Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do I bother? TS4 is still utterly boring. Even 3 Ep's in. SHAME.

Comments

• mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited January 2017
    Was I the only one who thought of this after reading the OP?

CfJ_yB-WsAA4tgQ.jpg

And yes, OP, the game is insufferably boring and it is quite a chore to play. Which is why I no longer bother trying.
  • AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    OML @mortia you have no idea, the word instantly reminds me of it. Same to you? xD
    23rif7.gif
  • VGismyIDVGismyID Posts: 22 New Member
    Yep The Sims 4 is a lost cause. SHAME :'(
  • MinaiMinai Posts: 705 Member
    EA doesn't care. They're never going to listen to us.
    Honestly, they need to scrap ts4 and begin ts5
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Minai wrote: »
    EA listens to the sales numbers and nothing else. They wanted TS4 to be different from TS3 (which EA still sells) in an attempt to attract more casual gamers to the Sims games too and they won't change their mind as long as TS4 still is in production. But luckily TS5 once again will be a new and different Sims game.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Seriously, I love the sims. I keep coming back for more pack after useless empty pack.
    Without the family play I crave, TS4 lacks even after 3 EP's and endless c,, 0rap packs
    I cannot just play with the 2 life stages given. Not after experiencing all of what the other Sims games offered. Toddlers, Teens (with teen heights/ attitudes/voices/acne and age related clothing)
    Super Naturals! I miss Vampires, Plant Sims, Werewolves I hear TS3 had Mermaids?! Pets, Weather!
    I don't feel as I can wait any longer for these things.
    The only thing I enjoy now -in game- is changing the random townies the game generates... Because they are all named Acrab Habab Ashulm or something that rhymes with that. Everyone with dark skin and red eyes and CC hair.
    Why Not follow the format that has worked for years?

I feel the exact same way. I am contemplating uninstalling Sims 4 because at this point it is just taking space. I wanted to finish an experiment but since installing Sims 3 I haven't' been able to open it again. My favorite part is probably CAS because the have nice hair and clothes but it means nothing when every house looks the same inside and the game bores me.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Seriously, I love the sims. I keep coming back for more pack after useless empty pack.
    Without the family play I crave, TS4 lacks even after 3 EP's and endless c,, 0rap packs
    I cannot just play with the 2 life stages given. Not after experiencing all of what the other Sims games offered. Toddlers, Teens (with teen heights/ attitudes/voices/acne and age related clothing)
    Super Naturals! I miss Vampires, Plant Sims, Werewolves I hear TS3 had Mermaids?! Pets, Weather!
    The only thing I enjoy now -in game- is changing the random townies the game generates... Because they are all named Acrab Habab Ashulm or something that rhymes with that. Everyone with dark skin and red eyes and CC hair.

I feel the exact same way. I am contemplating uninstalling Sims 4 because at this point it is just taking space. I wanted to finish an experiment but since installing Sims 3 I haven't' been able to open it again. My favorite part is probably CAS because the have nice hair and clothes but it means nothing when every house looks the same inside and the game bores me.

Yes, TS4 is growing in GBs but not much in gameplay. I'm thinking about it, too. I'm starting to see I'm over half full on HDD, and it's 1TB so, something may need to go. It's the least favorite of anything I store or do on my pc....so less favorite thing may need removed.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Yes, TS4 is growing in GBs but not much in gameplay. I'm thinking about it, too. I'm starting to see I'm over half full on HDD, and it's 1TB so, something may need to go. It's the least favorite of anything I store or do on my pc....so less favorite thing may need removed.

Part of my aforementioned experiment was seeing how sims 3 was with 3 of the most similar EPs and it was soo much more fun, The game play is far richer and plentiful than Sims 4. I feel like after all the EPs, Gps and Sps they almost are at the content of one EP of the previous games but it is empty gameplay so I can't get into it.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    @6Bi
    Cinebar wrote: »

Part of my aforementioned experiment was seeing how sims 3 was with 3 of the most similar EPs and it was soo much more fun, The game play is far richer and plentiful than Sims 4. I feel like after all the EPs, Gps and Sps they almost are at the content of one EP of the previous games but it is empty gameplay so I can't get into it.

Yep, I'm waiting til this summer, hit some garage sales looking for physical copy of University..I will not download it, all my games except that one was physical discs so I won't have to deal with Steam or Origin and then put back in my saves for TS3 and start playing where I left off. I feel I made a mistake long time ago by buying the digital download from 'EA' for Uni. And now if I want it I have to update with the TS3 Origin rigged patch, and or put back in Steam on this system. I don't want either one on this system eventually. So, once I find Univer. even used copy without that Securom on it, I will go back to my saves in TS3.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Since the age of you can't sell your CD's back to others doesn't apply anymore, I feel bad having spend money on the Sims 4, I really do. So.. to ease my mind I just decided to not see it as a Sims game.. I just use it to make pretty sims, downloading cc (to help relax myself) and build some stuff ingame if I ever get bored with other games, which doesn't happen too often.

I had some money to spare and bought the City life pack for half the price, mostly for the beds and clothing if i'm honest. The actual pack doesn't really.. do much? I mean, I still stand by the fact I get more gameplay out of Spa day than this. Sims 4 is.. well, not great, but it's not too awful since it does has some nice features, just not enough to keep me playing everyday like other games. I just want toddlers and pre-teens, snow and dogs running trough snow. You know, the good stuff. The stuff that makes you want to play to see what happens next. I feel like this one hasn't really got the chance to let out the games potential. If the team is ever going to change their plans for us family players, they'd be doing a good thing to keep us more into the circle. However, now I get butchered if I don't agree with someone if I don't like the Sims 4 which is insane. So the game is purely casual, until I get more packs that hold my interest.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Skobee wrote: »
    Since the age of you can't sell your CD's back to others doesn't apply anymore, I feel bad having spend money on the Sims 4, I really do. So.. to ease my mind I just decided to not see it as a Sims game.. I just use it to make pretty sims, downloading cc (to help relax myself) and build some stuff ingame if I ever get bored with other games, which doesn't happen too often.

I had some money to spare and bought the City life pack for half the price, mostly for the beds and clothing if i'm honest. The actual pack doesn't really.. do much? I mean, I still stand by the fact I get more gameplay out of Spa day than this. Sims 4 is.. well, not great, but it's not too awful since it does has some nice features, just not enough to keep me playing everyday like other games. I just want toddlers and pre-teens, snow and dogs running trough snow. You know, the good stuff. The stuff that makes you want to play to see what happens next. I feel like this one hasn't really got the chance to let out the games potential. If the team is ever going to change their plans for us family players, they'd be doing a good thing to keep us more into the circle. However, now I get butchered if I don't agree with someone if I don't like the Sims 4 which is insane. So the game is purely casual, until I get more packs that hold my interest.
    You hit the nail right on the head with your post!
    That's all I want to, doggies running through the snow! Seriously.
    I just don't get the satisfaction I got when I played TS2. There is nothing to make me want to fire up the game. When I do have an interest to play, it disappears within 10 mins. The only thing I do is change the townies, because all TS4 generates are named Abdul Ackbarge, Kumare Jubuar, Osama Abara? Why wth?
    I do like building sometimes but the game mode just aggravates me too much.
    I don't want to have an object baby, for it to turn into a child my sim hardly knows. In an apartment building, I didn't build. In the same weather every single sim day. Playing with the same old uninteresting combination of traits. Going to the same redundant jobs.
    There is zero excitement in this game!
    How is it that 1 and 2 were better then 4 in 2016?
    Give me back my babies, toddlers, pets, weather, driveways, garages... ect ect ect! The Ability to create a World of MY OWN!

giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited January 2017
    Give me back my babies, toddlers, pets, weather, driveways, garages... ect ect ect! The Ability to create a World of MY OWN!

Personally for me its because I have full freedom to do what I want, to tell the story I want to tell, the game helps me not hinders me. My sims have true emotions.
    @MidnightAura I'm truly happy you are enjoying the game. And Everyone else who loves TS4, That's great! I actually wish I felt the same.
    For me and many others it just isn't cutting the mustard.
    giphy.gif

@MidnightAura I'm truly happy you are enjoying the game. And Everyone else who loves TS4, That's great! I actually wish I felt the same.
    For me and many others it just isn't cutting the mustard.

I think theres a misunderstanding, sadly I'm not enjoying the sims 4 these days. :|
    I wish I could!
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member

Personally for me its because I have full freedom to do what I want, to tell the story I want to tell, the game helps me not hinders me. My sims have true emotions.

My sims are bipolar! (At least everyone I've tried to play so far).

I don't want to use the term bi polar but yes sims 4 sims emotions are ridiculous. I agree. My quote above I'm referring to the sims 1 and 2.
    Ohh I see what your saying, lol sorry for misunderstanding.
    giphy.gif

No worries @SarahsShady, I think it was my fault for messing up my quotes. I find it a pain on my mobile!
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    EA listens to the sales numbers and nothing else. They wanted TS4 to be different from TS3 (which EA still sells) in an attempt to attract more casual gamers to the Sims games too and they won't change their mind as long as TS4 still is in production. But luckily TS5 once again will be a new and different Sims game.

The way that this game is being parceled out in erratically spaced, bite-sized pieces, it will be a very long time (if ever) before we see TS5.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    Erpe wrote: »

The way that this game is being parceled out in erratically spaced, bite-sized pieces, it will be a very long time (if ever) before we see TS5.
    No I don't believe that at all. EA still releases about the same amount of content each year as EA did for TS3. The difference only is that the releases are divided into more but smaller expansions because they now contain more stuff and therefore less new gameplay than earlier. But in 2019 TS4 will still have about the same content in expansions as TS3 had in 2014 so EA will most likely release TS5 in the middle of 2019.

The developers usually don't want this to happen because they would prefer to improve the game even further instead of releasing a new version. But when a game is about 5 years old and has a huge number of expansions it becomes harder for EA to attract new simmers to the game and sales numbers won't be as good as EA would like anymore. So a couple of years before that EA will tell the developers to start developing a new version of the game such that this new game can be released after about 5 years and get better selling expansions. Therefore EA will stop releasing more expansions for the previous game even though a lot of simmers still think that it is way too early because there still are many things that they miss. (I don't believe that TS4 ever will get both University, Pets, Seasons, Generations, toddlers and Supernaturals because it clearly never was EA's plan for TS4 anyway.)
  • moonlight_shinesmoonlight_shines Posts: 19 New Member
    I got the sims 4 for christmas when it came out and I was so excited.
    I knew as soon as I got past the create a sim part that we were not going to get on.
    Needless to say I was glad I didn't spend my own money on it.
    I have thought about buying more expansions of 4 hoping that more features would mean more but enjoyment but nope, not doing it.
    I adore sims 3 and will continue playing it long into the future.
    The next time I spend my money on a sims game - it will be sims 5.
    Let's hope it's worth it! ^^ x
  • EvieSunshineEvieSunshine Posts: 133 Member
    It does make me sad that long time players do not find TS4 enjoyable. I thinks it's a shame that the folks that made this iteration did not execute something right with this one. I don't know anything about computers much or tech anything except that when you have a franchise like The Sims and long time players say meh, that's horrible. I have been playing The Sims since TS2 and I truly thought 4 would be the perfect combo of all the other sims games. I am sorry you guys don't enjoy the game. I enjoy it enough. It makes me happy but I feel they dropped the ball bigtime. I truly hope the next iteration will be your cup of tea. Otherwise I hope an expansion or major feature will become available that will boost your gameplay to a decent level. I am a family player too. One of the things that's gotten me through is the Disney Legacy and 100 Baby Challenge. It has helped my gameplay be more enjoyable. I am also a storyteller for my own purposes so that helps too. Stay strong and keep the hope alive! I love you all.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    It does make me sad that long time players do not find TS4 enjoyable. I thinks it's a shame that the folks that made this iteration did not execute something right with this one. I don't know anything about computers much or tech anything except that when you have a franchise like The Sims and long time players say meh, that's horrible. I have been playing The Sims since TS2 and I truly thought 4 would be the perfect combo of all the other sims games. I am sorry you guys don't enjoy the game. I enjoy it enough. It makes me happy but I feel they dropped the ball bigtime. I truly hope the next iteration will be your cup of tea. Otherwise I hope an expansion or major feature will become available that will boost your gameplay to a decent level. I am a family player too. One of the things that's gotten me through is the Disney Legacy and 100 Baby Challenge. It has helped my gameplay be more enjoyable. I am also a storyteller for my own purposes so that helps too. Stay strong and keep the hope alive! I love you all.

*hugs* for the sentiment.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member

I don't want to use the term bi polar but yes sims 4 sims emotions are ridiculous. I agree. My quote above I'm referring to the sims 1 and 2.

Sorry, I read it wrong!

Sorry, I read it wrong!

Apology not needed :) It happens when going through a lot of threads at once!