Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Invite to Opera? Well... if there isn't one, build it!

When I first saw the message that someone invited my Sim to the opera, I got really excited. But alas, there is no opera in San Myshuno. But that's the fun thing about Sims, if there isn't one, you can build it!

Before anyone gets their hopes up, nope, my version isn't a real opera with performances on stage that Sims can watch. Maybe we'll get a add on again where we can do things like that but I'm happy with what I have now. Which is a setting that supports the stories in my head. I had some real issues with the Sims3 stages and nearly never used it as intended.

I tried to create something that resembles a (modern) real life opera house, which means there's a stage, lowered area for the musicians, rooms for the star performers and other artists, a loading area in the back for the requisites, entrance hall, restrooms, a bar, practice room, ground floor seating and the cheaper seats high up with boxes in between. Your Sim can improve their dancing skills, singing, painting-

-and then there's the old underground caverns for the creepy sort of rendezvous. Yes, I'm a huge fan of Phantom of the Opera.

mued84.jpg

The pic is fairly dark, I'm sorry. The stage setting is for a performance of 'Spicemarket Story' by Leo Simstein, btw.

I will alter it in the future. Add some clutter for the storage area or add details. Now, I'm curious what other players have done or want to do to deal with the lack of 'Opera'?

Comments

• CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited November 2016
    I love this!!! <3

I was thinking about building a theatre, and I've started working on an underground gig (which I believe is another of those pop ups). I really would love something like a stage object: a bit like how we could write and stage plays in The Sims Medieval, mixed with the performance stage from Showtime, and the bands from Late Night. I would like more features for these kinds of professions and venues.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Great idea! I'm currently building a venue for entertainers although it's not an opera. Upstairs has a vaudville type dressing room for the singers/entertainers.

Like you, I hope that the devs give us the tools to make the most of this. For now, like you, it's the stories in my head.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    The Simpolitan Opera venue looks very nice! :) Very nice exterior design of the venue! The roofing looks great! The front steps entrance to the venue looks very nice. The skylight tiling roofing looks nice.The area with the candles and with the lilypads and lights in the water looks great! The spider webs are great touches in the corners.
    Sims will enjoy attending the venue! :)
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Wow, this is totally awesome, OP! Ducking over to your Gallery now to snag this. Nicely done and thank you for sharing!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Mandy_LynMandy_Lyn Posts: 33 Member
    I'm a huge POTO fan and I'll have to download your opera house.