Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University Life: No Sims in Dorms?

Whenever I send my sim to University, and I move him into a dorm, only one other sim besides him shows up to live in it? This is a first gen household, so I've never been to uni in this save. Does anyone know what's going on/how I can fix it?

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    That's weird - I have never seen that happen. Did your sim take the test and pay their fee etc and then take the van to the Uni? When they get there and you pick the dorm - there should be a bunch of sims outside. The game then tells you to hurry up and claim a bed - so you go to one of the rooms and claim the bed as do all the other sims until the dorm is filled. There are always full dorms in my game. So no, never had any issues with it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• KandyKandy Posts: 2,008 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    That's weird - I have never seen that happen. Did your sim take the test and pay their fee etc and then take the van to the Uni? When they get there and you pick the dorm - there should be a bunch of sims outside. The game then tells you to hurry up and claim a bed - so you go to one of the rooms and claim the bed as do all the other sims until the dorm is filled. There are always full dorms in my game. So no, never had any issues with it.

The first time he took the test, and the second time he didn't. It didn't seem to affect the number of sims. And yeah all the usual uni pick up stuff happened. But when it came time to pick a dorm, only one other sim showed up...? All the notifications popped up fine. And I tried this with two different dorms-same thing happened with both. I might just "pretend" that he goes to college :lol: cause this doesn't seem to be a problem anyone else has had before