Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*SOLVED* Screenshot Help, Please?!

okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
I don't know when or why they changed the way screenshots are done, but I'm finding it quite annoying. They don't appear in the screenshots folder anymore? How am I supposed to access and share them without uploading to a social media site? It's very frustrating... There was nothing wrong with the other way... What can I do, if anything?
Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!

Comments

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Mine still show up in the screenshots folder. Not sure why yours aren't.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Mine are still working too! Perhaps do a repair of your game?! I hope you resolve this issue soon. I love taking pictures while I play.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Hello
    The screenshots should still be appearing in the screenshots folder.
    Try moving the screenshots folder to your desktop. Then launch the game, and start playing your save game. A new screenshots folder will have been generated. Take some screenshots and check to make sure that you are notified by the game that you have taken them, and that they show up in the screenshot manager. Then exit the game. Then check the new screenshots folder and see if the pictures are there.
  • okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    I'll try that, thanks. Idk what's wrong with it either :/
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I had this happen to me last week. What caused it for me was I was building a lot that had heavy use of MOO. Removed the lot from my game and all went back to normal. This was after I went as did all the normal stuff one would do try and fix your game. I did end up losing a few save files though.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • earthgirlearthgirl Posts: 1,026 Member
    I once had an issue where the C key didn't work in-game, so I had to pause the game and click on the camera in order to take screenshots.
    Is that it? Did you get a notification when you took the screenshots? If you didn't, there were no screeshots.
    NK4koaX.png
    earthgirl wrote: »
    I once had an issue where the C key didn't work in-game, so I had to pause the game and click on the camera in order to take screenshots.
    Is that it? Did you get a notification when you took the screenshots? If you didn't, there were no screeshots.

Yeah, I get the notification, just no photos.
    I had this happen to me last week. What caused it for me was I was building a lot that had heavy use of MOO. Removed the lot from my game and all went back to normal. This was after I went as did all the normal stuff one would do try and fix your game. I did end up losing a few save files though.

I did use MOO a little and it's a big lot I'm trying to take pics of. I don't see how that could cause a problem though, but who knows.

okester wrote: »

I did use MOO a little and it's a big lot I'm trying to take pics of. I don't see how that could cause a problem though, but who knows.

That is exactly what happened to me. I was all proud of the prize station for the arcade I was trying to build, went to take a screen shot and it was missing from the folder. Yet the screen popped up saying it was in there.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´

That is exactly what happened to me. I was all proud of the prize station for the arcade I was trying to build, went to take a screen shot and it was missing from the folder. Yet the screen popped up saying it was in there.

If you're still having the issue, try the above solutions. Worked for me (Thanks btw everyone!)

If you're still having the issue, try the above solutions. Worked for me (Thanks btw everyone!)

Oh I fixed it a few hours later and caused a few other issues along the way. I got it all fixed and lost a few saves along the way, but I fixed it.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´