was no good, He loved to play with my Sim kids water slide so he got himself fired cause he wasn't doing his job lol my maid and gardener do their jobs just fine but the butler, he was lazy and childish lol
    @rosemow People (including myself) have posted in the EA thread but there hasn't been any resolution :(
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    Jonalin wrote: »
    @rosemow People (including myself) have posted in the EA thread but there hasn't been any resolution :(

Hello
    It was good to post feedback on the AHQ EA thread . It is helpful for the Developers to have the feedback as they try to work out the causes of these butler issues that are affecting some simmers games. There may be help for the butler issues in an upcoming patch,
  • ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    Oddly I haven't noticed my butlers not attending to their needs...mine sleep, eat, take baths, clean and cook and repair... All the things they are supposed to do. The biggest problem I have with butlers at the moment is that when I take my Sim to their owned business or restaurants their butler shows up there, and then when I return back to the home lot a lot of times a different butler is there. From that point I'll have two butlers that show up interchangably. I really hope they patch these problems soon, they are making the butler not much fun to have.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    It was good to post feedback on the AHQ EA thread . It is helpful for the Developers to have the feedback as they try to work out the causes of these butler issues that are affecting some simmers games. There may be help for the butler issues in an upcoming patch,

I agree with you! :)
    Oddly I haven't noticed my butlers not attending to their needs...mine sleep, eat, take baths, clean and cook and repair... All the things they are supposed to do. The biggest problem I have with butlers at the moment is that when I take my Sim to their owned business or restaurants their butler shows up there, and then when I return back to the home lot a lot of times a different butler is there. From that point I'll have two butlers that show up interchangably. I really hope they patch these problems soon, they are making the butler not much fun to have.

I've had this happen as well @StarlingGray
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    I don't want to get rid of my butler but not being able to 3x speed when everyone else is out of the house/asleep is driving me mad. Only other issue I have is that his sleep schedule is weird...he'll stay up to like 3 am and then sleep til around noon.
  • Care_starCare_star Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having issues with my butler too. All of them, no matter how many new ones come, spend most of the day drinking from the bar and cleaning the sit-down vanity but nothing else. I also don't have the option to ask my butlers to cook anything, and they rarely cook for themselves.

I have no Mods, I use a Mac, I've "repaired" the game in origin and I've tried copying my sims folder to my desktop and copying back my saves and other important files to a new created sims 4 game. Nothing is working!!!
  • basslinewildbasslinewild Posts: 268 Member

My butler looks fine but it's hard for me to deal with the "always awake" aspect :neutral:

Yeah, mine never seem to sleep either.
    Tessa :)
    Gallery items under : TessaNicolle
    Check out my houses!
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Butlers are borked. Don't know how they got released as they are......
  • YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    That's why I never buy stuff packs until I know the main bugs are fixed. and HELL there are lots of bugs in this one! not surprised though.

-Yarden.
  • sweety_blondysweety_blondy Posts: 117 Member
    I too, am having issues with clock speed and my butler not sleeping during the night. Also, I don't allow him to get the door anymore, because he is unable to do anything else until the last guest enters/leaves the property.

Curious question - if your butler happens to be a kleptomanic, and being an NPC that actually lives in the house, can you get your stolen stuff back when he dies? Mine seems to have a fascination with all the chairs in the house :D
    Origin id: LunaLycaon
    Simming since the beginning ;)
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited January 2017
    • The time runs only at normal speed when everyone is asleep or out of the house because the butler is awake (getting too annoying)
    • The butler has never gone to sleep (he's been with the family for 3 real life days... since the pack was installed)
    • No matter what, the action "assign bed to butler" doesn't work. I can perform the function and it doesn't hold. I do this countless times (as I have been) and it just doesn't work. I've changed beds multiple times with the same result.
    • I seem to have a jump bug. They jump away from the table when trying to eat. This doesn't happen every time, but it's happened at least 5x that I'm aware of.

These are just a few of my issues. I wish I knew what was wrong :<

The first issue: It has been so right from the start of Sims4. The time running includes awake babies and all guests, too.
    The second issue: My butler sleeps every three days/nights, not more. I think it should be that way, considering all her duties.
    The third issue: It works fine. My butler always sleeps in her "own" bed. Never in the other beds.
    The fourth issue. Yes, it happens sometimes in my game, too. I am trying different solutions out at the moment.
  • John4estJohn4est Posts: 202 Member
    Does anyone know of any mods that fix these butler issues? I really only want superspeed... I wish there was a mod that allowed super speed when there is a service sim on the lot. So F annoying.
    2qwq9ah.jpg
  • SimmerDaisyyySimmerDaisyyy Posts: 2 New Member
    I have a huge problem, I can't even hire a butler!! It doesn't show up in the "Hire Services" tab. I believe it's one of my mods, but I'm not sure which on it is. Please help!
  • SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    @SimmerDaisyyy take your mod folder out and see, if the problem still occurs. If not, one of the mods is causing the problem.
    To find out which one, take only a few to the new mods folder, start the game and try to hire a butler. So if you only put few mods at once in the folder, it's easier to locate the broken mod.

You can also try to delete the cache of the Sims 4 and repair the game via Origin.