Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIMS 4 CHALLENGE LIST (Updated May 24, 2021)

Comments

• Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited September 2018
    @Meeshelby and @EuphorialQueen, I have recently created a 'Shipwrecked' gameplay challenge and would love a couple of others to test it to see if things need to be adjusted or changed to be more 'playable' as such. I am testing it now and it's working out, but would love another opinion. If anyone is interested, please let me know and I'll link you to where I've written it up. :) I see that there is a Castaway challenge already up but mine is quite different although it begins in the same spot.
    Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

• LilyParkerLilyParker Posts: 1,144 Member
    @Meeshelby and/or @EuphorialQueen, I loved seeing the gorgeous pics of Planet Sixam that fellow simmers posted in the 'Screenshot for a Stuff Pack' contest thread recently. I have not yet ventured to Sixam and looked to see if there were any challenges based on getting a sim there and then completing certain tasks. A scavenger hunt type of challenge would certainly pique my interest. I haven't done much in the science career yet either. Is there a challenge out there that I missed? If not, is anyone who has some experience with Planet Sixam up to creating a new challenge?

I'm just about done posting updates to my Abandoned Kids Challenge and am currently playing your Toddler Mania Challenge, EQ. :smile: (I'll give you a heads-up when I start posting TMC updates on my blog.) I'd love to line up another interesting challenge for when I'm done with the toddlers, and this would be completely out of the box for me. I'll be on vacation the week of Columbus Day and will have more time to play than usual. B)

Thank you!
    Currently blogging about The Island Challenge on Lily Parker's Sims Challenges (WordPress).
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
    and Toddler Mania Challenge stories are complete.
    edited September 2018
    @Jendowoz0612 I would be interested in looking it over if you want to send me a link. :)

Here is the link, @EuphorialQueen to my blog with it all written up. I'm not done testing it as yet, but would love someone else to try it also so I can get a second opinion. Once it is I'll put the story with it.

The link to my blog is Here...

Shipwrecked!

edited September 2018
    I have written my first chapter if you would like to read it. I have set up the links in a new discussion box and that is where I will put all the chapters as well as the link to the challenge rules.

• aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    @Jendowoz0612 I would be interested in looking it over if you want to send me a link. :)

Here is the link, @EuphorialQueen to my blog with it all written up. I'm not done testing it as yet, but would love someone else to try it also so I can get a second opinion. Once it is I'll put the story with it.

The link to my blog is Here...

Shipwrecked!

~ I will give it a go, I did do the Castaway Challenge in Sim 3 it was just before Seasons came out, then my Sims started to die from severe sun burn & heatstroke!LOL! So the challenge was put aside while the person whom wrote it,updated it for the weather! (even after she updated it & I played it how she wrote the rules,my Sims still kept dying so I gave up,& never finished it!)
    ~ I think I have enough time to test this out,if you still need testers, that is! ;)
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

Chapter 2 is up, @EuphorialQueen and @aussiekarima

edited October 2018
    Love you to give it a go, @aussiekarima <3<3

• SuxelaSuxela Posts: 93 Member
    Hi there! Just wondering if there’s any challenges that involve like travel type stuff? I’m only asking because I’m kinda traveling the world with my family and would love to do a challenge with traveling aspects, like I know there’s the jungle adventure thing where you basically complete the stuff to go with it but anything else? Also, I talked before about a challenge I was creating. That challenge has kind of taken a different turn than what it was going to be originally. It was originally going to be a legacy but it’s changed to a story/gameplay based challenge. I’m excited to finish that one. It should be coming out on my tumblr sometime this week. If anyone would like to play it once I’ve made the finishing touches, I can send the link to my tumblr. It would be amazing if someone were to tell me what I need to fix and everything to make it better.
    ~ A link to your tumbler would be great @WanderlustSimmer So we can all see,read & help,or do the Challenge! ;)
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif

• AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
    Hello again! First, I have a question I'd like to ask - is there a limit to how many challenges we can submit? I seem to be better at thinking of challenges rather than playing them, though not by much haha

Second, I've created a new challenge called Seven Wizards! It's based on the game Wizard101 and can be played as either a Legacy/Generation challenge or a 7 baby challenge. If it's easier, I can also make a post here on the forums. Here's the prologue I created:
    For generations, your family has produced bright young wizards that have reached the top of their school at breakneck speeds, conquering the Spiral and any evil that may cross their path. However, the past few generations of your family have produced less than average wizards, most of whom have dropped out of school altogether! Although you managed to graduate from Ravenwood, your grades were just shy of being average and you’re not nearly as strong as those that graduated with you.

Your ancestors are furious and you’re determined to turn around your bloodline and reclaim the glory your family name once held. You don’t have a plan, but your determination burns deep within you, ready to take the wizarding world by storm. Watch out, Ravenwood, you’re not prepared for what’s to come!
    ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    @AnnoyingTiger Looks like an interesting theme to use to play the game. The best way to share a challenge is to test it yourself. That assures playability and confirms all the goals can be met.
    Please read the first post of this thread that explains how to submit a challenge.
    @aussiekarima I definitely will post it after I get it up. It’s almost done but my WiFi is a bit spotty. Hotels can be a pain sometimes lol.
    edited October 2018
    This is the link to the Herbal Essence Legacy Challenge, itself. I hope it can be added to the list https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Bj79W1T11dlBRxhgtmBXwoVE7-RSDvH0kw8GaNlLUts

( @aussiekarma ) this is the challenge that I was talking about. Will eventually be added to my tumblr but for now it will be here until I get better WiFi.
    Post edited by Suxela on
  • AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
    @AnnoyingTiger Looks like an interesting theme to use to play the game. The best way to share a challenge is to test it yourself. That assures playability and confirms all the goals can be met.
    Please read the first post of this thread that explains how to submit a challenge.

If I waited to test it myself before posting, I'd never post anything *sigh* I'm very bad at completing things I start and I get bored quite easily. How many challenges have I started, families have I built only to play a couple times and never think about them again? :( I hate it, but that's just how I am. I'm definitely going to TRY and test this, but I make no promises. I just thought I'd share it with others... Sorry if it's not good enough or I broke the rules, I won't submit anything else ^^' I have read the first post many times... I guess I'm missing something? Or it's just not good enough haha sorry again
    ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
    If I waited to test it myself before posting, I'd never post anything *sigh* I'm very bad at completing things I start and I get bored quite easily. How many challenges have I started, families have I built only to play a couple times and never think about them again? :( I hate it, but that's just how I am. I'm definitely going to TRY and test this, but I make no promises. I just thought I'd share it with others... Sorry if it's not good enough or I broke the rules, I won't submit anything else ^^' I have read the first post many times... I guess I'm missing something? Or it's just not good enough haha sorry again
    @AnnoyingTiger
    Not a bad challenge. I missed the ink the first time and apologize.
    As long as all the components of a challenge work that is what is important.

edited October 2018
    This is the link to the Herbal Essence Legacy Challenge, itself. I hope it can be added to the list https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Bj79W1T11dlBRxhgtmBXwoVE7-RSDvH0kw8GaNlLUts

( @aussiekarma ) this is the challenge that I was talking about. Will eventually be added to my tumblr but for now it will be here until I get better WiFi.

~ Thank you @WanderlustSimmer I will have a look at it! ;)

~ In Chapter two,can they join the "Gardening club" as it will greatly help them to achieve this one faster,(that is if they attend meetings/gatherings!)LOL! Just a thought!
    ~ And a trip to Granite Falls would greatly help with the herbalism & the garden, & also would help with their insect collection later on!
    ~ You said to keep them healthy & young, but talk about retirement in the last one,so they are aging?
    Post edited by aussiekarima on
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif

edited October 2018
    @aussiekarma I do intend for them to age all the while, but the player has to keep them alive for as long as possible to complete all challenges. It kind of takes after the SuperSim Challenge in that sense. I apologize if that is not clear in the rules and will fix that. Also, it is entirely the players choice if their sim recieves any boost for skills through clubs and reward traits, etc.
  • IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member

@Meeshelby @EuphorialQueen A new challenge for the database: The Apartment Switch Challenge. It's fully tested, posted, and playable. (I've waited the last year to make sure that it was fully tested before submitting it.)

The Apartment Switch is a generational challenge all about building, decorating, making money, and most of all learning about the "City Living" Expansion for The Sims 4. It's set at six generations, each generation doing what I call a "Switch" (hence the challenge name) through four apartments, each with their own unique challenges. There are two "difficulties" - one for those who like decorating more than building, and one for those who like a challenge and building their own things. Both are fully tested and proved to be working. Basically, by the end of the challenge, you will have built or decorated your entire San Myshuno neighborhood. (The entirety of the challenge, except for any traveling your sims do, takes place in the city.) Vampires are disallowed, but aliens are perfectly okay.. and all expansion, game, and stuff packs are okay (with the exception of not being able to play as a Vampire). Fairly sure the new expansion will work with it, as well, so the challenge is good from that standpoint, as well.

I have all the information for the challenge hosted on my wordpress blog, and a forums post for discussion >> here <<, but for the database link to my blog at https://illusorythrall.wordpress.com/the-apartment-switch/ (everything, including the forums post, is linked there). Being that it's based initially off the Drifter Challenge, I would probably say to list it under Story/Gameplay challenges, but I leave that up to you two. Thanks for the consideration!
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I've been playing and writing about a challenge that I call The Notebook Legacy Challenge. It's a version of an ISBI challenge that uses points to get "free" days for the player to control the entire household instead of just one Sim. You can play with just one family or do several families in rotation (I've been doing 10). Here is the link: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/949425/the-notebook-legacy#latest.
  • MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    I'll be updating soon! In the middle of a theater production! Hope you all are doing well.
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Oooo have fun with theatre!!
  • deapeterssondeapetersson Posts: 22 Member
    I have made a challenge called Spring into Summer & Fall into Winter - check it out here!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top