The Sims 4 will be FREE to download across PC/Mac & Consoles on October 18! More info here: here
September 23rd- It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

Culling, Relationship Culling & Decay: Current Status

14567810...Next

Comments

  • GardeningSimmerGardeningSimmer Posts: 41 Member
    If I never met a sim and they died, will I still get a notification that they are about to get culled even if I never knew them?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 36,297 Member
    If I never met a sim and they died, will I still get a notification that they are about to get culled even if I never knew them?

    I'm not actually sure!
    Want to be notified of new Broken/Updated Mods/CC lists and new Info threads? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising
  • AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
    If I never met a sim and they died, will I still get a notification that they are about to get culled even if I never knew them?

    I wouldn't think so. The game would have no reason to think you would want to do anything about saving them if you never even encountered them. I can't say 100% though since I've never checked.
    a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
    Thoughts on a new wall mode?
  • ZoreloraZorelora Posts: 54 Member
    I noticed that the relationship culling didn’t hit only sims with 35+ relationships. my sim knows only 20 people and all of his acquaintances are gone when I switched to play other household. Is it normal?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 36,297 Member
    Zorelora wrote: »
    I noticed that the relationship culling didn’t hit only sims with 35+ relationships. my sim knows only 20 people and all of his acquaintances are gone when I switched to play other household. Is it normal?

    Based on what we knew previously, no, it isn't. It's possible that there's been a change in the coding for relationship culling that @Neia hasn't seen yet.
    Want to be notified of new Broken/Updated Mods/CC lists and new Info threads? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising
  • ZoreloraZorelora Posts: 54 Member
    Thank you @luthienrising. In my game they culled everyone except very close friends and family for sims with under 35 relationships and also culled some sims with hidden tag like had woohoo/enemy. I better set mcc cleaner now. :(
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    Thank you for this post. Ive never understood this feature and now I have a place to refer to. :)
  • Susim62Susim62 Posts: 223 Member
    Zorelora wrote: »
    Thank you @luthienrising. In my game they culled everyone except very close friends and family for sims with under 35 relationships and also culled some sims with hidden tag like had woohoo/enemy. I better set mcc cleaner now. :(

    What does MCCC cleaner do in relation to this problem?
    I have had relationships constantly culled for years even though I have MCC set to No Relationship Culling.
    It's madly annoying to have to reintroduce sims that I know have met and interacted several times.
    Neia's mod worked for me, but I don't suppose it's compatible wIth MCCC.

  • ZoreloraZorelora Posts: 54 Member
    edited June 2020
    Susim62 wrote: »
    Zorelora wrote: »
    Thank you @luthienrising. In my game they culled everyone except very close friends and family for sims with under 35 relationships and also culled some sims with hidden tag like had woohoo/enemy. I better set mcc cleaner now. :(

    What does MCCC cleaner do in relation to this problem?
    I have had relationships constantly culled for years even though I have MCC set to No Relationship Culling.
    It's madly annoying to have to reintroduce sims that I know have met and interacted several times.
    Neia's mod worked for me, but I don't suppose it's compatible wIth MCCC.

    Hi! i haven’t tried it yet. It doesn’t work??? :o
    I just set to cull only relationships that are under 20% but I haven’t go to check other families yet.

  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 36,297 Member
    @Susim62. @Neia's mod is for people who don't use MCCC. If you're getting relationship culling in spite of your MCCC settings, head over to Deaderpool's Discord server for support.
    Want to be notified of new Broken/Updated Mods/CC lists and new Info threads? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising
  • Susim62Susim62 Posts: 223 Member
    @Zorelora it may very well work for you. I feel what's happening in my game may be the exception.
    @luthienrising I know the people over on that discord are very helpful, but I find the site somewhat intimidating.
    I think I know where the problem might be. Each time I update MCCC I delete all files and the localthumbcache, EXCEPT for the settings file.
    Next time I update I will delete that too and start afresh.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 4,544 Member
    Susim62 wrote: »
    I have had relationships constantly culled for years even though I have MCC set to No Relationship Culling.
    It's madly annoying to have to reintroduce sims that I know have met and interacted several times.

    I experience something similar, but only with children and toddlers. The parents tend to forget their children's friends when I rotate away from the household for a while, regardless of the strength of the relationship. MCCC is set to no relationship culling, but I'm not sure if this is a MC problem or a game feature to prevent kids building creepy relationships with random adults.
    Join my sims on a giant tuna fishing cruise on my blog
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,049 Member
    @Neia Please can you tell me, are your no relationship decay and no culling mods both still working?
  • Cleo60Cleo60 Posts: 25 Member
    @luthienrising: Please can you tell me whether the population limit still is 800? I have reached this number now in My households because I have Sims housed in all worlds and I've saved a lot of NPCs and townies too.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 36,297 Member
    @Cleo60 I don't have the ability to read the code for that, but hopefully @Neia is around.
    Want to be notified of new Broken/Updated Mods/CC lists and new Info threads? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,004 Member
    Cleo60 wrote: »
    @luthienrising: Please can you tell me whether the population limit still is 800? I have reached this number now in My households because I have Sims housed in all worlds and I've saved a lot of NPCs and townies too.

    I guess then the game will use some of the housed (non-played) sims to fill npc roles if the ones yet used for that die or you played with them

  • SwanSong93SwanSong93 Posts: 240 Member
    Is the countdown for ghosts really 90 days? I thought it's shorter than that...
  • Cleo60Cleo60 Posts: 25 Member
    @luthienrising: Thank you for your answer.
    @leo3487: Thank you, too. I'm playing with aging off. (I hope this is the right description. Sorry for my English.) There are some of the 800 sims used for NPC roles already. That's not too bad. But what I fear is: even favourite sims could be culled if I add some more (if the limit still is 800).
  • DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    @luthienrising I haven't seen an update of information in this thread for quite a while now. The implementation of neighborhood stories has made me wonder how culling, relationships etc. might be affected. Is any new information available, or should I consider this thread defunct?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 36,297 Member
    DOLLDRMS1 wrote: »
    @luthienrising I haven't seen an update of information in this thread for quite a while now. The implementation of neighborhood stories has made me wonder how culling, relationships etc. might be affected. Is any new information available, or should I consider this thread defunct?

    Neia hasn't been active for a long time, but there's also been no indication that the information has changed. Still, I wouldn't trust anymore that the numbers are accurate. I would assume this is defunct.
    Want to be notified of new Broken/Updated Mods/CC lists and new Info threads? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 22
    The numbers for total sims before culling kicks in haven't changed in a few years, so at least that number is still accurate, though you have it presented as a 'in total' number and it's actually a couple of numbers which combined add up to that. In my game I see culling start at around 630 sims total, because the cap for one category is just shy of that and it's where most sims in my game are categorized.

    I can't say if the ghost timer for culling is still the same though, that's not a number I watch in the tuning files at all as I aggressively purge them early by releasing spirits.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    @luthienrising thank you for the response. I'll leave the thread bookmarked for a while, in case someone else like @Stormkeep wants to stop by with input.

    @Stormkeep I really appreciate you taking the time to share your information. Thank you!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 36,297 Member
    Likewise!
    Want to be notified of new Broken/Updated Mods/CC lists and new Info threads? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top