Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A new BUG found "Come and get it street store"

PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
So, I made a sim. She's a farmer and she makes her living selling vegetables and fruits.
However, when I try to sell them using the table that came with CL, the produce that she sells does not disappear from her inventory.
She can make a fortune selling the same apple over and over again. I actually tested it. I put exactly 1 apple on the "come and get it street store" and started a street sale. About 5 sims came up and bought THE ONLY APPLE IN THE INVENTORY. My sim got payed 5 times for the same apple and the apple stayed in the inventory nevertheless.

Now I feel that my sim is a fraud, but it's so not like her. She's good and she would never be tricking other sims like that.

Update 12/1/2016 It only happens when my sims sells stuff in the streets.
If she starts a yard sale, her produce disappears as supposed to.

@SimStaffBethelle could you please move this to bugs section?
Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

Post edited by PrincessVee on

Comments

• Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    You should put a fish and loaf of bread on the table and change the sims name to Jesus. (Runs off to do just that...)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    So, I made a sim. She's a farmer and she makes her living selling vegetables and fruits.
    However, when I try to sell them using the table that came with CL, the produce that she sells does not disappear from her inventory.
    She can make a fortune selling the same apple over and over again. I actually tested it. I put exactly 1 apple on the "come and get it street store" and started a street sale. About 5 sims came up and bought THE ONLY APPLE IN THE INVENTORY. My sim got payed 5 times for the same apple and the apple stayed in the inventory nevertheless.

Now I feel that my sim is a fraud, but it's so not like her. She's good and she would never be tricking other sims like that.

This just goes to the heart of The Sims 4. I don't think developers get us at all. It's not about kaching money in succession, we can do that sort of game in PlayFirst or PopCap games, it's about the doing. The Sim needing more wares on the table and actually running out of stock. Even if this is a bug it should make people upset because most paid $40 for this EP when they can get it for half, bugs and all.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Who says the Sims 4 don't have magic. They need to make the song Money for Nothing in Simlish for City Living. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    Bump!
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)
    We'll investigate this, thanks for the report @PrincessVee. Were you using any cheats that could've potentially affected this? Thanks again!
    We'll investigate this, thanks for the report @PrincessVee. Were you using any cheats that could've potentially affected this? Thanks again!

No! I made sure to test it in a cheat and mod free save. Thank you for investigating!

@SimGuruNick I just went into the game to test it again. What I did:
    - put the table in my inventory
    - went onto a side walk, clicked on the table and chose "place in world"
    - stoked the table with a collectible Jenny doll and sold her. She disappeared from my inventory.
    - next I stoked my table with one mushroom. A couple of sims came up and bought it, and it still stayed in the tables inventory.

So it seems to be affecting only harvestables.

• KandyceKandyce Posts: 74 Member
    edited May 2017
    I am having this issue. It doesn't matter if it is a street or yard sale, the produce does not disappear. Fish and build/buy items do disappear. :|
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    Kandyce wrote: »
    I am having this issue. It doesn't matter if it is a street or yard sale, the produce does not disappear. Fish and build/buy items do disappear. :|

Hello @Kandyce
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair

rosemow wrote: »

Hello @Kandyce
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair

It's not a cc or mod problem. It's a bug that is still not solved. I can confirm it because I also experience it in my game.

edited May 2017
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @Kandyce

It's not a cc or mod problem. It's a bug that is still not solved. I can confirm it because I also experience it in my game.

Hello
    I am sorry that you are continuing to have it occur in your game :(
  • Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    The produce has always been like that from the time the sales tables came out in CL. Although there is a limit on produce for how many fish you can catch with one, or how many plants you can fertilize with one, there is no limit on how many times it will sell. It never does disappear. As long as everything else disappears when sold, your sales table is working fine.

I really think there should be a cap on it as you can never get rid of excess produce by selling it this way.
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    I can confirm its happening in my game too. Has anyone made an EA thread about this?
    I can confirm its happening in my game too. Has anyone made an EA thread about this?

Hello
    I don't think that there is a thread on the AHQ EA site about the issue
    You may like to start one on the site
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    Thanks @rosemow.

I prob won't have a chance to start one till tomorrow, so anyone else who could do so sooner, please feel free.