March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch affects groups

Comments

• cheifeagleeyecheifeagleeye Posts: 542 Member
    Mine have been up dated to ver3.0.3
  • CarpeNoctemSimsCarpeNoctemSims Posts: 328 Member
    If you have the mod called McCmdCenter remove it and restart your game and you will find that this is what cause the problem, In MY GAME it works fine after removing the McCmdCenter mod Thanks

My game was mod/cc free when my clubs broke. In a brand new TS4 folder that was created after the patch but before going into any save, so it was not caused by a mod or CC.

I don't want to play my game without the clubs. I won't play it and that means I won't be buying anything new that comes out either because what's the point? I'm just messing around recoloring and making some mods and trying to wait patiently for a fix.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited December 2016
    Mendota wrote: »
    Felicity wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, since clubs are being looked at, has the issue with romantic interactions causing jealousy and not happening autonomously in clubs been fixed at this point? Being able to have a free pass for romantic encounters was one of the selling points for GT and essential for some types of stories.

This issues is about undoing the damage that was caused by the patch. They are not looking at clubs in general. You should post this issue to the feedback forum. Right now they are in "emergency" mode. They need to get this issue fixed ASAP.

I would say that that was also damage done by a patch and since they're actually looking at clubs right now which they broke further, that maybe they can actually fix them to where they were working when GT was released. /shrug. Me asking about that (which, incidentally, I did ask about in feedback several times) doesn't stop them from fixing at least this particular issue.

So I take it they were still broken (I haven't played in several months) and they broke them further.
  • MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    Out of curiosity, since clubs are being looked at, has the issue with romantic interactions causing jealousy and not happening autonomously in clubs been fixed at this point? Being able to have a free pass for romantic encounters was one of the selling points for GT and essential for some types of stories.

This issues is about undoing the damage that was caused by the patch. They are not looking at clubs in general. You should post this issue to the feedback forum. Right now they are in "emergency" mode. They need to get this issue fixed ASAP.

I would say that that was also damage done by a patch and since they're actually looking at clubs right now which they broke further, that maybe they can actually fix them to where they were working when GT was released. /shrug. Me asking about that (which, incidentally, I did ask about in feedback several times) doesn't stop them from fixing at least this particular issue.

So I take it they were still broken (I haven't played in several months) and they broke them further.

If you haven't played in several months, how do you know if the problem still exist? And this break is much more serious than what you describe. In fact, I am not sure what you are talking about.

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Well, it's time to set Windows Backup in order to save Program Files\The Sims 4.

The next time I will be able to restore my game without the latest patch.

Actually windows restore does not affect the program files as far as I can tell. I tried to roll back my Sims 3 game once in restore and that did not change. In fact Windows seems to take pride in not changing your game and program files. Unless they changed things for Windows 10, that is how Windows always worked before. You could totally roll back windows or restore to an earlier place and my Sims files were never once affected. About the only way I could protect my game files was download the saves somewhere else before a Sims update.

As for the update today affecting my game badly - I really didn't try much - just checked out the Christmas stuff and tried the poppers mostly. I don't use mods or CC or Clubs at all - so did not see an issue in what I checked - other than my sim being irked she got no gift from the Cracker popper before she had to go to work. LOL.

ETA - Hubby just came in from work (he is a PC Tech) and he said to go here:

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/reset-your-windows-10-system-with-the-keep-my-files-option/

(or go to microsoft. My hubby says these instructions though do things the same way he and other techs do.)

and it will instruct you different way Windows 10 does things. He says be careful - you make the wrong choice and Windows 10 will remove everything back to factory settings including uninstall all your games. Not quite like previous versions of Windows I guess.

Windows does and always has replaced program files. But it can overlook by design program files that are not executable. It varies. If a patch changes the actual exe file that Windows will roll it back for you. If other types of files are changed it may or may not touch them. In which case you end up with an "unholy hybrid" as Pescado once described it.

What is not touched are files in the documents folder because they are considered personal data. It also excludes pictures, music and videos. The option that your husband came up with is drastic and would require a re install of all your programs, which would be of no help here as you would be installing the patched version of the game. A simple system restore will usually do the trick as long as you have set it up before you need it.

The saves are in the documents folder.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Well, it's time to set Windows Backup in order to save Program Files\The Sims 4.

The next time I will be able to restore my game without the latest patch.

Actually windows restore does not affect the program files as far as I can tell. I tried to roll back my Sims 3 game once in restore and that did not change. In fact Windows seems to take pride in not changing your game and program files. Unless they changed things for Windows 10, that is how Windows always worked before. You could totally roll back windows or restore to an earlier place and my Sims files were never once affected. About the only way I could protect my game files was download the saves somewhere else before a Sims update.

As for the update today affecting my game badly - I really didn't try much - just checked out the Christmas stuff and tried the poppers mostly. I don't use mods or CC or Clubs at all - so did not see an issue in what I checked - other than my sim being irked she got no gift from the Cracker popper before she had to go to work. LOL.

ETA - Hubby just came in from work (he is a PC Tech) and he said to go here:

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/reset-your-windows-10-system-with-the-keep-my-files-option/

(or go to microsoft. My hubby says these instructions though do things the same way he and other techs do.)

and it will instruct you different way Windows 10 does things. He says be careful - you make the wrong choice and Windows 10 will remove everything back to factory settings including uninstall all your games. Not quite like previous versions of Windows I guess.

Windows does and always has replaced program files. But it can overlook by design program files that are not executable. It varies. If a patch changes the actual exe file that Windows will roll it back for you. If other types of files are changed it may or may not touch them. In which case you end up with an "unholy hybrid" as Pescado once described it.

What is not touched are files in the documents folder because they are considered personal data. It also excludes pictures, music and videos. The option that your husband came up with is drastic and would require a re install of all your programs, which would be of no help here as you would be installing the patched version of the game. A simple system restore will usually do the trick as long as you have set it up before you need it.

The saves are in the documents folder.

I know. That is why system restore won't touch them. But in this case the issue is the patch. And the new patch over rides the previous exe. This can be rolled back and if you have back ups of your saves or haven't opened the game, then System restore can help you. In the end it is always best to have a copy of your save files backed up in another place such as a key drive. The point is you do not want to reset your whole machine as your husband suggested just for a bad patch. No point in having to re install everything on the system (which usually takes days) just because Maxis messed up a patch.

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    edited December 2016
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    I just discovered another issue (but perhaps this is old): My Sim started a meeting of his fitness club at a Karaoke bar. This immediately teleported his mother's singing club to the bar. The singing club has the bar as default meeting point. No I have two parallel club meetings. I think something similar has already happened once before the last patch. Perhaps the gurus can investigate this issue as well.
  • knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    I've not touched the Club system since new patch just in case, but have now noticed that my relationships for active households have reset as if my Sims have never met there neighbors before.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I don't have mods and my groups are broken to. I have several clubs two of which are garden clubs, they both meet at a park I made in the city. But when my sim goes to a different park all the group show up and his club panel shows a club gathering has started. and I see his club points going up. but when he gets home all his points are gone. But so far no one has been kicked out of either club. and my sim was the last one who joined since the patch.
    I just discovered another issue (but perhaps this is old): My Sim started a meeting of his fitness club at a Karaoke bar. This immediately teleported his mother's singing club to the bar. The singing club has the bar as default meeting point. No I have two parallel club meetings. I think something similar has already happened once before the last patch. Perhaps the gurus can investigate this issue as well.

Is she a member of the active household? If she is then that almost sounds like a return of the old glitch where clubs would auto-gather if two or more of them were in the same household together. However, it's got a new flavor to it.

If she isn't then it's acting the way it should. It's why I have so many clubs in my save, the auto-gathering of inactive clubs makes my venues feel alive because the sims are doing things.
    knazzer wrote: »
    I've not touched the Club system since new patch just in case, but have now noticed that my relationships for active households have reset as if my Sims have never met there neighbors before.

I had that happen as well and thought that maybe I had forgotten to fill their bars. I usually fill the bars of all the club members.
    The mother is indeed a member of the active household, so this should not happen IMO ...
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I really wish people on this post would stop claiming that it's a mod causing these issues people are having. You can't blame everything on mods. Sometimes the game is legitimately broken and needs to be fixed. I'm running the game with no mods and am having the same problems others seem to be as well. My club members are disappearing. My club points are being reset back to zero after every gathering. It's not just happening to one club either. All the clubs my Sims are part of are doing this. I really hope this issue gets fixed... the clubs and gatherings are a major reason why I even play The Sims 4 still. They actually add some really good gameplay. Without them, I'd be extremely bored with the game and would probably stop playing.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
    edited December 2016
    The mother is indeed a member of the active household, so this should not happen IMO ...

No, it shouldn't. The game shouldn't be taking members of your active household and doing anything with them. One of the reasons I no longer play in SM is because of things like this (the taking of active Sims and making them do things).

I had sent my evil crime boss to a karaoke bar because he needed to do some mean interactions for his job. I had his club of baddies meet there. This randomly generated Sim approached him while he was talking to his sister and propositioned him. They didn't even know each other! She never did a greeting or anything. I had placed a closest in the bar for dates purposes. I cancelled the action in time to stop it from happening because it was queued up for him with no input on my part. He gained a romantic interest with this sim even though nothing happened!

I was livid.

I had him and his sister do auto mean stuff with the sim and then deleted her and removed anything that can be used for woohoo from all my community lots.

It was the last straw (so many issues with SM) and my sims moved out of their luxury penthouse (along with all their family members who I had placed in the neighborhood around them) and back to OS where I have more control of what happens to my sims.
    I really wish people on this post would stop claiming that it's a mod causing these issues people are having. You can't blame everything on mods. Sometimes the game is legitimately broken and needs to be fixed. I'm running the game with no mods and am having the same problems others seem to be as well. My club members are disappearing. My club points are being reset back to zero after every gathering. It's not just happening to one club either. All the clubs my Sims are part of are doing this. I really hope this issue gets fixed... the clubs and gatherings are a major reason why I even play The Sims 4 still. They actually add some really good gameplay. Without them, I'd be extremely bored with the game and would probably stop playing.
    Who is claiming this? I have no mods, this is a real bug. The Gurus have already started to repair it.
    edited December 2016
    Who is claiming this? I have no mods, this is a real bug. The Gurus have already started to repair it.

Somebody back did? They said it was MCCC that did this (unless I'm getting my threads confused). I responded pretty much the same as @Lustianicia and stated that it happened in my game that was mod/cc free at the time.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member

I wasn't referring to you, but there are some people on here trying to tell others that it could be mods (even though many people have already stated that they have no mods in their game while this glitch is happening).
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    Hello
    I have edited my post on the previous page to make it clear that it is not mods/cc at all that is causing the club issues. I didn't want anyone to think that I was saying that it was caused by mods. I will quote here what I added to the post

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15380023/#Comment_15380023
    I just wanted to add that MC Command Center mod is not causing the issue with the clubs. I am only posting that there is an updated version of the mod to download. The issues with the clubs are not caused at all by mods/cc.

I have had than happen, but it wasn't an issue for me. The more the merrier as I like to have public places full.

• wallisdjwallisdj Posts: 18 Member
    Excuse me, but I just happen to akin to a village idiot! But who the heck is coming up with these updates? And what rationale?

It is taking more than four hours to update my game. And the reason? There is no reason!!!! I don't have any glitches like the ones described!

And the one thing that our "Dear Leaders" in Sims-land who think they know it all best for us haven't fixed is the god-🐸🐸🐸🐸 bookcase, which is a mess! No chronological order! You can buy books in chronological order! What was so hard that the Sims 3 managing of books and the ability to read / not read books depending upon skill that it could not be translated into Sims 4?

My advice? Leave the $%%-ing game alone until after new releases are tested thoroughly to the point where no patches are needed. Is the desire for money so great that that the company has completely forgotten customer satisfaction? What happened to product quality and dependability? Oh, that's right! We let the liberals start running the country where anything goes, and everything goes out the window!

Lastly, get rid of that awful Origin interface! Let us be able to play our games when we want and without all of these updates. The only time I have ever had to update Sims 3 is when I added a new add-on. And it will be a cold day in Hades if I ever do that again!
    Change my comment to "all day"! 🐸🐸🐸🐸 thing says 1 hour and something to 3 hours and something. I live in a third world country, you know! The decent thing to do is sent the patch via zip or like program and let my computer do the unwrapping!
  • VirtualPets65VirtualPets65 Posts: 133 Member
    Wallisdj-you might want to change your post so it doesn't include the word "Liberals". Some people may take offense at what you said.
    Don't care, VirtualPets65. Liberals are for free speech until the free speech comes back to them! It's time we start being offensive to people. Didn't hurt before. Can't hurt again.
    wallisdj wrote: »
    Don't care, VirtualPets65. Liberals are for free speech until the free speech comes back to them! It's time we start being offensive to people. Didn't hurt before. Can't hurt again.
    The broken club system is an important issue to be fixed, so please don't ruin my thread with some obscure political agenda. It has to stay open.

• alwaysl00king2alwaysl00king2 Posts: 50 Member
    wallisdj wrote: »
    The broken club system is an important issue to be fixed, so please don't ruin my thread with some obscure political agenda. It has to stay open.

I agree the club system has been broken.

I have noticed this with the club points being taken to zero. Yes I have mods that fill clubs, but they seem to always have to fill the clubs. My main thing I've noticed with clubs is that the club have points until I have the club gathering at the main SIMS residents. At that time the actions still remain, but the club reward balance goes to zero, and I seem to gain no more club points.

Add this to city life: If a club party is arranged during the time a city life activity is happening, even if my SIM is not part of, the members of the group do not actually join my club party. "well some do some don't" Some will join the party right away, others may join later, and some just don't show up. This is while I am playing a SIM in the city.

So I agree something is broke.
    -AL2

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top