Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I absolutely love singing the Ballads!

When you hit level 3/4 of the singer career, you can sing Ballads. It won't let you pick someone there if they are not that level though. I like to get my singer to level 6/7 or higher and find someone that sings that good also and the Ballads are great! I was surprised when they held hands while singing (love that touch)
15hy809.png
I took several different pics with different ones, but some reason they are not showing up in tiny pic. I have been taking a lot of pics though, so maybe there is a limit? LOL

Who else loves the Ballads?

Comments

• Options
    simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    so sweet! What EP is that? Out of the loop, went back to the sims 2 and 3 for toddlers.
  • Options
    FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    That's great. I must try it. I play a lot of families and I was surprised, when I returned to one family, that the female of the house is a really good singer now. I only remember in the early days when she sounded so awful. I'm guessing she got a lot of practice in while I was off bothering another family. :)

It is City Living, @simplyzoe.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    @simplyzoe It is the CL EP. I loved Showtime in S3 (not many did though) so this is right up my alley! Cant seem to get enough of CL, it is so much fun for me.....I really like everything about this EP!

@Figwit I always try to duet with the others, when singing. Each day I go back I can see an improvement for them (may take a while longer, but definitely hear the improvement). My Sim was at a festival and eating at the picnic table and my neighbor sat down and was singing the whole time, LOL I have even heard them singing from another table while at the diners!
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    This new singing skill is great! I love hearing ballads, too. The video there is from The Sims 3 Generations trailer, but that was a little love story, wasn't it?
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I love the singing skill as a whole but I agree, the ballads are great for couples ♥

tRQtlGi.png

Rqx3mUP.png
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    Ohh, that's so cute! I didn't know that!
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @charlotteprice

Wonderful pic I have not managed to get to ballads yet as shortly after CL came out I played for a while then had to perform a clean windows install and am currently reinstalling all my games.. I also love the showtime careers from 3 but the singing voice audio packed up for me one time and never came back so I had to be content with the magician and acrobat... :)

@sillyangel0906

gorgeous pics as well I love the little looks and touches I will be trying that out when I get my game re-downloaded.. is there any sort of career with the karaoke on 4 I can't remember?
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Oh, oh, oh, not only is this so sweet, but think how close they are getting to Slow Dancing!? :grin: If they can do this animation without clipping issues, I have hope. I want more hand holding in general, too, as in Go Far A Romantic Stroll, sit on the sofa and Hold Hands, or holding children's hands, etc.

The Singing Skill appears to have a great deal of thought put into it, and seems quite detailed, is it not? The singing at the table reminds me so much of me father. :smiley: He was always singing, but seemed to love doing it most when we sat down for a meal. I guess it was the captive audience that brought out the entertainer in him? :wink:

I don't have the pack yet, but I'm looking forward to playing with the Singing Skill a lot. One Sim in particular will, I'm sure, be so jacked to move on from Simlish Doodah, I've Been Working On The Railroad, and Oh Susannah. He's gotten good with only those three Outdoor Retreat Songs. He's ready. :love:
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @charlotteprice

Wonderful pic I have not managed to get to ballads yet as shortly after CL came out I played for a while then had to perform a clean windows install and am currently reinstalling all my games.. I also love the showtime careers from 3 but the singing voice audio packed up for me one time and never came back so I had to be content with the magician and acrobat... :)

@sillyangel0906

gorgeous pics as well I love the little looks and touches I will be trying that out when I get my game re-downloaded.. is there any sort of career with the karaoke on 4 I can't remember?

No singing career unfortunately :/
  • Options
    @SimTrippy

Aww I hope that this feature may be added in future as I really love the singing/Karaoke voice/audio and animations from this pack also as Livin in Sim says a possible return to slow dancing would be awesome if it worked out that way as well.. slow dancing in a patch please EA :)
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    @SPARKY1922 yes slow dancing would be a great addition! And cuddling in bed while sleeping. <3
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    This new singing skill is great! I love hearing ballads, too. The video there is from The Sims 3 Generations trailer, but that was a little love story, wasn't it?

Because of this comment I now need to download All Time Low's Time Bomb that was part of the generations trailer. Thank you for your comment!
  • Options
    PrincessMeiPrincessMei Posts: 1,319 Member
    I love singing ballads also. Here is my lvl 10 couple singing a ballad. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cex40ncmPY
    sprinkler.gif
  • Options
    @SimTrippy

defo agree :)

@PrincessMei

Thanks for posting the video I had not heard the ballads due to playing CL only for around 2 days due prior to experiencing PC problems so am reinstalling today and will be making sure I get my sim skilled up to sing those as its so cute.. :)
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Singing with my evil Landlord :s
    29g0ute.png

I am not responsible for the way Townies dress.......but if they can sing, then I can tolerate it :D
    250rpxs.png

Thank you all for your replies and love your pics @sillyangel0906 <3
    @PrincessMei I smiled the whole time watching your video, I am just crazy in love with the singing in CL!

Edit: forgot to remove the IMG bars, LOL
  • Options
    wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    Agreed! When I saw this I was so amused haha
    4dKel0c.png
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I really enjoy this feature too. Beautiful screenshots and videos everyone! I love threads like this!!! Thanks for the morning smile. <3
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    At first I was rather distressed with how awful my Sim sounded. Having OR, I discovered that if a Sim did the sing songs interaction while learning how to play the guitar (having no previous guitar skills) that by level three, they sounded pretty descent. Not so with the new singing skill. Oh, it was like listening to a novice violinist. Painful. Happily, I endured and now my Sim is closing in on level 8. He sounds really good. But, I have to confess even at level 5 he still went off key singing Karaoke. What's up with that? :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    @GalacticGal I have noticed mine going off key sometimes too, and also noticed they were just happy! I make sure, before going, that my sim is inspired and when that time runs out, I have her cloud gaze, LOL. Not sure if that has anything to do with it, but it seems to work for me!
  • Options
    Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    My favorite is having a sim with high singing skill sing with one with a low singing skill. It's super funny xD
  • Options
    @Jprp83 Yep! And, you hear their voice louder than your high skilled one :s