Disclaimer: I do not own the Harry Potter franchise, or own the copyright to the terms 'muggle' or the type of wizards modeled in this challenge. I merely take inspiration from J.K. Rowling's series. I also took some inspiration from the 100 baby challenge, so you may see some similar rules. This is my first challenge and I hope it brings many people joy! If you take on this challenge please include a hashtag with your characters to inspire others! Have fun! #wizardsinthemuggleworld Wizards in the Muggle WorldObjective: To raise as many children as possible into healthy adults without being caught by the Muggles! The Sim with the most children at the end of his/her lifespan wins.Storyline:
You’re the last of your Pureblood family line, and your vault is almost empty. What’s a Pureblood wizard to do? The Ministry is offering a challenge to repopulate family lines. You and three friends decide to dare each other to complete the challenge. You must enter into the Muggle world in disguise, taking with you a minimum of Galleons given to you by the Ministry which they have converted to Muggle currency. There, you must purchase/build a home to live in and persuade Muggles of the opposite sex to have children with you without revealing yourself as a wizard. Your half-blood children will be fresh blood to fuel your dying family line! You must also provide for and raise your children into well-educated adults. As an added incentive, the Ministry has added a bonus sum of $100, 000 Simolians to whichever family can raise the most future wizards.You Need: The Sims 4 “Get to Work” Expansion PackSetup:
- Create 4 Alien Sims: blue, white, purple, and green. Each Sim must have at least one trait or aspiration to help them in the challenge, such as the "successful lineage" or "big happy family" aspirations, or the "family oriented" or "romantic trait" (other traits/aspirations are up to you). Their disguised forms MUST have the same hair colour as their alien skin. (Example: Blue alien has blue hair in disguise form). You can change their disguised forms as many times as you like during play, but their hair colour must follow the rules.
- Each Sim starts out with $20, 000 Simolians. They must purchase/build a house to live in at the following locations:
Blue – Willow Creek – fishing
White – Oasis Springs – writing
Purple – Magnolia Promenade – painting
Green – Newcrest – gardening
- They are not allowed to have a career but must rely on their basic skills to earn income for their family.
- The house can be as simple or as fancy as you like, but should have the necessary requirements for the Sim to earn money.
Blue – nothing
White – computer
Purple – easel
Green – garden and seeds
- When starting the game, in order to play multiple households in the same file, go into the in-game options under the game play tab and set the age to "Aging Off" (Played Sims). Select "Auto-Age" (Unplayed Sims). Place each Sim in a house/build one, and play with them a little so they know how to cook/go to the bathroom/claim a bed before moving on to the next Sim.
Once you have done this, decide on your length of game play (short, normal, long, or age off) and set it up in the game play tab. If you decide on age off, designate a set number of days for the challenge. (For instance, I am playing with age off, but I keep track of the days, and once Sims reach day 40, the challenge is over for me.)
- Keep track of the hours you play. Play with each Sim the same amount of time. What your Sim contestants manage to do in this time will determine the winner.
(Example: You could decide to play one character per day for 1 hr. Or within 2 hours, you could play each character for 30 min.)
- You must play an equal amount of time in each household.
- Wizard Sims cannot have jobs. (They fear being found out at work!) They may only use fishing, writing, painting, and gardening until their first child is born. They may acquire different skills by visiting each other, and observing each other work.
- Wizard Sims may move/upgrade houses as more money is made.
- Children must have the last name of their wizard parent.
- Babies must be aged up right away (or you risk losing them to social services when you switch to another household).
- Children may not be aged up until they are a Grade A in school or it is their birthday.
- Teenagers may not be aged up until they are a Grade A in school or it is their birthday. They may get part time jobs to help the household.
- Adult children must get a job and move out. Bonus points if you can get your adult child to marry an alien.
- If you are playing with mixed genders (ie. Some wizards are female, some are males), males may not impregnate a new female until after the first female has given birth. (Or both male and female sims are allowed to use the cheat to give birth instantly.)
- Muggles may become the girlfriend/boyfriend of the wizards and may move in with the wizards until the child is born, but then they must be moved out again! This is dangerous because it’s much easier for the Wizard’s secret to be found out. It might be necessary to check on the pregnancy status of the Muggle, however.
- Muggles may not marry Wizards unless they show they are accepting of the Wizards’ status (For example, if a muggle finds out you are a wizard, your relationship bar WILL go down. If it goes into red, the muggle has rejected your wizard and must have their mind erased. If your relationship bar is still in the green, the muggle doesn't like the fact that you're a wizard, but will tolerate you. You, as the wizard, must then decide if you want to pay the Ministry fee to allow the muggle to keep their memories of you, or erase their memory anyway. [see fee below])
- You may choose whether your Wizard wants to impregnate a different Muggle every time or settle down with a Muggle (or two). Keep in mind it is more advantageous to try more in hopes of meeting a Wizard in disguise. You may NOT have children with one of the other 3 Wizards (aliens) competing with you. You may create Sims for your Wizard to meet, although creating more Wizard (alien) Sims is not allowed.
- If a Wizard is discovered by a Muggle and found to be ‘alien’—he or she must use their power ‘Erase Memory’ to ensure the Muggle doesn’t find out about the Wizarding world. Every time this happens, your Sim must pay a $100 fee to the Ministry.
- If you wish to bond closely with a Muggle and NOT erase their memory, you must pay a $500 fine. Reduce your income using the cheat:sims.modify_funds <(-)500> or sims.modify_funds <(-)1000>
- Once a Wizard has reached elder status, he/she is not allowed to have children. Use the cheat: death.toggle if you don’t want the Wizards to die.
- Once all four Wizards have reached elder status, count up the children and award the winning wizard $100, 000 Simoleons using the cheat: <motherload> twice!
- Every halfblood child =100 pts. (you lose points if your baby is taken away by social services)
- If you happen to have a child with another Wizard in disguise (alien), the resulting child = 200 pts.
- If your child completes their aspirations = 50 pts.
- If your child gets an A in school = 50 pts.
- If your adult child marries another Wizard in disguise (alien) = 400 bonus pts.
- If your Sim completes their lifetime aspiration = 100 bonus pts.
- If you are playing with all-male Sims, any Wizard Sim can build the Satellite and try to be abducted to get a Pureblood baby.
To do this:
- Use the cheat code:Control + Shift + C bb.showhiddenobjects
- Then, Enter Buy Mode (F2)
- Type 'satellite' into the search box
- Satellite in misc electronics will appear - place it