March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Butler doesnt sleep,eat or use the bathroom

uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
She just keeps going and going and going!
When she isnt cleaning she will just stare at the wall. Ive built a servants wing onto my house bedroom bathroom etc but she wont use them , in fact doesnt use anything!
Help!

*edit
Hooray after 3 days without food and sleep she finally made herself something to eat and found her bed!
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup

Comments

• magooo63magooo63 Posts: 360 Member
    mine does just the opposite!!! she must be told almost everything to do, otherwise she drinks all my liquor, eats and takes bubble baths, but she will also clean, fix things and cook when i tell her to without hesitation.
  • uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    Mine also seems to be a cooking machine! The kitchen is just full of food...and my Sim is a single middle aged writer, in a huge house on his own...and a small mountain of food
    Mental note must buy exercise equipment
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • shadownightfireshadownightfire Posts: 63 Member
    Energizer bunny butler? XD
  • irishluck1986irishluck1986 Posts: 309 Member
    I just posted the same thing! Mine is the same way!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2016
    I love my butlers they are great. But one is better than the other and he hasn't needed anything in three days. Maybe he will eventually wear down. But he recently started mixing himself a drink but he has a pie job only taking care of two Sims who one picks up anyway and nothing has broken, yet. The other lives in a mansion with eight Sims who break everything (no lot traits) and he is way too busy. He started drinking and taking bubble baths but there is always broken sinks, and commodes and puddles. My live-in housekeeper has to help him out because it's so much to do. But 'praise' when they are doing a good job seems to work.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • magooo63magooo63 Posts: 360 Member
    If you take your butler in CAS mode and change their attributes you can get them to do what you like. I used the neat, perfectionist and bookworm attributes and my butler keeps the place spotless and when all is clean, they sit down to read books. Some butlers that come to your home upon hiring have random attributes which could include mean or lazy, hence no work getting done. Hope this helps. Happy Simming!!!
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    edited December 2016
    Mine never sleeps too. It's creepy if you ask me.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    My butler sleeps. But I never saw her using bathroom, meanwhile, she keeps drinking liquor from the globe bar.
    How could she do that?
  • urygauryga Posts: 559 Member
    Thank you, I'll wait before I buy this one, Don't like buying beta stuff.
  • MS4MS4 Posts: 89 Member
    It would be cool if you could select the traits from the butler before hiring it.
    I mean, like when you adopt a pet :P
  • JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
    My butler never sleeps, never washes, never uses the restroom... ever. He's more of a robot, if you ask me. Not at all what I was expecting :-/
  • waggymiley2013waggymiley2013 Posts: 239 Member
    My butler never used her bed until I moved the bed around. Something on the wall was blocking the bed.
    She now sleeps, eats, drinks, watches TV and takes bubble baths in her free time. When my sims are ready for bed I just leave cleaning as the butlers chores and remove everything else.
    The Butler still doesn't use a shower or toilet, I really hope the butler isn't using the bath to take a number 1 :flushed:
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,479 Member
    Hello
    This link explains about butlers. https://simsvip.com/sims-4-vintage-glamour-guide/#Butler
    There is a section in it about the needs of Butlers

When left to attend the home, butlers will mosey around and randomly clean, repair, garden, tend to Sims, and perform dust checks. Butlers are also very self sufficient. Butlers only have three motives enabled to decay: Hunger, Energy, and Fun. They do not feel the need to be social, use the restroom, or clean themselves.

• Energy – Upon hiring a butler, a notification will remind you to assign a bed to them. If you don’t assign the butler a bed, they will nap on a sofa or in a tent.
    • Hunger – Butlers will make food for themselves and the household. When the NPC is autonomously making food, the household funds will not be charge.
    • Fun – When they are alone, they will indulge in fun activities such as getting a drink from the bar, taking bubble baths, play on the computer, and will become embarrassed if they are caught in the act. They even have their own unique book called “How to Serve and Not be Served” written by Alfred.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,902 Member
    I got my employer to talk to my butler in a friendly way when she first came in the door and assigned duties and got rid of others first thing.

I relocated the Villareal family from Windenberg (loads of money) to a four bedroom penthouse so was able to create another room and bathroom for her. I had a few problems at first with the allocating bed and door functions but she seems to have fitted in nicely now and going to bed etc., The family is just right for a posh location and can afford it when selling all of their previous belongings.

I didn't get any invites to Festivals until I cleared all of the notifications with the "rubbish" bin and the Spice Festival invite immediately appeared.

The coffee machine I don't like very much as the family prefer it to going to bed properly so it's gone.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    uryga wrote: »
    Thank you, I'll wait before I buy this one, Don't like buying beta stuff.

The traits would make them behave the way they should right? Maybe some have the never weary hidden trait? Or some have an aspiration to cook? I know one cooks often and another never does until told. I think it's the individual and how much pressure they can take. Bubble baths are good for when they are stressed out so I figure he gets stressed out a lot (we can't see their motives) repairing things everyday and taking out trash.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,514 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    This link explains about butlers. https://simsvip.com/sims-4-vintage-glamour-guide/#Butler

When left to attend the home, butlers will mosey around and randomly clean, repair, garden, tend to Sims, and perform dust checks. Butlers are also very self sufficient. Butlers only have three motives enabled to decay: Hunger, Energy, and Fun. They do not feel the need to be social, use the restroom, or clean themselves.

• Energy – Upon hiring a butler, a notification will remind you to assign a bed to them. If you don’t assign the butler a bed, they will nap on a sofa or in a tent.
    • Hunger – Butlers will make food for themselves and the household. When the NPC is autonomously making food, the household funds will not be charge.
    • Fun – When they are alone, they will indulge in fun activities such as getting a drink from the bar, taking bubble baths, play on the computer, and will become embarrassed if they are caught in the act. They even have their own unique book called “How to Serve and Not be Served” written by Alfred.

Well, that has put me off buying the pack! Who wants to hire a robot that looks like a sim? They should have the same needs as any normal sim.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Hello

Thank you Rosemow, I am happy with My Butler so far I have only hired 1 of them, and He seems to be working out just fine, I can not wait to hire more of them, :).
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Hello

Well, that has put me off buying the pack! Who wants to hire a robot that looks like a sim? They should have the same needs as any normal sim.

It makes sense, because the butlers role will override the ability to fill needs.
    Last thing we want is dirty butlers, or butlers peeing on the floors.

Other NPC's have disabled needs also.
    7 real life days into the game and my butler still hasn't slept or eaten. I'm thinking of dismissing him because I just don't like having to sit through a clock that creeps along at slow speed through the night :<
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,479 Member
    Jonalin wrote: »
    7 real life days into the game and my butler still hasn't slept or eaten. I'm thinking of dismissing him because I just don't like having to sit through a clock that creeps along at slow speed through the night :<

Hello
    It would be better to fire him, so that you don't get back the same butler. If you dismiss him, he will be one who returns when you next hire a butler. If you fire him, a new one should appear.
  • xJawdinxJawdin Posts: 42 Member
    only thing mine ever did was cry at the tombstones I had in the back yard and clean the same two desks with computers :tired_face:
    tumblr_ncmw3fJCnf1sz111so1_250.gif
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,514 Member
    edited December 2016
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Hello

It makes sense, because the butlers role will override the ability to fill needs.
    Last thing we want is dirty butlers, or butlers peeing on the floors.

Other NPC's have disabled needs also.

Nah. I want my butlers to pee on the floor.
    Jonalin wrote: »

Hello
    It would be better to fire him, so that you don't get back the same butler. If you dismiss him, he will be one who returns when you next hire a butler. If you fire him, a new one should appear.

Very true @rosemow ;) I'm going to have to try that the next time I boot up the game.
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    My butlers rarely sleep. Once every few days, and it's always when my sims aren't sleeping. I hate just sitting there as the clock slowly ticks along.
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    It is a supernatural butler.