Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIMS 4 CHALLENGE LIST (Updated May 24, 2021)

Comments

• mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    I wanted to share my Local Color challenge which I've been playtesting for a while.

The idea is to rotate through the worlds, restrict travel, and make life in each world more unique.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1005408/local-color-a-legacy-challenge-that-rotates-through-the-worlds-with-a-unique-twist-on-each

@LizabethRose415 You might find this fun, since a lot of packs have their own world.
  • MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    Guys (and gals)...I suck! I promise I have not forgotten this thread. My life has just been insane the last couple of years. At some point I will get around to updating it. Hope you all have an amazing New Year!
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,224 Member
    Oh no! I hate to add to your workload, but I just wanted to promote my new Monday's Child Legacy Challenge, a seven-generation legacy baed on the Monday's Child poem.
    image.png
  • joydovejoydove Posts: 53 Member
    edited January 2023
    Full Life Challenge
    ibrattydon wrote: »
    Can someone recommend me challenges where in each life span you have to do an objective (like as a toddler, child & so on) & not just when our sim is a YA or just really detailed challenges?

I'll try and write one for you. I'm calling it the Full Life Challenge. My Long Life challenge is on the previous page, 56, if you want to check it out? I think it'd be great for around All Hallow's Eve. Thanks for the idea. :smile:
    Post edited by joydove on
    I'm wondering if there is a legacy challenge that includes all the packs. I found one that seems to have dropped off in 2020 but nothing new. I started gathering information to make my own Chronological Pack Legacy Challenge if anyone is interested. :)

It isn't quite considered a legacy challenge but Pack-Man Challenge is pretty fun, and they have versions that include the most recent packs. I played the oldest version a little while ago and had a good time.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JNOlTtFzzIjRUQAahPAcnIOvRKbqmQWs5EoZDhgSgSY/edit#

edited January 2023
    ibrattydon wrote: »
    Can someone recommend me challenges where in each life span you have to do an objective (like as a toddler, child & so on) & not just when our sim is a YA or just really detailed challenges?

Full Life Challenge break down

1. become good friends with a parent as a toddler & reach skill level 3 in all skills
    2. become best friends with a child &/or finish a child aspiration
    3. get a boy/girl friend as a teenager and get an A in school.
    4. get married as a young adult and have children &/or get promoted to level 5 in a career
    5. all of your children move out &/or you reach the top level of a career
    6. have a dinner party to celebrate your anniversary &/or retire
    7. die of old age

All possible with base game only. I might make a longer more in depth version. But this is short and sweet.
    edited January 2023
    Full Life Challenge!

The Full Life challenge is for your one sim to fill their life with as many activities that they can (bucket list for each stage of life of sorts.) It can be played with just the base game and I'll try and not vary from that, but if it does please let me know and I'll adjust the challenge accordingly. Pack versions might follow...

Note: "Spoilers" aren't giving anything away, they're requested to be used for the website's sake. So just click, and read along. :smile:

Beginning:
    Start by creating a family, or a married couple. You can use existing sims and start with a new born as your main sim. If there's already a toddler, great! You're ahead of the game. Move them into a house, if they're not already in one. Money cheats are allowed, so any house is usable. There is a house on the gallery for this challenge too. It is called Full Life Challenge House on my gallery page under Joydove. Completely optional, but sets your sims up with what they'll need for each stage of life. Lists bellow.

Required full life items:
    -All toddler skilling items. Blocks, Toys, A stuffed animal (like Blarffy,) a tablet, a potty, and a doll house.
    -All childhood items, a creative art activity table, violin, a junior wizard Starter Set, a bookshelf, toybox, a desk with chair and desk lamp, monkey bars, chess board, and a fish bowl.
    -All teen/adult skilling objects: Got Game Table, The MotionMonitor Gaming Mat, a computer, guitar, piano, and violin, a Bonsai Tree, Easel, Royal We Microphone, telescope, camera, woodworking table, punching bag, treadmill, and a exercise machine.
    -Adult Stage items required: Bar, all appliances necessary for running a household, Backyard Observatory, rocket, music speaker, Whipped Dream cupcake factory, and Tea Magic Brewer.

Rules:
    Money cheats are allowed. No skilling cheats or mods.
    The gallery may be used for anything needed to download, dose not interfere with challenge peramiters. Mods are allowed as long as they don't mess with the challenges gameplay rules.

Set Up:
    Have a baby, or toddler that's in the game or from CAS.
    They may have siblings, as many as the parents want. If something happens to the challenge sim, a same age sibling can take over, but only if they've been following the challenge rules from toddlerhood as well. (Anyone can live in the household. You can even have more than one family doing the challenge in the household at the same time.) Aging up may use a cake and age up at any time, as long as they've filled the life stage requirements. This only applies to the main sim. (and any sim you want to perhaps take their place.)

How to Play:
    Step One Toddler Lifestage:
    1) During toddler years your main sim should have at least level 3 in All skills before aging up to child. You may only use the tablet for one skill. Learn level 2 potty training first.
    2) They must be good friends with at least one parent, having had the play interaction at least once as well.
    3) Get them out of the house and to make a lap around it.
    4) Let them play in the toilet and mess with a cabinet at least once.

Step Two Child Lifestage:
    1) Children need to be A students before aging up.
    2) Choose and complete one childhood aspiration.
    3) They need to finish reading the book Pizzi-cat-O Polka.
    4) Play the piano on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and the violin on Mon., Wed., and Fridays.
    5) Must play on the monkey bars on Saturdays, but anytime is fine.
    6) Sundays are free days to relax and do what ever they want.
    7) They can use the computer and tv, but not for more than once a day, if that.
    8) They need to become best friends with one other sim, preferably a child, but any age works

Step Three Teenage Lifestage:
    1) Once your main sim is a teen they must find love!
    2) Meet other students while at school until they find someone they can invite over and flirt with.
    3) Become girl/boy friends with that sim.
    4) If it fails, try again with a different sim the same way.
    5) Become best friends with sim they're dating.
    6) Get an A in school
    7) Work out every weekday, rotate machines and punching bag.
    8) Monday take 5 pictures with your camera. Testing out your interests.
    9) Tuesday practice comedy routine on microphone. You'll need computer to write routines.
    10) Wednesday work on the Bonsai tree until your sim stops by themselves.
    11) Thursday play piano
    12) Friday practice violin
    13) Saturday practice guitar
    14) Play for tips in a public lot

Step Four young adult:
    1) Change wardrobe to have three everyday clothes in their selections. Keep original, but doens't have to stay first.
    2) travel to a different neighborhood's public lot, like a museum or gym.
    3) visit a neighbor's house and become friends with someone in the household.
    4) Do not get caught doing inapropriate actions or you must leave and start over.
    5) If a sim invites your sim over or to go to a public lot with them, go. One time is enough.
    6) start a career that fits best with their traits or already chosen aspriation
    7) reach level 4 in the skill that job requires or it's closest related skill. If there's two skills reach lvl 3 in each.
    8) Have a level 3 in woodworking.
    9) Reach level 3 in mixology and try one of each kind of drink that you make.
    10) Reach level 3 in cooking skill and make pancakes.
    11) Always say go for it to other sims life choice inquiries. Unless it's with their significant other, if they have one.
    (your sim may get married and have a family, but it's not a requirement.)

Step Five Adulthood:
    1) Call two friends and chat for a while.
    2) Make Cupcakes, Yes with the cupcake maker and Tea in the Tea Magic Brewer at least once each.
    3) Use the Backyard Observatory to study the sky or stars and collect a photo from doing it long enough.
    4) Start Building a rocket-ship
    5) Reach level 3 in fishing, handiness, and comedy.
    6) upgrade a sink, toilet, and shower
    7) Reach level 5 in cooking and make spaghetti.
    8) Finish an aspiration.
    9) Have a birthday party and invite everyone you're close to!

Step Six Elder:
    1) Retire from career no matter how much money your sim may be making or that they have. (remember cheats are allowed for money.)
    2) Take your partner to a park and play chess together. If there's no chess, play music (or sing) and have partner watch.
    3) Finish your rocket ship and take at least one ride.
    4) Reach level 5 in handiness and upgrade a refridgerator, stove, and dishwasher. (Some parts are able to be purchased on the computer.)
    5) Have a dinner party.
    6) Make group meal and call everyone to meal!

When your sim dies and filled all challenge requirements you've finished the challenge!

Here's a list of point vallues to all challenges: (Optional!)

How to Play with scoring value points (points are first) there are minus' to watch out for.
    Step One Toddler Lifestage:
    5-During toddler years your main sim should have at least level 3 in All skills before aging up to child. You may only use the tablet for one skill. Learn level 2 potty training first.
    5-They must be good friends with at least one parent, having had the play interaction at least once as well.
    3-Get them out of the house and to make a lap around it.
    2-Let them play in the toilet and mess with a cabinet at least once.

total lvl: 15

Step Two Child Lifestage:
    7-Children need to be A students before aging up.
    9-Choose and complete one childhood aspiration.
    2-They need to finish reading the book Pizzi-cat-O Polka.
    6-Play the piano on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and the violin on Mon., Wed., and Fridays.
    6-Must play on the monkey bars on Saturdays, but anytime is fine.
    0-Sundays are free days to relax and do what ever they want.
    3-They can use the computer and tv, but not for more than once a day, if that.
    7-They need to become best friends with one other sim, preferably a child, but any age works

Total lvl: 40

Step Three Teenage Lifestage:
    1-Once your main sim is a teen they must find love!
    3-Meet other students while at school until they find someone they can invite over and flirt with.
    4-Become girl/boy friends with that sim.
    Minus 2-If it fails, try again with a different sim the same way.
    5-Become best friends with sim they're dating.
    7-Get an A in school
    3-Work out every weekday, rotate machines and punching bag.
    2-Monday take 5 pictures with your camera. Testing out your interests.
    5-Tuesday practice comedy routine on microphone. You'll need computer to write routines.
    3-Wednesday work on the Bonsai tree until your sim stops by themselves.
    2-Thursday play piano
    1-Friday practice violin
    1-Saturday practice guitar
    3-Play for tips in a public lot

Total lvl: 40

Step Four young adult:
    3-Change wardrobe to have three everyday clothes in their selections. Keep original, but doens't have to stay first.
    4-travel to a different neighborhood's public lot, like a museum or gym.
    7-visit a neighbor's house and become friends with someone in the household.
    Minus 3-Do not get caught doing inapropriate actions or you must leave and start over.
    4-If a sim invites your sim over or to go to a public lot with them, go. One time is enough.
    3-start a career that fits best with their traits or already chosen aspriation
    5-reach level 4 in the skill that job requires or it's closest related skill. If there's two skills reach lvl 3 in each.
    4-Have a level 3 in woodworking.
    4-Reach level 3 in mixology and try one of each kind of drink that you make
    3-Reach level 3 in cooking skill and make pancakes.
    3-Always say go for it to other sims life choice inquiries. Unless it's with their significant other, if they have one.
    (your sim may get married and have a family, but it's not a requirement.)

total lvl: 40

Step Five Adulthood:
    2-Call two friends and chat for a while.
    3-Make Cupcakes, Yes with the cupcake maker and Tea in the Tea Magic Brewer at least once each.
    4-Use the Backyard Observatory to study the sky or stars and collect a photo from doing it long enough.
    2-Start Building a rocket-ship
    4-Reach level 3 in fishing, handiness, and comedy.
    5-upgrade a sink, toilet, and shower
    5-Reach level 5 in cooking and make spaghetti.
    8-Finish an aspiration.
    7-Earn a gold birthday party, invite everyone you're close to!

tota lvl: 40

Step Six Elder:
    4-Retire from career no matter how much money your sim may be making or that they have. (remember cheats are allowed for money.)
    4-Take your partner to a park and play chess together. If there's no chess, play music (or sing) and have partner watch.
    8-Finish your rocket ship and take at least one ride.
    7-Reach level 5 in handiness and upgrade a refridgerator, stove, and dishwasher. (Some parts are able to be purchased on the computer.)
    3-Have a dinner party.
    4-Make group meal and call everyone to meal!

Total lvl: 30

Total challenge points possible: 205

All possible with base game only.

I hope you liked this challenge.

Please mention my user name, “Joydove” in any references to this challenge for credit. Thanks for playing!
  • lousymarelousymare Posts: 12 New Member
    > @GLM said:
    > A new legacy challenge! This is a variation on an Alphabet Legacy where on every birthday in the household, you spin the roulette wheel to see what happens! The roulette wheel has over 300 option on it, everything from silly items (like change your hair color), to gaining/losing money (did you make a bad bet or get a bonus?), to dire consequences (oops, dead)! This challenge can be play with as few or as many packs as you wish.
    >
    > https://goodlilmousey.wordpress.com/2022/05/16/alphabet-roulette-legacy/

I'm a big fan of @GLM roulette wheels, I'm using them to bring variety to my game as I try to complete the 100 generation legacy acheivement.

I've created one of my own which is a Making Money randomizer. Each generation of my sim family will be allocated ONE way of making money and may not make money any other way! It should make it more challenging.
    https://pickerwheel.com/pw?id=Lvdna

Each generation starts out with zero Simoleons - unless you land on a category with an asterix, in which case you get a $500 starter fund because it's literally impossible to start making money in those categories unless you have some initial cash.

You can make money any way you like under the category and there is often more than one way. For instance, if you land on 'Music' you can make money from busking, writing and publishing songs (including the mixing desk if you have Get Famous), joining the Entertainer career or a combination of all three. If there is a career or freelance option that aligns with the category you landed on, you can choose to join that career (or not).

I *think* I've thought of every possible way of making money in The Sims but let me know if I've missed anything!
  • lousymarelousymare Posts: 12 New Member
    That's the wrong link and I can't seem to edit my posts yet. Here's the Making Money randomizer:

https://pickerwheel.com/pw?id=Vy5np
  • KitigeosimKitigeosim Posts: 29 Member
    > @joydove said:
    > Full Life Challenge!

>
    > Total challenge points possible: 205
    >
    > All possible with base game only.
    >
    > I hope you liked this challenge.
    >
    > Please mention my user name, “Joydove” in any references to this challenge for credit. Thanks for playing!

Hi,
    I love the sound of this challenge.
    Is there a seperate thread or link for this please?
    Tumblr - Sims gallery #Kitigeosim
    f14x9dwat3w1.jpg
  • minkydpainminkydpain Posts: 92 Member
    edited February 2023
    Post edited by minkydpain on
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    You can find all my challenges here, @minkypain I made a new blog with just the competitions and things here. I didn't close my original one down for some reason it was closed without my consent, may have been a time thing. Anyway you can find them here https://jendowozsims4.weebly.com/

• minkydpainminkydpain Posts: 92 Member

You can find all my challenges here, @minkypain I made a new blog with just the competitions and things here. I didn't close my original one down for some reason it was closed without my consent, may have been a time thing. Anyway you can find them here https://jendowozsims4.weebly.com/

Awesome! I'm so happy you reposted it!
  • astonopastonop Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi all! This is my first post on the forums so do excuse any errors.

I have created a small website recently (originally for my wife, but sharing is caring!) that randomly generates a set of criteria for a build challenge. I'm currently constantly expanding upon it as and when I have the time with more challenges and improvements but it would be nice if I could get a little feedback and some suggestions too! Here's the link:

simschallenges.infinityfreeapp.com

Currently, I know there are a couple issues that are relatively harmless, the main one being that if you press the button too many times it stops working. Just refresh the page and it fixes the issue.

Thanks all!
  • Sarcasm_With_A_SmileSarcasm_With_A_Smile Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Sarcasm_With_A_Smile said:
    > I just finished writing this yesterday!
    >
    > The Wishful Thinking Challenge!
    > Link⬇️ (Packs required and short rules at the top)
    > https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-f_kUWNfRzaOrVkMUekivh5q1sfniisn3EQmtzTLTPI/edit

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-f_kUWNfRzaOrVkMUekivh5q1sfniisn3EQmtzTLTPI/edit?usp=sharing
    here's the new link!
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    Has anyone created a new legacy for growing together coming out today?
  • EleriEleri Posts: 545 Member
    Here's my 100 Science baby challenge, not a massive overhaul of the original 100 baby challenge, but all children must be science babies.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1007309/100-science-baby-challenge/p1?new=1
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • WinterKhirinWinterKhirin Posts: 248 Member

Eleri wrote: »
    Here's my 100 Science baby challenge, not a massive overhaul of the original 100 baby challenge, but all children must be science babies.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1007309/100-science-baby-challenge/p1?new=1

Hey, that's what me and some others on LilSimsie's discord have been discussing haha. It's such a fun idea without the multiple romances involved. And then if you download a certain mod, you can choose to have the baby instantly or go through pregnancy first :)
    Owlenmoon is the house which most values creativity and wisdom. They're intellectual and introspective, and can find poetry in situations that may appear irrelevant to others. They're also good at making things more complicated than what they're supposed to be.

• IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member

Hi everyone!!! I just wanted to stop in to post the official links for all my challenges (some of my challenge links have changed when I updated my blog recently), and announce a new set of challenge rules written by myself and a friend of mine. To make this post not so long, I will use spoiler tags for each challenge's description (except the newest one that's just being announced today.)

Build/CAS Challenges:

100 Day Creativity: https://illusorythrall.wordpress.com/home/challenge-rules/build-challenges/100-day-creativity-challenge-rules/
    This challenge is all about stretching your creative muscles. You know the saying – “Practice makes Perfect”? – well, it reflects a truth that practicing something will make you better at it. I, personally, used to be quite bad at building, but through practice, I’ve gotten better. Now, CAS seems to be my achilles heel in Sims, and something I usually avoid… so I’ve decided to force myself to do some sim-making. There’s a lot of challenges out there for doing a number of CAS themes or build themes, but, as far as I know, there isn’t one that combines the two skills. I used ideas from as many different CAS challenges as I could find, and then changed them to suit what I thought would work. I tried to make things neither too specific or too generic, and to pick stuff that most people can relate to. I made a list of 100 of the best ideas I came up with (because that’s a nice round number) and randomized the list several times on the random.org website. The hardest part was then fleshing out each of the ideas. The list below is the result of hours of work, which was hopefully worth it. My hopes is that other simmers will find this challenge and help fill the gallery with themed sims and builds under the #100daycreativity hashtag.

Winchester Mystery House Challenge: https://illusorythrall.wordpress.com/home/challenge-rules/build-challenges/winchester-mystery-house-sims-style/
    This challenge is inspired by both the famous Winchester Mystery House in San Jose, California, and KaduMcFadu80’s Mystery Mansion Challenge on the sims forums. Basically, your job is to build a mystery mansion of your own. I include some gameplay in the challenge, however, feel free to ignore most of the gameplay by using money cheats instead, and just build each day. It is important to play the day in between each build time, though, because it gives you time to think about what to do next.

"Shorter" Gameplay Challenges:

The Apartment Switch: https://illusorythrall.wordpress.com/home/challenge-rules/gameplay-challenges/the-apartment-switch/
    The Apartment Switch is a generational challenge all about building, decorating, making money, and most of all learning about the “City Living” Expansion for The Sims 4. As opposed to a normal 10 generation legacy, it is completed in 6 generations and focuses on your family (over time) rebuilding or redesigning all the lots and apartments in San Myshuno. It was heavily inspired by the Drifter Challenge by Vihisha Tak’Nai and the Movin’ On Up challenge by ImaginingMystic. It also could be said there’s a little of a Legacy Challenge by PinStar in it as well. It requires, obviously, that you own Sims 4 Base game and the City Living expansion, but can be completed without any others. The challenge takes place exclusively in the San Myshuno neighborhood in Sims 4, although travel to the other neighborhoods is not restricted. There are also two difficulties available for The Apartment Switch, Normal and Extreme, but I’ll explain more about them later. As for other expansions, having or not having them won’t make much difference in how the Challenge plays. I know that, in particular, the Seasons expansion will make things a lot harder on other challenges, but it definitely won’t “break” The Apartment Switch, since apartments are largely indoors and you don’t have to do much in the way of “Lawn Living.” The only expansion that is expressly forbidden is Vampires, and I just restrict having vampires as a playable lifestate for the purposes of this challenge.

Mermaid Legacy Challenge: https://illusorythrall.wordpress.com/home/challenge-rules/gameplay-challenges/mermaid-legacy-challenge/
    This challenge, like my Apartment Switch Challenge, is based in one expansion. the full version (below) uses traits and jobs from other expansions, but I was careful to include directions for replacing the traits or jobs if you don’t have those packs. At it’s heart, this is a story of a family that starts from a single female human sim who has a dream to be a mermaid and pass on her legacy. It’s based on a Matriarchy line, but I suppose you could change it to all males if you really wanted. Each generation is based on a color, and starts completely over on a new lot in Sulani. Eventually, your whole Sulani town will be filled with houses you built over the course of the challenge. The fun part about this challenge, is that not only do you have different goals for each challenge, it gets just a little bit harder each generation. It is actually an 11 generation challenge, because there’s a Generation Zero – which is the human sim who has to find out how to become a mermaid. (This challenge is based on a challenge I found on the forums, but it's been considerably edited.)

Lunar Lineage: (A Werewolf Legacy): https://illusorythrall.wordpress.com/home/challenge-rules/gameplay-challenges/lunar-lineage/

This is my newest challenge, just officially launched today. It is an original 11-gen challenge (10 generations plus a Gen zero/prologue gen.) designed to help you explore the Werewolf pack (and its interactions with other occult states). This is why the other occult life states are highly recommended as must-have packs. The major difference in this legacy when compared to others you will find is that there are banned skills listed for each generation. These are to make it more difficult. Avoid using these skills, with the ultimate goal of keeping them under level 2. If you somehow accidentally get them to 2, it is not a challenge fail, but aim to keep the skill level on them as low as possible.

Epically long Gameplay Challenges:

Master Simmer Challenge: https://illusorythrall.wordpress.com/home/challenge-rules/gameplay-challenges/master-simmer-challenge/
    This challenge is all about doing everything – and I mean EVERYTHING – in the game of Sims 4. It’s based off of the Absolute Master and the Achiever challenges, neither of which have been updated for the current expansions. The only thing I don’t require is finishing ALL achievements and collecting ALL pet Traits. I will list them in case you want to collect them, but they are completely optional to get. Some achievements are really buggy – in particular, the legacy ones, so I’m not including them. Also, this is NOT played on a “point system”, that would be way too complicated. The ultimate goal is to get it done in 26 generations… but it may be more depending on how you pace yourselves. (Update after Eco Lifestyle: With 80 goal sets if you have all expansions, I’ve been informed it IS still mathematically possible to get this challenge done in 26 generations, but it would be a VERY difficult challenge.)

The Timeline Adventure Challenge: https://illusorythrall.wordpress.com/home/challenge-rules/gameplay-challenges/timeline-adventure-challenge-main-rules/
    This is a story-based generational challenge that will take you through history from the Stone Age into the future. It is not for the faint of heart, as it spans more than 30 generations. I based the rules off of having all of the expansion packs (excluding the Star Wars one) and I will be trying to keep this updated with new packs, but it would still be possible to complete if you’re missing some by either skipping the generations pertaining to the missing pack or changing the goals for that generation. Also: if you are too scared of the full 30+ generations, feel free to pick and choose which generations to play as you go (although you’d miss large parts of the story) and just have fun with discovering history. There is also a hefty dose of fantasy in this challenge and it does include the Supernatural states. The Sims game itself requires some imagination to play, and so does this challenge. If this isn’t up your alley, you could either skip the more fanciful generations, or find a different challenge. This challenge follows a family that starts in Europe and eventually comes to the USA, so expect the history involved to follow that track, as well. This is not so much a building challenge as it is a game play and “Legacy” challenge, and, to that end, I will be providing lots I have built for each generation and era. You are NOT required to use them, however. I highly encourage building your own lots – I’ve had as much fun researching the architecture as I have playing the challenge. The provided lots are linked from a greenish box at the end of each generation’s rules, and will be filled out as I work my way through testing the whole challenge. I have also tried to make this challenge appropriate for all and as family friendly as possible. There will be death and woohoo, however, as those are things that really can’t be avoided. (There is also a tracking spreadsheet created for my version, linked from the challenge page!)

All Packs Extended Not-So-Berry: https://illusorythrall.wordpress.com/home/challenge-rules/gameplay-challenges/all-packs-extended-not-so-berry-challenge/
    Yes, I know there are many different versions of the Not-So-Berry challenge that extend the challenge using newer packs.. but I ended up making my own, anyway. I added in 20+ more generations to account for the new packs, and gave each generation a color, a story and some unique goals to complete. Just for me, because apparently the challenge wasn’t hard enough already, I also added some additional (optional) goals to the first 10 generations. I tried very hard to keep the spirit of the challenge intact, and to change as little as possible for the first ten generations out of respect for the original challenge by LilSimsie. (There is also a tracking spreadsheet created for my version, linked from the challenge page!)

Hard Mode Decades Challenge: https://illusorythrall.wordpress.com/home/challenge-rules/gameplay-challenges/decades-challenge-hard-mode/
    Lastly, I created my own version of the Decades Challenge, and spiced it up with a ton more rolls and rules. It still starts in the 1890s, and goes to present day while trying to experience history as it was then. It’s terribly hard to get game play or even the rules to be completely accurate to history, but myself – and all the other people who have worked on this challenge – have tried very hard to make it as accurate as possible. This version is an adaptation on the base rules by CuteCoffeGal (who has done an AMAZING job, by the way), adding in a whole lot of random rolls and challenges or problems for each decade. I used a couple other Decades-like challenges, and some of my own ideas. (Also of note: this is the history from a Caucasian American perspective. If you’re looking for another perspective, check out some of the other links I have included on the challenge page.) This has already been updated with custom age spans for the Infants, but expect some more updates re: Growing Together to come soon.
  • AlleyKat213AlleyKat213 Posts: 58 Member
    I just recently wrote my own legacy challenge... Can't post it in its own thread yet because I'm still a new member, but hopefully you guys still have fun with it:

TV Family Legacy Challenge:

Rules are simple:

Infants have to remain infants for the entire time.
    Toddlers can be aged up if they get level 3 in all skills, or level 5 on one skill.
    Children can be aged up either by completing their aspirations or by becoming an A student
    Teenagers can be leveled up either by completing their aspirations or by becoming an A student
    Adults must finish at least one level of aspiration before they die.
    Can be done in any order, and you are allowed to use cheats. I understand the game gets annoying without cheats.

Generation 1: The Addamses

“They’re creepy and they’re kooky, mysterious and spooky, they’re all together ooky, the Addams Family”

Starts with a patriarchal household (Gomez Addams)
    Must have either Successful Lineage or Famously Wealthy Aspiration
    Must have Romantic and Gloomy traits
    Must have a partner with the same traits, but Soulmate Aspiration
    Inherited money, so you or your partner don’t have to work a day in your life (feel free to use the Motherlode cheat to become filthy stinking rich)
    Feel free to add Fester and Grandmama, if you’d like.
    Must have at least 3 children, and at least 1 of those children must be a boy.

Generation 2: The Munsters

“The lesson I want you to learn is: It doesn't matter what you look like. You can be tall or short or fat or thin, or ugly or handsome, like your father, or you can be black or yellow or white. It doesn't matter. But what does matter is the size of your heart and the strength of your character.”

After growing up in a family who was wealthy, you didn’t need to work. You had all the money you could ever need. Now you can focus on raising your family. Your story begins as a young adult.

Patriarchal head (Grandpa Munster)
    Optional Pack: Sims 4 Vampires/Werewolves
    Must have Successful Lineage aspiration
    Must have Gloomy and genius traits
    Must have at least 1 daughter, and the daughter must marry a green man (who has the personality trait Childish) and live with you.
    Have 1 grandson, who will be the heir for the next generation.

Generation 3: The Bradys

“Here’s a story, of a lovely lady, who was bringing up 3 very lovely girls. All of them had hair of gold, like their mother, the youngest one in curls.”

Growing up, you were sheltered and didn’t get to talk to people all that much. When you finally meet someone, it’s love at first sight. You settle down in a nice house and raise your family together. Your story begins as a young adult.

Patriarchal Head (Mike Brady)
    Must have Big Happy Family aspiration
    Must have Romantic and Family-Oriented traits
    Must have 6 children, 3 girls and 3 boys. The youngest girl or boy will be the heir.
    Must have a maid.
    Optional Pack: Sims 4 Cats & Dogs

Generation 4: The Partridges

“We had a dream, we'd go travelin' together, We'd spread a little lovin' then we'd keep movin' on.
    Somethin' always happens whenever we're together We get a happy feelin' when we're singing a song.”

Growing up in a large family, you were used to being invisible, after all, you were the youngest girl. You meet a guy, have some kids. You then become the lead singer for your kids’ band, although at first you’re too shy to be in front of people. Your story begins as a young adult.

Matriarchal Head (Shirley Partridge)
    Must have Musical Genius aspiration
    Must follow and max out the Singer occupation
    Must have Family Oriented and Outgoing traits
    Must have 5 kids: 2 girls, 3 boys
    Marry your soulmate and then lose him once the oldest son becomes a teenager.

Or

Generation 4: The Ricardos

“Lucy, you got some ‘splainin’ to do!”

Growing up in a large family, you were used to being invisible, after all, you were the youngest boy. You meet the love of your life and together you move into a small house, and you follow your dream of becoming a lounge singer. Your story begins as a young adult.

Patriarchal Head (RIcky Ricardo)

Must have Musical Genius aspiration
    Must follow and max out the Singer career path
    Must have Hot-headed and Music Lover traits
    Must have at least 1 son
    Must have a wife that has red hair, and has the traits of Family-Oriented and Jealous traits
    Optional Pack: Sims 4 Dine Out- Open your own restaurant and become successful.

Generation 5: The Tanners

“Whatever happened to predictablity? The paperboy, milkman, evening TV? You miss your old familiar friends waiting just around the bend.”

With your family being successful in music, you move into a big house and meet your partner. You get married and get a job working in Journalism. Your story begins as a young adult.

Patriarchal Head (Danny Tanner)
    Must have the Best-Selling author aspiration
    Must follow the Journalist career path
    Must have Neat and Family-Oriented traits
    Must have at least 3 daughters
    Lose wife in a tragic accident
    (Optional: Add Joey and Uncle Jesse to your household)

Generation 6: The Winslows

“It’s a rare condition, this day and age, to read any good news on the newspaper page. And love and tradition of the grand design, some people say it’s even harder to find. Well, there must be some magic clue inside these gentle walls cause all I see is a tower of dreams, real love bursting out of every seam.”

After a long successful line of entertainers, you decide to take a different approach. After you move out, you fall in love with a non-entertainer, get married, and move into a house big enough for 8 people. Your story begins as a young adult.

Matriarchal Head (Estelle Winslow)
    Must have Big Happy Family aspiration
    Must have Family-Oriented and Cheerful traits
    Must marry a policeman
    Must have a son who becomes a police officer
    Son (Hot-Headed and Family-Oriented traits) and wife must live with you after your husband dies.
    Have at least 3 grandchildren
    (Optional: Add Aunt Rachel and Ritchie to household)
    (Also Optional: Make Steve Urkel)

Generation 7: The Banks

“I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 and I yelled to the cabbie ‘Yo holmes, smell ya later’ Looked at my kingdom I was finally there to sit on my throne as the prince of Bel-Air.”

Inspired by your father, you decided to follow in his footsteps and join a criminal justice career. You worked from the ground up and became a successful judge, married a beautiful woman, and settled down in a mansion in the fanciest part of town. Your story begins as a young adult.

Patriarchal Head (Phillip Banks)
    Must have either the Successful Lineage or Fabulously Wealthy aspiration
    Must have a career in Secret Agent (Base Game)
    Must have Foodie and Hot-Headed traits
    Must have a maid or butler
    Must have at least 4 children (2 girls, 2 boys)
    Nephew comes to live with you (Nephew’s traits should be Romantic and Ambitious)
    (Optional: Add Jeff as Will’s best friend)
    Optional Packs: Get to Work for Detective career or DIscover University for Judge career

Generation 8: The Spellmans

“What’s the matter? I have to be a witch, I have to be a mortal, I have to be a teenager, and I have to be a girl, all at the same time. That’s what’s the matter.”

You have a good life, you’re living with your sister, and you have a good relationship with your brothers. You’re not too fond of the fact that one of your brothers married a woman who is so unlike the family, but, you love him all the same. You’ve offered to take your brother’s daughter should he end up dying. Your story starts when you reach young adult.

Matriarchal Head (Zelda or HIlda Spellman)
    Must have the Big Happy Family aspiration
    Must have the Neat and Ambitious traits (Zelda) or Childish and Slob traits (Hilda)
    Must work in some sort of Science field (Zelda)
    Must be good friends with both of your brothers.
    Take in your niece when she’s a child and raise her after her parents’ early demise.
    Optional Packs: Realm of Magic and/or Cats & Dogs

Generation 9: The Gilmores

“If you’re out on the road, feeling lonely and so cold, all you have to do is call my name and I’ll be there on the next train. If you need me, I will follow, anywhere that you tell me to.”

Losing your parents at a young age and being sent to live with your aunts wasn’t exactly something that you were thrilled about. Which is why you become a wild child. Your story starts when you reach teenager.
    Matriarchal Head (Lorelai Gilmore)
    Must have Successful Lineage aspiration
    Must have Cheerful and Ambitious traits
    Must be in the Management branch of the Business career path
    Get pregnant as a teen
    Have at least 1 daughter
    Must not date until your heir is a teenager

Generation 10: The Prouds

“You and me will always be tight. Family every single day and night, even when you start acting like a fool, you know I’m loving every single thing you do. I know that I can always be myself around you more than anybody else.”

As a young adult, you begin to resent your mother for having you way too young and you begin to put a rift between you and your mom so you move out and get married to a swinger. Your story begins when you turn into a young adult.

Matriarchal Head (Suga Mama Proud)
    Must have the Successful Lineage aspiration
    Must have Family-Oriented and Lazy traits
    Must have 1 son with the Master Chef aspiration; Foodie and Ambitious traits
    Your son gets married and has 3 children
    After your husband dies, you move in with your son and his family
    Optional Pack: Cats & Dogs

(You can either end it with the Prouds or you can continue with other generations)

Optional Generations

The Stephens (Bewitched)

Patriarchal Head (Darrin Stephens)
    Must have Soulmate aspiration
    Must join the Management path of the Business career
    Realm of Magic: Must be married to a Spellcaster (Optional)
    Have 2 children

The Bundys (Married... with Children)

Patriarchal Head (Al Bundy)
    Must have Party Animal aspiration
    Must have Slob and Mean traits
    Must have 2 children (1st child when you’re a teenager)
    Get to Work: Own your own retail store (Optional)
    Marry the mother of your child
    Wife must have Materialistic and Lazy traits

The Taylors (The Andy Griffith Show)

Patriarchal Head (Andy Taylor)
    Must have Angling Ace aspiration
    Must join a career that involves Law Enforcement (Special Agent – Base Game, Detective – Get to Work, Judge – DIscovering University
    Marry and have 1 son
    Lose your wife

The Arnolds (The Wonder Years)

Patriarchal Head (Jack Arnold)
    Must have the Big Happy Family aspiration
    Must have Hot-Headed trait
    Must join the Management branch of the Business career
    Must have 3 children

The Taylors (Home Improvement)

Patriarchal Head (Tim Taylor)

Must have Nerd Brain aspiration
    Must max out Handiness level
    Must have 3 children
    Must have Outgoing and Family-Oriented traits

Feel free to suggest other TV Families you'd like to see in the optional generations... Obviously I left out The Huxtables because Bill Cosby was a horrible person IRL and The Bunkers because although Archie wasn't a bad guy, he was kind of racist....
  • je55ica420je55ica420 Posts: 2 New Member
    I love this thread and am amazing by all the work put in as well as how many awesome challenges there are. I'm not sure how to share a Challenge I came up with but This is a link to my tumblr where I have it posted https://www.tumblr.com/jellysimbean-blog/713055885904183296/wild-apple-tree-sims-legacy-challenge
  • AlleyKat213AlleyKat213 Posts: 58 Member
    Update: I've been testing my legacy, and I'm still on the first gen and already it's chaotic! Here is a list of things that has already happened in the 3 hrs I've played it...

1.) Gomez caught on fire because he was standing too close to the fireplace. He was brought back because Morticia pleaded for his life (needless to say, I put a sprinkler fire alarm in the front room just in case it happens again)

2.) As if Gomez catching fire wasn't enough, Fester has started SEVERAL fires just by trying to cook.... I have had to replace the stove and a grill MULTIPLE times. NEVER LET FESTER COOK! HE WILL DO NOTHING BUT DESTROY!

3.) As a result of the many fires Fester has started, and my focusing more attention on the children and less attention on the various fires that have been started by Fester, Morticia has died of starvation and Gomez and Fester are now raising the 3 children. (Gomez was focused on the kids and couldn't get downstairs fast enough to plead for Morticia's life)

So, needless to say, if you need or want a chaotic but fun challenge, you should try this one.... It can either get even more chaotic or less chaotic....
  • afoxstailafoxstail Posts: 29 Member
    I have an addition for the list! The 100 Adopted Babies Challenge

A_Foxs_Tails_100_Adopted_Babies_Challenge.png?width=927&height=522
  • bubblegumsky272bubblegumsky272 Posts: 4 New Member
    Created an account to share this challenge; I'll make it it's own post once I've earned the points and am able to :3

God-mode Parenting Challenge [Sims 4]
    Recommended Expansion Pack: Growing Together

Test your sims parenting skills with this short but difficult challenge. Start as a new sim, or play a child up to adulthood to make sure you are a skilled adult ready to raise that child. How long will your child live? Did you manage to inspire them to go to college? Any future generations spawning from your autonomous sim?

Challenge Rules:
    -- Have a baby. You are NEVER allowed to play as the child.
    -- Raise the child by interacting with it only as the other household sims
    -- Use ‘Form a Group’ honestly - do not form a group simply to order the child around. Use only when a group is doing an activity together.
    -- When old enough you can populate the friend list on Social Bunny, but you can not use Social Bunny to message, post, or react.
    -- Pop-ups and prompts related to the autonomous child (invitations to hangout) are allowed to be accepted.

Looking for harder challenge?

Parenting+ Modifications:
    -- Only interact with the child as the parent(s) - no siblings or grandparents
    -- When child becomes an adult, move them out to live on their own

Win Conditions:
    1. Autonomous child dies of old age
    2. Sim-God never controlled said autonomous child during their life

Original Post here:
    https://www.tumblr.com/bubblegumsky272/715138497701429248/god-mode-parenting-challenge-sims-4?source=share

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top