Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vintage Glamour

Since the last Origin update and Vintage Glamour download, my game has been plagued with problems. First I cannot get my Sims to age up, the cake is made and candles are put on, but the Sim in question cannot age up, as according to the game she isn't entitled too, but other sims who aren't ready to age up, could if I let them. Secondly, I want them to cook, I have another birthday coming up, but they get the ingredients out of the fridge, then won't cook them, breakfast is left on the stove, or in the oven, nothing is ever completed. At this rate they will starve. If they have a daily task to complete, they start, then walk away before they get to 25%, all they want to do is watch TV or play games, unless that is their daily task. I have run a repair to no avail.

I don't have mods, the houses I play have never been a problem before, could it be the new furnishings?

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    Hello
    With the sim who won't age up, was the sim an NPC ? He may have a hidden trait that prevents him from ageing.

Try doing this. Play as the sim. Then type into the cheat bar
    testingcheats true
    Press enter
    Then type in
    traits.remove_trait isWeirdo
    Press enter

See if that helps.
    isWeirdo can be replaced in the removal cheat with isCityRepair or isStatueBusker if that is the hidden trait that they have.

With your second issue, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder