Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please help - mod won't show up in game!

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    I'm starting to realized the reason some of my Sims 4 CC don't work because I don't the expansions pack for it :#

Hello
    Some cc items do require certain sims 4 packs.
  • LaracroftEyes1LaracroftEyes1 Posts: 296 Member
    Where can I download meshes?
    d10f10cfadd5b2e97043ba6ec57f8ced.jpg
    Where can I download meshes?

Hello
    If a cc item requires the original mesh, there will be a link to the mesh on the download page.
    Thanks
    On EA forums for Sims 4 cc someone suggest that another forum member should deleted the resource .cfg and start a new game and that Resource.cfg would be new where it can accept subfolder for Sims 4 cc is it true?
    On EA forums for Sims 4 cc someone suggest that another forum member should deleted the resource .cfg and start a new game and that Resource.cfg would be new where it can accept subfolder for Sims 4 cc is it true?

If you delete the resource.cfg file, a new one will be generated when you next play the game. Your current resource.cfg file though should already be coded to allow sub folder levels for cc.
    Where would find the resource .cfg file coded
    Finally I got some mods that have mesh and now need find the outfit I want it
  • candie_andie4candie_andie4 Posts: 88 New Member
    Hello. i know these other comments were from last year, and i am just now posting. I've been having trouble creating threads an/or finding the right solution because i have a similar problem but a bit more complicated and i need some tech professional help because I am going out of my mind! I am having trouble and some confusion with my cc that i downloaded. I did all the necessary instructions to get them into my mod folder. Yes this is the mod folder located in the electronic folder under documents. So i bought the game again, because i had it before since i just recently got a computer to play it through my origins account. I didn't have any cc before until now when i wanted to have them, so the problem isn't about not being able to download, because the first time i downloaded the game and everything was the time frame i used to also download the cc I wanted. I went to play the game, played my game after making my sim, however i didn't know then about enabling my cc and mods, so i did some research on how to do that, instructed to enable them, and then i went back on my game and checked that my cc showed up, which it did. So here's where it gets tricky and all this happened about 2 days ago and it still happening. I saved and closed out my game, and went back on a day later, and when i opened up origins, origins is re-downloading and installing my sims game like i never played or downloaded it. So i got confused on what and why this was going on, but i went with it thinking maybe origins needed an update or the game needed to. IDK. So after it re-downloaded again, i went to play only to see that I had to start a new game, all my saves and my custom content were gone. I even checked in my electronics folder, for my saves, tray, and mods and they were all there but i just realized the dates were over-writed i think, because it didn't show that it was created 2 days ago, it showed that it was created in my folder the day i had to re-download it and i went back in the next day. So i did more research to try and get my saves and cc back, it seem to work when i was doing all this last night to fix it, but and i went today and my new saves and cc were there once, and then gone again after i tried to take my mods folder out to make sure that it wasn't my cc that created this situation and that i wouldn't lose if i downloaded more because i was instructed to back it up in case my sims crashes or has to re-download again if i loose my saves. Now i don't know if I'm doing anything right because now my saves form last night are gone. I thought moving the folders out onto my desktop and/or copying them would help them appear again, which i did with my saves, and my tray and now everything seems to be missing or gone. I even checked in my computer somewhere and found something like a new location where its the same thing as getting my electronics folder but the way i got to that location was by going a separate i found that was labeled documents, with another document inside saying electronics folder, then the sims 4, and i see that exact same thing like i do whenever i go to the other original location, since i have a windows 10, I go into my PC, then click on documents, then electronic arts folder, then the sims 4 folder. I am just wondering if those locations are just 2 ways to get to your electronics folder, and that I'm going crazy, or i must did something to have in another location. I just want to get my CC back and my old saves back. Could someone please take the time to help me out and give me some clarification.
    Hello. i know these other comments were from last year, and i am just now posting. I've been having trouble creating threads an/or finding the right solution because i have a similar problem but a bit more complicated and i need some tech professional help because I am going out of my mind! I am having trouble and some confusion with my cc that i downloaded. I did all the necessary instructions to get them into my mod folder. Yes this is the mod folder located in the electronic folder under documents. So i bought the game again, because i had it before since i just recently got a computer to play it through my origins account. I didn't have any cc before until now when i wanted to have them, so the problem isn't about not being able to download, because the first time i downloaded the game and everything was the time frame i used to also download the cc I wanted. I went to play the game, played my game after making my sim, however i didn't know then about enabling my cc and mods, so i did some research on how to do that, instructed to enable them, and then i went back on my game and checked that my cc showed up, which it did. So here's where it gets tricky and all this happened about 2 days ago and it still happening. I saved and closed out my game, and went back on a day later, and when i opened up origins, origins is re-downloading and installing my sims game like i never played or downloaded it. So i got confused on what and why this was going on, but i went with it thinking maybe origins needed an update or the game needed to. IDK. So after it re-downloaded again, i went to play only to see that I had to start a new game, all my saves and my custom content were gone. I even checked in my electronics folder, for my saves, tray, and mods and they were all there but i just realized the dates were over-writed i think, because it didn't show that it was created 2 days ago, it showed that it was created in my folder the day i had to re-download it and i went back in the next day. So i did more research to try and get my saves and cc back, it seem to work when i was doing all this last night to fix it, but and i went today and my new saves and cc were there once, and then gone again after i tried to take my mods folder out to make sure that it wasn't my cc that created this situation and that i wouldn't lose if i downloaded more because i was instructed to back it up in case my sims crashes or has to re-download again if i loose my saves. Now i don't know if I'm doing anything right because now my saves form last night are gone. I thought moving the folders out onto my desktop and/or copying them would help them appear again, which i did with my saves, and my tray and now everything seems to be missing or gone. I even checked in my computer somewhere and found something like a new location where its the same thing as getting my electronics folder but the way i got to that location was by going a separate i found that was labeled documents, with another document inside saying electronics folder, then the sims 4, and i see that exact same thing like i do whenever i go to the other original location, since i have a windows 10, I go into my PC, then click on documents, then electronic arts folder, then the sims 4 folder. I am just wondering if those locations are just 2 ways to get to your electronics folder, and that I'm going crazy, or i must did something to have in another location. I just want to get my CC back and my old saves back. Could someone please take the time to help me out and give me some clarification.

Hello @candie_andie4
    I am sorry that you are having these issues.
    Where is the extra Electronic Arts folder located? Could you please take a screenshot of it ?
    Because you aren't a member yet, you can't post pictures that appear , but you can upload your pictures to a photo sharing site such as imgur or tinypic , then right click the picture on the photo sharing site and copy/paste the image address link here.,
    You will need to replace the http in the address with h.t.t.p as you are a new member and can’t post links.
    We can then post the pictures for you,

The other location that i seem to find was under my user setting for my PC. When i click on that its like it takes me to a separate document folder/electronic arts/ etc. The original folder that all your saves are suppose to be on, as to how i get to that is by pressing the button for my PC, then going to the document folder, then electronic arts etc. The posting of pictures seems like a lot but ill try and do that.
    edited February 2018
    The other location that i seem to find was under my user setting for my PC. When i click on that its like it takes me to a separate document folder/electronic arts/ etc. The original folder that all your saves are suppose to be on, as to how i get to that is by pressing the button for my PC, then going to the document folder, then electronic arts etc. The posting of pictures seems like a lot but ill try and do that.

Are the other folders in the program files section ?
    It would be good if you could post the screenshot.
    im going to try and post pictures right now
    This first 5 photos show me going into my library, to my PC, to documents, electronic arts folder, the sims 4 folder, and none of my mods are there int he folder, and the only saves i have are the ones from today, and my tray stuff are different.
    h.t.t.p://imgur.com/8gmXZrX

h.t.t.p://imgur.com/d9QECd1

h.t.t.p://imgur.com/f9uvXQk

h.t.t.p://imgur.com/O8ah3zZ

hopefully the links work
    This is the other location where i found my mods, and my old saves and the stuff in my tray from when i played the first time.

h.t.t.p//imgur.com/O8ah3zZ

This first 5 photos show me going into my library, to my PC, to documents, electronic arts folder, the sims 4 folder, and none of my mods are there int he folder, and the only saves i have are the ones from today, and my tray stuff are different.
    8gmXZrX.png

d9QECd1.png

f9uvXQk.png

O8ah3zZ.png

O8ah3zZ.png

So what is the verdict? Sorry if I sound impatient.
    Hello @candie_andie4
    The second set of pictures are the same picture as the last two in the first post. Could you please post the picture of the other location? You may have just accidentally posted the same file links by mistake.
    okay I'll re post those links again
    edited February 2018
    Hello @candie_andie4
    I think that the issue is that you have the extra Electronics Arts_2 folder.
    Move to your desktop the documents -electronic arts Sims 4 folder. Then move the electronic arts_2 folder to the desktop. Start the sims 4 game , and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game. Then delete the new sims 4 folder ( documents -Electronics arts-sims 4 folder ) and “ copy” back the sims 4 folder that is in the Electronics_2 folder that you placed onto the desktop and put that in the documents -Electronics arts folder
    Then launch the game and see if your mods/saves appear.
    Post edited by rosemow on
    These are the pictures, and i just checked again and my mods aren't in there, there in the other electronics folder shown in the picture, and the saves in this location are the saves from today.

h.t.t.p://imgur.com/ub84zl9

h.t.t.p://imgur.com/fNwiK13

h.t.t.p://imgur.com/20imsNy

h.t.t.p://imgur.com/e2gJtel
    What about the game that i have going right now, that's currently saving today's work that you and I are seeing in the folder. I don't want that to disappear or go away somewhere.